IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Top Gun!

BeaIank

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

There's a second really good song called "Danger Zone" or something like that. In fact, most of the soundtrack is good.

l' hafta check it out..

Regarding the landings, I was dreading that the most going into this week because of the AVGN video, but I think I might have crashed maybe three times out of like 50 landings, so it's really not that hard.  And it even tells you right on the screen what to aim for: 200 ft altitude and 288 mph; it's really not difficult at all...

Yeah, exact same here!  Landing the plane is a cakewalk.

Just now, docile tapeworm said:

@Dr. Morbis ya gun smoke is a shooter. Parodius counts too.

not gonna lie it stings to see you win that thing again. I been getting mentally prepared for the loss since you pulled off the stinger win though. I knew it was over then. Good game brother. 

I actually thought I was dead in the water with two games to go because I thought I needed to win them both just to pull out a victory.  Then when I couldn't beat Doug's score yesterday, I thought I was screwed and all your talk was an act and a 150k score was going to come in at the last second.

Anyway, I hope you'll have the time to play the shooters next year, but I understand you've got a young family and whatnot, so I guess we'll see how she goes...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I actually thought I was dead in the water with two games to go because I thought I needed to win them both just to pull out a victory.  Then when I couldn't beat Doug's score yesterday, I thought I was screwed and all your talk was an act and a 150k score was going to come in at the last second.

Anyway, I hope you'll have the time to play the shooters next year, but I understand you've got a young family and whatnot, so I guess we'll see how she goes...

I thought I had you too lol! But you played like a champ for stinger! I also felt a little life when bearcat looked to save my skinny ass! I would like to compete in the shooters again next year but it’s hard to find time. We will see. Congratulations on the two in a row shooter champ! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PII said:

Nice job Morbo - I had a last minute run going that would have topped 100k if I hadn't been shot down on the last mission...

And Nice job @Bearcat-Doug - What a horrible decade it was for you to have that curse.  Impressive score!

I had a pretty good time playing this one this week, when I wasn't cursing those horrid evil selectively sentient missiles.  Gads!  Which is cool cuz I've been wanting to get into some flight sims.  Decent in game graphics, great out game graphics, good sound fx, great music, possibly questionable hit detection from the cannons on occasion.  Love that theme song!

When I was a kid I used to get a lot of crap and weird looks because I'd never seen this movie.  Now I'm tempted to find each and every one of them to give 'em a hard time for not having beaten this game, or even landed the plane...

Still never seen Top Gun, either...

Kinda want to now just for the theme song.

Top Gun is one of my favorite movies. You should definitely check it out. If you like it then you should watch Top Gun: Maverick that came out this year. There are several callbacks to the original that you'll miss if you haven't seen it.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I thought I had you too lol! But you played like a champ for stinger! I also felt a little life when bearcat looked to save my skinny ass! I would like to compete in the shooters again next year but it’s hard to find time. We will see. Congratulations on the two in a row shooter champ! 

I tried to help you out buddy! You still competed like a champ even though you didn't get the title this time.

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned