IGNORED

Flats vs. Drumettes

RH

Flats vs. Drumettes  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer when it comes to chicken wings?

Man, I love chicken wings!  Do you?!

If so, we all seem to have our preferences of which of the two wing parts are better.  Both parts are enjoyable but they are also different.  Flats tend to be juicier and a bit more flavorful, however, many people find them more difficult to consume.  The drumette might be a bit more dry, but it's the perfect shape for eating off the bone, plus wings should either be drenched in sauce and/or dipped in something anyway, so it's not a big deal!

So, which do you prefer?

Edited by RH

• The title was changed to Flats vs. Drumettes
2 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Boneless

Yeah, I kind of have to agree with you here, as 99% of the time, wings are just more trouble than they're worth.  Personally, most of the sauces that these things traditionally get basted with are ones that I wouldn't choose on my own anyway, so any sort of flavor from the chicken tends to be overpowered by some sort of sauce that's going for heat for heat's sake versus flavor or some variation on barbecue, which I don't care for.  I don't enjoy the ritual of disassembly, nor the sort of competition of "who can eat the most," so if I'm going to sit down to eat a meal, I'm going to select something large and legitimately flavorful, or if it's a snack, something I don't have to pay close attention to in order to consume.

Call me a blasphemer, but neither Buffalo Wild Wings nor Hooters could ever have been considered a great place to hang out by me.  If I had to vote, I'd probably go with drumsticks simply because they're easier to eat, although the meat on the flat bits tends to be better.  However, I'd much rather eat one of the little fried chicken wings (the whole wing, not just the flat bit used traditionally in "wings") that always come packed with my eggroll when I order Chinese food versus either of the ones in the poll.

• Agree 1

This is truth.  You guys are free to like your "boneless wings" but they aren't wings. There typically breast meat.  I find this fascinating because a better choice of meat would have probably been thigh meat, but that doesn't seem to be the standard practice.  Wings and thighs are dark meat because they are more active muscles.  Muscle that are not used much make up white meat.

Regardless, Boneless "wings" do not belong in this discussion because, as it's been said, THEY ARE NOT WINGS!

I do enjoy a good chicken nugget though.  Maybe we should have another thread called "How do you prefer your processed chicken meat?" Options, "As Popcorn Chicken", "As Chicken Nugget" or "As 'Boneless' wings". 😄