IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - BURGER TIME!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

It is time for our FINAL GAME OF the 2022 VGS NES WEEKLY CONTEST!

This week, we have the race for the title, with @PII leading over @Dr. Morbis by 7 points. @Dr. Morbis needs to win and @PIIfinish 4th or worse to take the title!

For this week, we are playing Burger Time! The rules are as follow:

• 1 player only
  • Play until Game Over or until you reach stage 7
  • Take your picture on the Title Screen if you don’t loop the game back to stage 1
  • If you loop the game back to stage 1, you must stop playing and take your picture.  This will prove you have beaten the game. There are 6 stages, so once you get to stage 7 (7 burgers on the left side), you stop.  Anyone who plays any of the game after the first loop will have their score disqualified.
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Arcade

The contest ends Sunday, 11/06/22 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

15 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I've never really put any time into the NES version of this game.

Anyway, reserved for score...

I played the arcade version quite a bit as a kid. The NES version is pretty good. I didn't get anywhere near my 373,800 score from 2015, but I'm good with breaking the 100k mark and calling it a day.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Are you playing this week? I think everyone is on vacation. It's Thursday and I've got the only score posted so far.

Monday: walks past game room, looks in and thinks “sweet burgertime this week”

tuesday: physically enters game room and looks at the shelves. Says to self “yup there is the cart

wednesday: pulls cart from shelf, blows it, inserts into front loader and boots the game up. Only to leave after the title screen. Leaves the crt/nes running until bedtime then shuts it all down.

Thursday: 50% chance of getting an actual run in. Usually ends pretty quickly even uninterrupted.

friday: evening with family.

saturday: yard sales/soccer/family time. Could stay up into the early am to get some runs in but will most likely pass out around 10-11

sunday: football/chores.

😂😂😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Monday: walks past game room, looks in and thinks “sweet burgertime this week”

tuesday: physically enters game room and looks at the shelves. Says to self “yup there is the cart

wednesday: pulls cart from shelf, blows it, inserts into front loader and boots the game up. Only to leave after the title screen. Leaves the crt/nes running until bedtime then shuts it all down.

Thursday: 50% chance of getting an actual run in. Usually ends pretty quickly even uninterrupted.

friday: evening with family.

saturday: yard sales/soccer/family time. Could stay up into the early am to get some runs in but will most likely pass out around 10-11

sunday: football/chores.

😂😂😂

51634440-6d34-40a2-ac4b-137428eee498_tex

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You get to play until game over. You still have 4 lives left. I can only imagine that you rolled the score shortly after posting this.

Nah I think it went into demo mode or something. I just felt like playing a quick NES game since all my stuff is actually unpacked now. I’ll be back as a regular next season!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I picture skinny standing there, gently stroking his chin, deep in thought before slowly turing around and walking out of the room quitely muttering "not today...not today..."

(chin stroking)

"No, ...no; the time is not yet auspicious.."

• Haha 1