IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Top Gun!

BeaIank

6 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well, time's up; huge thanks to @PII for saving the 2022 shooter crown from being a tie for all eternity.  Unless my math is wrong, our points would've been the same if I was second and Skinny was third...

Oh, wow; that's true.  Did not even realize.  Feel like I should buy Wormy a bottle of ol' Gran-dad, but once again it's a far chuck..

...Since you both have one Gold medal in the shooter genre this year, wouldn't it go to, most silver medals and then most bronze after that to determine winner?

I noticed that the shooter genre had a different gold medal winner in each fifth this year...

Edited by PII

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well, time's up; huge thanks to @PII for saving the 2022 shooter crown from being a tie for all eternity.  Unless my math is wrong, our points would've been the same if I was second and Skinny was third...

@PII sure knocked skinny out of title contention. Poor skinny...

Just now, PII said:

Oh, wow; that's true.  Did not even realize.  Feel like I should buy Wormy a bottle of ol' Gran-dad, but once again it's a far chuck..

Lol it’s all good i don’t sweat the small stuff in my old age….

fucking mother fucker. I should have won the crown back this year! This is some bull shit! Top gun? That’s not even a shooter. I’m the real champ! I hate this!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Lol it’s all good i don’t sweat the small stuff in my old age….

fucking mother fucker. I should have won the crown back this year! This is some bull shit! Top gun? That’s not even a shooter. I’m the real champ! I hate this!

You're still the #1 Worm.  No one can ever take that from you 🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

HAHAaaa... hey do you count Gun.Smoke as a shooter?  If not, then there's another game for you to complain about.  Plus Parodius is a "Fake-icom" game, as you put it, so you can complain about three of the five games in the tourney this year!  But of the two legit games, we each won one, so it would've been a straight up tie... but it's not because of one big ol' juicy piece of 3.141592...

• Like 1

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

HAHAaaa... hey do you count Gun.Smoke as a shooter?  If not, then there's another game for you to complain about.  Plus Parodius is a "Fake-icom" game, as you put it, so you can complain about three of the five games in the tourney this year!  But of the two legit games, we each won one, so it would've been a straight up tie... but it's not because of one big ol' juicy piece of 3.141592...

I missed the Gun.Smoke contest. I used to be pretty good at it too.

4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm still shocked that I won this week. At least I can finally check "win a shooter contest" off of the old bucket list.

Every time I would try and focus strictly on shooting everything instead of staying alive, I would get a missile in my face.  Even the time I cracked 100k, I still got two missiles in my face and very nearly a third one multiple times...

Nice job Morbo - I had a last minute run going that would have topped 100k if I hadn't been shot down on the last mission...

And Nice job @Bearcat-Doug - What a horrible decade it was for you to have that curse.  Impressive score!

I had a pretty good time playing this one this week, when I wasn't cursing those horrid evil selectively sentient missiles.  Gads!  Which is cool cuz I've been wanting to get into some flight sims.  Decent in game graphics, great out game graphics, good sound fx, great music, possibly questionable hit detection from the cannons on occasion.  Love that theme song!

When I was a kid I used to get a lot of crap and weird looks because I'd never seen this movie.  Now I'm tempted to find each and every one of them to give 'em a hard time for not having beaten this game, or even landed the plane...

Still never seen Top Gun, either...

Kinda want to now just for the theme song.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PII said:

When I was a kid I used to get a lot of crap and weird looks because I'd never seen this movie.  Now I'm tempted to find each and every one of them to give 'em a hard time for not having beaten this game, or even landed the plane...

Still never seen Top Gun, either...

Kinda want to now just for the theme song.

There's a second really good song called "Danger Zone" or something like that. In fact, most of the soundtrack is good.

Regarding the landings, I was dreading that the most going into this week because of the AVGN video, but I think I might have crashed maybe three times out of like 50 landings, so it's really not that hard.  And it even tells you right on the screen what to aim for: 200 ft altitude and 288 mph; it's really not difficult at all...