IGNORED

Is Treasure (the dev) Overrated?

Is Treasure (the dev) Overrated  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is treasure overrated?

7 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Also, maybe I'm just overly positive, but I don't look at any of these developers and immediately think "overrated."

I don't even know what that word is supposed to mean most of the time.  Other than "most people think this thing, but they're all wrong because I'm smarter than them."

Such a weird, self-indulgent concept. 😆

...well, with some exceptions.  Like fucking Sonic Team for example... THAT'S the definition of overrated.  Like 90% of their shit doesn't stand any sort of test of time.  Obviously in this case I AM right, and all of those fans are wrong😏

This is my thoughts too. When I think of the term overrated I think of something that is always talked up and hyped to the max but falls short of been good.

Maybe I don’t explore the internet enough but I very rarely hear Treasure been discussed. Maybe someone every now and then throws out Gunstar Heroes or Ikaruga as a game they love but I’ve barely heard people talk about Treasure.

Also OptOut if you’re going to have a hot take you need to be prepared to defend it like AirVillian. You definitely won’t be winning the hot take award for the next awards 🤣

12 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

yes, I can. I can set the rules of discussion for  a thread I create.

Not if you expect people who don't automatically agree with you and pat you on the back to take you seriously.  If you don't care about that, then just comp to wanting an echo chamber to tell Opty he's wrong, as that seems to be how this thread migrated from being part of a different one into its own thing.

8 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Man you are exhausting.

Touche.

The Brady Bunch Beauty GIF

• Agree 2

Editorials Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Also OptOut if you’re going to have a hot take you need to be prepared to defend it like AirVillian. You definitely won’t be winning the hot take award for the next awards

Haha

*a month later*

Opt: "Oooh, good talk guys.  Good talk.  Glad to see we all agree with me.  Here's some more reasons why I'm right."

• Haha 2

Editorials Team · Posted
Just now, OptOut said:

Jesus, look guys I know I'm hot shit and everything, but please give me a little breathing room here! 

You can't ALL suck me off at once, we're gonna need a ticketing system in here or something! 🥵

We're not supposed to discuss werewolf outside of the main thread.  You know that.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Not if you expect people who don't automatically agree with you and pat you on the back to take you seriously.  If you don't care about that, then just comp to wanting an echo chamber to tell Opty he's wrong, as that seems to be how this thread migrated from being part of a different one into its own thing.

Touche.

The Brady Bunch Beauty GIF

I wanted a comparison of similar sized devs, from the 16-32 bit console era. Thats it.  Dont give me the bullshit about wanted to be agreed with in an echo chamber and patted on the back. Thats 100% not true, and is a cop-out. And I don’t care if “people take me seriously” around here (plot twist- they do!- check my feedback bro) Im a grown ass man. 

As far as the exhausting thing, have I ever essay quoted you in one of your fucking threads, going off on tangents? Nope. If you think im exhausting, hit that ignore button. Im not going to ignore you, because passing over the novels your write is pretty easy for me. 

Stop hijacking my thread now, if you dont mind. Give me your opinion on if treasure is over rated, and move on.

Shit if I was you, I would have already gotten a mod warning about being snarky or hijacking a thread 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Brickman said:

This is my thoughts too. When I think of the term overrated I think of something that is always talked up and hyped to the max but falls short of been good.

Maybe I don’t explore the internet enough but I very rarely hear Treasure been discussed. Maybe someone every now and then throws out Gunstar Heroes or Ikaruga as a game they love but I’ve barely heard people talk about Treasure.

Also OptOut if you’re going to have a hot take you need to be prepared to defend it like AirVillian. You definitely won’t be winning the hot take award for the next awards 🤣

All I really wanted to hear was what similar Devs he thought was better, in all honesty. Finally I got it on the third page.  Mainly so I could pick up anything I might have missed.

But once you start throwing amiga games up there as “better” (watch out for water drips!) I tune out 😂😂

11 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

As far as the exhausting thing, have I ever essay quoted you in one of your fucking threads, going off on tangents? Nope. If you think im exhausting, hit that ignore button. Im not going to ignore you, because passing over the novels your write is pretty easy for me.

Feel free.  I actually enjoy discussion, especially if it's in depth.  To me, single sentence responses just drag things out unnecessarily and feel like they ought to be done over something like Discord (or ICQ/AIM/MSN/etc. back in the "olden" days).

11 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Stop hijacking my thread now, if you dont mind. Give me your opinion on if treasure is over rated, and move on.

I did, and apparently you ignored it.  At least a couple of times, actually.  I think they're overrated in the overall scheme of things, but am fine with them being considered king of their incredibly niche kingdom, especially since I'm not a particular fan of that genre.  They get hyped up far beyond how good they are overall, though, when being brought up in general discussion, hence my stance.  If they were as overall amazing as people go on and on about, they'd have far more mass appeal and not just be considered fantastic in the small corner most of their work lives in.

4 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

But once you start throwing amiga games up there as “better” (watch out for water drips!) I tune out 😂😂

Watch out!  An equally valid, dissenting opinion!  Quick, shoot it before it grows😉🤪

Edited by darkchylde28
  • Agree 1

Moderator · Posted

Can we go one week without this same group of people bringing this forum to a rolling boil of negativity?

Seriously, I’m wondering if we shouldn’t temp ban the lot of you to sort yourselves out and learn how to behave.

I’m locking this thread until tomorrow. Go take a walk and do something to make you all less awful.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
11 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Also, maybe I'm just overly positive, but I don't look at any of these developers and immediately think "overrated."

I don't even know what that word is supposed to mean most of the time.  Other than "most people think this thing, but they're all wrong because I'm smarter than them."

Such a weird, self-indulgent concept. 😆

...well, with some exceptions.  Like fucking Sonic Team for example... THAT'S the definition of overrated.  Like 90% of their shit doesn't stand any sort of test of time.  Obviously in this case I AM right, and all of those fans are wrong😏

I sometimes look at a dev and think "This dev's fans kinda set the bar too high for them. They are good, but I was given unreasonable expectations for them". If that is what people mean when they say a dev is overrated then I kinda get it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scrobins said:

Can we go one week without this same group of people bringing this forum to a rolling boil of negativity?

Seriously, I’m wondering if we shouldn’t temp ban the lot of you to sort yourselves out and learn how to behave.

I’m locking this thread until tomorrow. Go take a walk and do something to make you all less awful.

I kind of wonder- did people forget the definition of an opinion? What is even the purpose of this topic? OptOut could just have the chance to explain that statement, not an obligation

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BlackVega said:

I kind of wonder- did people forget the definition of an opinion? What is even the purpose of this topic? OptOut could just have the chance to explain that statement, not an obligation

It becomes an obligation when you are directly called out and put on the spot. If I declined to respond, it would be implicitly interpreted as me backing down from my comment, which would be a misrepresentation of my views. People know me well enough to know that if I am directly challenged, that I will represent myself wholeheartedly.

BUT, I also made it pretty clear early on that I wasn't SUPER invested in this topic from the beginning. I was cajoled into providing more and more in response, until I reached the point I felt I had given absolutely as much as I was willing to on the topic, where I made it explicitly clear that enough was enough.

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

It becomes an obligation when you are directly called out and put on the spot. If I declined to respond, it would be implicitly interpreted as me backing down from my comment, which would be a misrepresentation of my views. People know me well enough to know that if I am directly challenged, that I will represent myself wholeheartedly.

BUT, I also made it pretty clear early on that I wasn't SUPER invested in this topic from the beginning. I was cajoled into providing more and more in response, until I reached the point I felt I had given absolutely as much as I was willing to on the topic, where I made it explicitly clear that enough was enough.

I originally started the thread as a fun banter, and to start a new discussion. Since you thought they were overrated, I genuinely wanted to hear who you thought was a better dev. My bad, no hard feelings. 

shoot, only 9 warnings left😂😂😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlackVega said:

So are opinions not allowed to be challenged? It doesn’t sound like much fun if we all just sit round and say what our opinion without discussion. 

thank you to those who participated in the topic. 

9 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I originally started the thread as a fun banter, and to start a new discussion. Since you thought they were overrated, I genuinely wanted to hear who you thought was a better dev. My bad, no hard feelings. 

shoot, only 9 warnings left😂😂😂

Admittedly, I have been under a LOT of stress at work recently. My wife and I are taking our first trip back to the UK in almost 4 years (thanks Corona!), and it's the first time we are leaving our business in the hands of others while we are away.

I've spent the best part of two months preparing literally EVERYTHING you could think of to make sure we are ready for the trip, so I've not had much wick left to burn on other things! 😅😅😅

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Admittedly, I have been under a LOT of stress at work recently. My wife and I are taking our first trip back to the UK in almost 4 years (thanks Corona!), and it's the first time we are leaving our business in the hands of others while we are away.

I've spent the best part of two months preparing literally EVERYTHING you could think of to make sure we are ready for the trip, so I've not had much wick left to burn on other things! 😅😅😅

It’s all good man, I hope you guys have a safe trip.i was trying to Carry on That fun back-and-forth that we always had but  it looks like it was bad timing and I should have showed more playfulness in the post. Still buddies 🍻

Plus, Im a bad kid now and we have to stick together

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

It’s all good man, I hope you guys have a safe trip.i was trying to Carry on That fun back-and-forth that we always had but  it looks like it was bad timing and I should have showed more playfulness in the post. Still buddies 🍻

Plus, Im a bad kid now and we have to stick together

Lel, you got more warnings than me, bitch! 😎

Drunk Tim Robinson GIF by The Lonely Island

3 minutes ago, attakid101 said:

My thoughts on Corey going from mod to public enemy

FF6DAC8B-6FC1-480C-A1C7-B9A98342EF85.jpeg

Crazy how Im the villain without breaking any rules 😇  When another member literally called me a C*nt with no response- its all good though, ive been called worse.

I wonder what they say about me in my Mod thread, lol. 
Actually, I know what they say 😂😂😂

Anyways, Ill stop bumping this thread up and discussing why Im such a bad kid, unless anyone else wants to give their opinion on The game developer treasure. 

If not lets let it slowly fade into obscurity.

👀*watches back*👀

• Haha 1

Moderator · Posted
34 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Crazy how Im the villain without breaking any rules 😇  When another member literally called me a C*nt with no response- its all good though, ive been called worse.

Which is why I said that the warning points I issued weren’t just for this thread but reflect a new mod consensus that that kind of behavior and language is not going to be tolerated here anymore. Some stuff in this thread from some people isn’t itself point-worthy, but are a recognition that we haven’t been policing toxic and mean negatively as much as we should have. I’m sorry it wasn’t dealt with now, but people using that word aren’t getting a pass anymore.