VGS Valentine's Day Contest 2023 [ENDED]

ZeldaFreak

17 hours ago, North said:

Update 😤

Senpai: 64,300

Roses: 70,540

Thorns: 90,050

TOTAL: 224,890

screenshots this time so it's easy to read.

image.png.927b564bb192f1ad9f9b62e4d685dd0a.pngimage.png.81182d364acccc97bb860432bda9c61d.pngimage.png.4af2dac7b2c6b8fae6159df5943a8203.png

Wow! That's quite an increase! Oh man, you're closing in on me. I need to keep practicing Roses, I just can't do that song very well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, spacepup said:

I just mean that I self-disallow prizes for events like this - not that my score is even close!!  I thought I was decent at rhythm games but some of these scores are insane.  Good job folks!

Oh yeah, I wasn't speaking in regards to you in particular, that was just more of a general statement 🙂

Also, reminder to everyone that tomorrow will be the final day for new score submissions, so get 'em in while you can!

Events Team · Posted
27 minutes ago, BlackVega said:

Guys, my PC is temporarily down and I didnt provide screenshots on time. I got a little over 150 000 in total so I dont put much on the table other than participation. You need to trust me on this one. I will provide screenshots later

Ah, yeah my PC recently went kaput unexpectedly as well so I know that frustration. I'll take your word for it for now since you're not in the top 3 regardless, but yeah, make sure to provide some screenshots whenever you get the chance 👍

18 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Ah, yeah my PC recently went kaput unexpectedly as well so I know that frustration. I'll take your word for it for now since you're not in the top 3 regardless, but yeah, make sure to provide some screenshots whenever you get the chance 👍

I technically participated too, but just couldn't get into the game and did so badly that I didn't bother to take screenshots.  I think I averaged something like ~14K per song and only messed with the first 3 or 4, so I didn't think it was worth bothering with.  I'd like to be considered as participating but understand if I'm not since it's after-the-fact.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by darkchylde28

Events Team · Posted
On 2/20/2023 at 11:04 PM, Gloves said:

On 2/21/2023 at 8:04 AM, darkchylde28 said:

I technically participated too, but just couldn't get into the game and did so badly that I didn't bother to take screenshots.  I think I averaged something like ~14K per song and only messed with the first 3 or 4, so I didn't think it was worth bothering with.  I'd like to be considered as participating but understand if I'm not since it's after-the-fact.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Well, those weren't the actual songs we played for the contest, so I wouldn't count that as participation, sorry!

On 2/21/2023 at 8:55 AM, G-type said:

North showed me how to play it using "ASKL" instead of arrow keys. I did a lot better. I was actually able to finish songs on hard mode and raised my score a lot, but still not good enough to worry about screenshotting.

Yeah, that's how I play as well and it does make the trickier songs significantly easier.

Events Team · Posted

Aaanyway, sorry about the delay, last couple days have been, uh... eventful for me, haha. Regardless though, with scores of 237,700, 229,240, & 224,890 respectively, @DefaultGen has won in 1st place, @Vaosu has won in 2nd place, & @North has won in 3rd place! Congrats, and very well done to you all. You all will be PMed shortly!

As always, thank you all for participating!

@DefaultGen@Vaosu@North@KokiriChild@BlackVega@spacepup@Nugfish@G-type@captmorgandrinker

That about wraps it up I believe! With that, the 2023 VGS Valentine's Day Contest has come to a close! Hope you all had fun, and I hope you all enjoyed getting to play a rhythm game for one of these, figured that'd make a nice change of pace 🙂

Hope to see you all again next event!

• Like 2

• The title was changed to VGS Valentine's Day Contest 2023 [ENDED]
18 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Well, those weren't the actual songs we played for the contest, so I wouldn't count that as participation, sorry!

Ah, crap, I scanned the original post, then scanned it again to find the link to the game on Sunday, but missed the bit about needing to play specific songs.  Oh well.  I'm sure I'd have sucked at them just as badly, lol!

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Ah, crap, I scanned the original post, then scanned it again to find the link to the game on Sunday, but missed the bit about needing to play specific songs.  Oh well.  I'm sure I'd have sucked at them just as badly, lol!

Hahaha, all good, you did still play the game at least!