IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2023 - 600/677 (bonus games - 75/100)

scaryice

5 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle and Friends is done. Imagine losing your last life on the last enemy on the last screen only because your confused and can't do anything anymore. At least 7 pain points.

Adventures of Rocky And Bullwinkle And Friends.jpg

That ending screen looks like it was created in MSpaint.

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 207/667 (bonus games - tba)
17 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle and Friends is done. Imagine losing your last life on the last enemy on the last screen only because your confused and can't do anything anymore. At least 7 pain points.

Adventures of Rocky And Bullwinkle And Friends.jpg

At least the music is good.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Pro Sport Hockey is done.

How did you that one so quick? Not saying Im suspicious or anything like that. Wondering if there is a way to change settings to shorten games and kicking myself for not doing that in past years when I beat it. 

25 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

How did you that one so quick? Not saying Im suspicious or anything like that. Wondering if there is a way to change settings to shorten games and kicking myself for not doing that in past years when I beat it. 

We've had this chat before. Yes, you can shorten the games within the menu to 1 period of 2 minutes. I had to take a couple into overtime, and had to replay the final 3-4 times before I got over the hump and beat Detroit for the "Super Cup."

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

We've had this chat before. Yes, you can shorten the games within the menu to 1 period of 2 minutes. I had to take a couple into overtime, and had to replay the final 3-4 times before I got over the hump and beat Detroit for the "Super Cup."

How many games do you have to play through for it?  I played a couple single games over the years and enjoyed it, but I'm curious about the full experience, as it's incredibly hard on my thumbs 😛

29 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

How many games do you have to play through for it?  I played a couple single games over the years and enjoyed it, but I'm curious about the full experience, as it's incredibly hard on my thumbs 😛

Maybe 7? You start playing round-robin in a four-team group (3), then I believe the two best records in your group (and your team better have one of those of course) advance to a 16-team single-elimination tournament (4). It is the most sophisticated hockey game on the NES, although not as charming as Nintendo's Ice Hockey.

1 hour ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Maybe 7? You start playing round-robin in a four-team group (3), then I believe the two best records in your group (and your team better have one of those of course) advance to a 16-team single-elimination tournament (4). It is the most sophisticated hockey game on the NES, although not as charming as Nintendo's Ice Hockey.

That doesn't sound too bad.  I kinda like it, if only because I can play as the Canucks on my console of choice without it being the complete turd that is Wayne Gretzky Hockey 😛