IGNORED

VGS Valentine's Day Contest 2023 [ENDED]

ZeldaFreak

Events Team · Posted
8 hours ago, Lago said:

Don't try this with a wireless keyboard.  Or do, I'm terrible at it.  Haha

How old is the keyboard you're trying to use? Just curious since pretty much all decent wireless keyboards these days shouldn't have any real noticeable latency/input delay issues compared to a wired keyboard, at least as far as I'm aware.

2 hours ago, North said:

I'm back 😈

Screenshot_20230215-230210_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230215-230159_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230215-230141_Gallery.jpg

Heeey, welcome back! Been awhile, good to see you again.

One quick question, for your Thorns score... is that 92,580, or 82,580? I've been looking at that image real hard and I THINK it's 92,580, but I honestly can't tell with 100% certainty so just wanted to double check, haha.

Events Helper · Posted
6 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

How old is the keyboard you're trying to use? Just curious since pretty much all decent wireless keyboards these days shouldn't have any real noticeable latency/input delay issues compared to a wired keyboard, at least as far as I'm aware.

One quick question, for your Thorns score... is that 92,580, or 82,580? I've been looking at that image real hard and I THINK it's 92,580, but I honestly can't tell with 100% certainty so just wanted to double check, haha.

if it's the last score, looks like an 82500 to me.....

Events Team · Posted
28 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I thought so at first too, but then I looked closer and the first number looked off compared to the other 8 you can see in the score, the right edge of the first number looks completely flat, which shouldn't be the case if it's an 8, and I'm pretty sure you can just barely see a gap on the left side of it where there would be one if it were a 9, which was made me lean towards 9.

But yeah, easiest solution would be for @North to just clarify, haha.

Events Team · Posted
34 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Oh and also, at the very least you can tell it's 580 and not 500 because the 8 right next to the last 0 looks distinctly different. In particular, that little line through the middle is horizontal on the 8, whereas with the 0 it's diagonal. That part I am at least sure about.

5 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

The score is 82,580 on thorns, sorry about the picture quality 😅

• Sad 1

Oh man, a game where all of my years of playing DDR, StepMania, and FlashFlashRevolution will help me!

Edit: Ok, got some scores. Roses has some absolutely horrible crossovers and spins. Definitely need to practice that one. Thorns is fun! I prefer fast songs with big streams of 1/8th and 1/16ths.

Senpai - 64300

Roses - 63090

Thorns - 88570

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by Vaosu
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

It’s something like 7 years old.  It’ll drop keystrokes on a fairly consistent basis.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
23 hours ago, Lago said:

It’s something like 7 years old.  It’ll drop keystrokes on a fairly consistent basis.

Gotcha. Yeah, that'll do it then. Well, I wish you luck, haha.

21 hours ago, Vaosu said:

Do those awful notes on Roses trip you up too? I just can't do the middle and end parts even though it's only using 3 arrows instead of 4.

21 hours ago, KokiriChild said:

Yeah those parts with the left right and down arrows in Roses I can't seem to get down.

I've been playing FNF off and on for quite awhile now, gotten pretty decent at it, and yeah, that particular pattern has always given me trouble. That's one of, like, 2 patterns in the whole game I can almost never seem to quite get down for whatever reason. It is a pattern for sure, it's just the type of pattern that completely breaks my brain every time I get to it, haha.

21 hours ago, Gloves said:

Agree, there's actually no "rhythm" to it. It's more like Simon Says.

Oh no, there's absolutely rhythm to it. It's just for that particular pattern it's a very fast, difficult rhythm. The easier difficulties can feel a bit Simon Says-ish sometimes since the arrows don't perfectly match all the notes (since it has to be easier) but once you get up to hard mode where the arrows match all the notes, it's all rhythm all day.

19 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

This song has more views on Youtube than Reed's first 10 top metal songs of all time are going to combined. I've never even heard of this game.

EcGQxKl.png

Also you just gotta ah de oh ah ah de oh ah de de oh

ZmchKkV.gif

Oh yeah, there was a time not too long ago when this game was absolutely blowing up in popularity, it was pretty huge for a good bit.

...Also, color me very impressed honestly, haha.

Aaanyway, finally got the leaderboard up to date. Keep up the good work guys!