IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2023 - 600/677 (bonus games - 75/100)

scaryice

8 hours ago, PII said:

This should have been on your challenge list !

Surprisingly, it wasn't that tough, Only took two attempts, first one ended right before the last few rooms. Thankfully, you can pause whenever you need to rest your thumbs. I've only played the SNES version a little bit, but it seemed a lot harder...

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 461/667 (bonus games - 32/100)
1 hour ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Monster in My Pocket is done. Only a single 1-pointer left.

The bad news is that you're going to dilute your robust average points per completion playing cupcakes like this! 

The good news is that you just eclipsed @Crabmaster2000's completions total from 2012. In fact, you have just become only the second player in the history of this competition to ever clear 125 games in a single year. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

The bad news is that you're going to dilute your robust average points per completion playing cupcakes like this! 

These past days I bounced off several other games and just wanted to play something that I could finish in a seasonable amount of time and without much stress or frustration.

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 463/667 (bonus games - 32/100)
16 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

My question is are you actually good at this game, or do you abuse the hell out of the infinite continues (like I do) to brute-force your way through the tough parts? 

Of course I just abused it like you. Game is a lot of fun, though. I never hear anyone talk about it.

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 466/667 (bonus games - 32/100)
  • The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 470/667 (bonus games - 32/100)

The Goonies II is done.

I wanted to focus on a few of the semi-long games when I had longer gaming sessions over the weekend. As I get into the next week, I'll hopefully finish a few of the ones that I've been playing that are convenient to play in shorter bursts. I've started Bubble Bobble, Rolling Thunder, Toxic Crusaders, and Wrecking Crew, and could be finishing any of them in the next few days as long as I have a little luck on the tougher stuff towards the end of each game.

Edited by nerdynebraskan

On 2/23/2023 at 12:46 PM, nerdynebraskan said:

The good news is that you just eclipsed @Crabmaster2000's completions total from 2012. In fact, you have just become only the second player in the history of this competition to ever clear 125 games in a single year. 

Way to go! So happy you guys are still crushing NES games in a massive way. 

Dragon Warrior 2 is beaten, in a (slightly) interesting way, I had all my characters at the same exp level throughout the whole game, start to finish. Any time someone died i would either run away or reset the game (had to reset if the remaining members won the battle after the death).

This does involve a little bit of cheating, though it doesn't involve codes so I think it falls in line with our rules here. I used a name to cause RNG seedlock at the beginning so I could go collect the other 2 team members without doing any battles on the protagonist. After that I just played through the game as normal; it was a bit frustrating at times but I know this game like the back of my hand so I got through it pretty quickly anyway. So much grinding...

20230227_224825.jpg

20230227_224703.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2023 - 473/667 (bonus games - 32/100)