IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2023 - 600/677 (bonus games - 75/100)

scaryice

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 419/667 (bonus games - 27/100)

Well I came here to post that I had completed Final Fantasy, but it looks like someone else has already beat me to it.  However, I was doing a solo thief with no class-change run as a personal challenge, and it just so happens that a one character challenge of FF has been added to the docket this year, so I guess I can post this after all:

1259238264_FinalFantasySoloThiefFeb11-2023.JPG.77600096893ea42b4d0ea0c7cfa1f3a0.JPG

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

12 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well I came here to post that I had completed Final Fantasy, but it looks like someone else has already beat me to it.  However, I was doing a solo thief with no class-change run as a personal challenge, and it just so happens that a one character challenge of FF has been added to the docket this year, so I guess I can post this after all:

Great job! How many solo characters have you beaten the game with? I remember years ago, a guy on the Gamefaqs message boards was trying to do a solo run for each class (both with the class change and without).

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 426/667 (bonus games - 32/100)
2 hours ago, scaryice said:

Great job! How many solo characters have you beaten the game with? I remember years ago, a guy on the Gamefaqs message boards was trying to do a solo run for each class (both with the class change and without).

I've actually been working on just that since 2019.  This Thief without class change was officially my last of 12 solo runs (6 with class change, six without) so I'm done with soloing Final Fantasy forever.  Most of them were pretty fun, but I knew this last one would be so painful that I put it off for over a year - I had 11 of 12 solo runs done and just couldn't bring myself to go through the horrible grind of playing this one.  But I finally bit the bullet and now I'm free...

10 hours ago, PII said:

Better than Baseball Stars?

Probably can't give a fair answer. I have never played through a full season of Baseball Stars. I know that is what people rave about. Essentially the management aspect that no other nes baseball game has. I have just played a few games here and there on it. 

Gameplay wise, Dusty reigns supreme. On top of that, I love that each player has a unique skill set and you just have to figure out who is good at what. Picking your team and constructing your lineup is a ton of fun in and of itself. And the quirky stuff with Dusty really adds to it in a positive way too. The different fields, each with a unique set of local rules. All that adds to a less mundane baseball game, but not so over the top it doesn't feel like baseball. 

• Like 1