IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - BURGER TIME!

BeaIank

5 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm asking for this the next time I go to a restaurant that has Mountain Dew.

Patron:  "Hi, I'd like a heart attack deep fried in bacon grease, a side of chewing tobacco; Oh, and a large devil's nectar to wash it all down, please."

Waiter:  "You wanna speedball with that?"

Patron:  "What kinda proud kook do you think I am !?  Of course I wanna speedball with that !!!

1 hour ago, PII said:

Patron:  "Hi, I'd like a heart attack deep fried in bacon grease, a side of chewing tobacco; Oh, and a large devil's nectar to wash it all down, please."

Waiter:  "You wanna speedball with that?"

Patron:  "What kinda proud kook do you think I am !?  Of course I wanna speedball with that !!!

Narrator: As you may have already guessed, the patron was @docile tapeworm.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

17 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, the NES may be better than all other consoles in history combined and multiplied by a billion, but DAMN this is a shitty port!  The Intellivision version of Burger Time is better than this one... Fucking Intellivision !!!

If you are one single pixel off the stairs, you are not using them, period.

I guess it's safe to say that you will be spending your Sunday watching football.

17 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, the NES may be better than all other consoles in history combined and multiplied by a billion, but DAMN this is a shitty port!  The Intellivision version of Burger Time is better than this one... Fucking Intellivision !!!

If you are one single pixel off the stairs, you are not using them, period.

It's too bad. Just a little more play testing and tweaking, and this could have been the Burger Time port for the ages. Oh well.

What are the best early 80s arcade ports for the NES? I would say Popeye, Kung Fu, Mappy, Galaga and Donkey Kong Jr. Not much to complain about with those. Some "ports" I enjoy but they're practically different games such as Bump n Jump and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.

4 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

It's too bad. Just a little more play testing and tweaking, and this could have been the Burger Time port for the ages. Oh well.

What are the best early 80s arcade ports for the NES? I would say Popeye, Kung Fu, Mappy, Galaga and Donkey Kong Jr. Not much to complain about with those. Some "ports" I enjoy but they're practically different games such as Bump n Jump and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.

Ghosts N Goblins, Joust, Millipede, Super Off Road, Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man, 1943, Gun.Smoke, Paperboy and Spy Hunter are some good ones.

10 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Joust, Goonies(Famicom), Smash TV, Super Sprint, Toobin, Super Off-Road  ..to name a few for which I've played both.

5 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I keep forgetting that it was an arcade game. I'm surprised that you didn't say Double Dragon or Tengen Tetris either.

From what I've played of Tengen Tetris I much prefer the Nintendo version.

I like NES Double Dragon but it's too different from the arcade. The NES version is its own thing.

5 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

From what I've played of Tengen Tetris I much prefer the Nintendo version.

I like NES Double Dragon but it's too different from the arcade. The NES version is its own thing.

I like the Nintendo version of Tetris better too, but I think the NES port of Tengen Tetris is fairly close to the arcade game. On the topic of puzzle games, Klax and Puzznic are solid NES ports of the arcade versions.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I like the Nintendo version of Tetris better too, but I think the NES port of Tengen Tetris is fairly close to the arcade game. On the topic of puzzle games, Klax and Puzznic are solid NES ports of the arcade versions.

Speaking of puzzles, NES Palamedes is better than the arcade. I've played the arcade version on MAME and it doesn't seem to have perfect clear bonuses like the NES version, nor does it have the separation between levels, it just keeps going.

27 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Speaking of puzzles, NES Palamedes is better than the arcade. I've played the arcade version on MAME and it doesn't seem to have perfect clear bonuses like the NES version, nor does it have the separation between levels, it just keeps going.

I even thought of Palamedes, but I guess I forgot to add it to the list.

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

What are the best early 80s arcade ports for the NES?

Too many to count, honestly.  In fact, there are more hits than misses, and the games that are different are usually for the better.  It makes it all the more jarring to play this game and see how they fucked it up so bad.  The graphics are great, but it goes downhill from there...

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I guess it's safe to say that you will be spending your Sunday watching football.

Yeah, I gave up on Burger Time after three games.  If I was in the running for the genre or if it was a tournament game, I'd power through the fustration, but with nothing to play for, I'm done... 😛

53 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, I gave up on Burger Time after three games.  If I was in the running for the genre or if it was a tournament game, I'd power through the fustration, but with nothing to play for, I'm done... 😛

Me trying to find the motivation to play this again after posting a score.

img-2428.gif

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1