IGNORED

Let's play the crazy in-law game

Reed Rothchild

Editorials Team · Posted

My mother-in-law is visiting for the holidays.  Tonight after dinner, my boys went into the family room to work on a 3D puzzle, and asked me to put some music on while they worked.

We made into 30 seconds into the first song (Africa by Toto), and the MIL lost her shit.

During her visit we are to listen to Christmas music and Christmas music only.  Certainly not any rock and/or roll.

Who else can relate? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Here is just what the doctor ordered:

Joe Byrd (along with The Field Hippies) was most famous for making a 1969 album called "The American Metaphysical Circus"  -which was a very very psychedelic album.  (No Christmas music on that one - but there was a Fourth of July song.)

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

Oh my.  Parents in law are up from Florida staying in our guest bedroom, brother in law and his family of 3 are staying in my sons room.  Packed house.   My MIL’s mother died this past week.  Funeral is the day after thanksgiving.  

My other BIL recently faked a stint in rehab for presumably Facebook likes.  Just last night our family fantasy football chat was graced with a drunken message about how rather than read a preselected bible passage at the funeral he’s just going to get up and speak the truth about grandma. 

They are all out of their damn minds.  

BIL who’s staying with us’s wife keyed our car some years ago.  The last time I saw her I got in a fight with her about a poinsettia.  

Tensions are high.  This place is a powder keg.  Send help.

• Wow! 2
  • Haha 3

Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Oh my.  Parents in law are up from Florida staying in our guest bedroom, brother in law and his family of 3 are staying in my sons room.  Packed house.   My MIL’s mother died this past week.  Funeral is the day after thanksgiving.  

My other BIL recently faked a stint in rehab for presumably Facebook likes.  Just last night our family fantasy football chat was graced with a drunken message about how rather than read a preselected bible passage at the funeral he’s just going to get up and speak the truth about grandma. 

BIL who’s staying with us’s wife keyed our car some years ago.  The last time I saw her I got in a fight with her about a poinsettia.  

Stay strong bro!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

My mother-in-law is visiting for the holidays.  Tonight after dinner, my boys went into the family room to work on a 3D puzzle, and asked me to put some music on while they worked.

We made into 30 seconds into the first song (Africa by Toto), and the MIL lost her shit.

During her visit we are to listen to Christmas music and Christmas music only.  Certainly not any rock and/or roll.

Who else can relate? 😂

Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You".  Only that.   On repeat.   Lose the remote.

I guarantee your spite willpower is stronger.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Social Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Time to make a christmas play list @Reed Rothchild

Hide contents

I think I can expand on that list....

Spoiler

No one does twisted songs like The Vandals.  One of my top favorite bands in high school.

Editorials Team · Posted
40 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

@Reed Rothchild bro how dare you forget this ?

In honor of this thread, I forced my mother-in-law who is a classically trained music teacher and opera singer listen to this. 

She would die.  A literal death by aneurysm.

• Haha 1

Thats whats (i guess?) amazing about my MIL , as because shes classically trained, she loves super aggressive thrash and stuff because of the key and timing changes, half time feel, etc. last time we drove together she had me leave on Chelsea Smile 😂😂

Edited by MrWunderful

• 2 weeks later...