IGNORED

Is Treasure (the dev) Overrated?

Is Treasure (the dev) Overrated  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is treasure overrated?

I'd say yes, they are overrated. I literally had never heard of the company before, looked them up just now. I recognize the name for some of the games, but never played any of them, with none of their games being on my playlist for the foreseeable future. Just seems like a hype train to me, and the connection with being formed by ex-Konami staff makes me feel that it isn't even a situation of the diamond in the rough or the hidden gem. No thanks. I'd rather look into other studios.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Crazy how Im the villain without breaking any rules 😇  When another member literally called me a C*nt with no response- its all good though, ive been called worse.

I wonder what they say about me in my Mod thread, lol. 
Actually, I know what they say 😂😂😂

Anyways, Ill stop bumping this thread up and discussing why Im such a bad kid, unless anyone else wants to give their opinion on The game developer treasure. 

If not lets let it slowly fade into obscurity.

👀*watches back*👀

Calling someone a c*nt is a term of endearment in Australia and NZ. Like "he's a great c*nt" or "this c*nt is a legend". We even had Northern Territory do a tourism campaign called CUintheNT 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Social Team · Posted
On 3/29/2023 at 9:04 AM, OptOut said:

Admittedly, I have been under a LOT of stress at work recently. My wife and I are taking our first trip back to the UK in almost 4 years (thanks Corona!), and it's the first time we are leaving our business in the hands of others while we are away.

I've spent the best part of two months preparing literally EVERYTHING you could think of to make sure we are ready for the trip, so I've not had much wick left to burn on other things! 😅😅😅

Everything you say.  What about Pooh?

Spoiler

lqDFDXXvfqMs7kyQ9y1FrGcQzdCE23uMPlcxFqo_

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 2

I think Treasure are overrated, but man this thread is way too much of a dumpster fire for me to try to defend that 😄 Don't worry though, my reasoning isn't as absurd as some of the crazy claims that's been made in here. I actually played most of their games.

On 3/29/2023 at 6:48 AM, Ankos said:

I sometimes look at a dev and think "This dev's fans kinda set the bar too high for them. They are good, but I was given unreasonable expectations for them". If that is what people mean when they say a dev is overrated then I kinda get it

I think this sums up Treasure pretty well.

Edited by Sumez

Editorials Team · Posted
16 hours ago, Sumez said:

I think Treasure are overrated, but man this thread is way too much of a dumpster fire for me to try to defend that 😄 Don't worry though, my reasoning isn't as absurd as some of the crazy claims that's been made in here. I actually played most of their games.

Don't worry.  Unlike some people, I'm sure you could make a thoughtful, well-reasoned argument for 'yes' 😆