IGNORED

McDonald's Boo Buckets return!

Gamegearguy

https://www.allrecipes.com/article/mcdonalds-boo-buckets-2022-return/

I want one.

The original was from 1986 and I am certain I had one when I was a kid. I don't know where it went though. Starting Oct. 18 if you order a Happy Meal you'll get one while supplies last. Too bad about that Happy Meal thing, I'd eat one in about 3 seconds. And I don't know why that because millennials don't eat Happy Meals.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Weird thing is I never had the original ones...or even the newer ones...I mean I know I went to McDonald's as a kid sometimes...

I think it was because my dad was a super health nut when I was a kid...he still eats better then me or my mom but he's toned down a little lol. But yeah McDonald's was contraband pretty much. On my birthdays I could get it or other special occasions...or when my mom caved and got me something to eat on the way home from school before we got home...

Anyways...these new ones...eh. I'm not a fan of the lack of lids! They just look...wrong lol. I'll still try my damnest to get them though. I've heard you can't buy the buckets on their own...you HAVE to get the meal. And they're the toy for the meal too. Shame they didn't bring back the McNugget Buddies. Man I love those. I still have some of my originals. I want the full set one day...they're just so...cute!

I was 100% Mandala Effected by this.  My wife told me about the return of these buckets and even though we didn't participate in Halloween when I was a kid, we still had a couple of these. Anyway, I really thought these were from Hardee's, but I can see they're obviously not.  I think I had the pumpkin and my brother had the Witch but man, who didn't want the Boo.  That thing glows in the dark and was the raddist thing since someone spray painted a skateboard neon!

I saw these were coming when canada's mcd's account leaked some image early I think it was, or the ad.  I was surprised as I know I had one in the 80s, never liked the witch the glow ghost was best and the pumpkin was cool too.  What I see now is a stronger handle at the cost of the topper, which is fine, but I hope the ghost still glows.  My kid gets happy meals at least once a week because of her early evening sports stuff, so I hope we can get a few for the 31st.

4 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Pretty cool.  They should bring back the Halloween dress up nuggets too while they’re at it.  I get the kids happy meals now a days and the toys are basically some trash they threw in the box.

Hardcore. I loved those fuggin nuggits as a kid! 

image.png.faf237954e810572c83db82d9f966eda.png

Also, not exactly Halloween, but the McDonald's transformers were incredible too.

image.png.94d4144e18e006f93953452dc0adb779.png

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

My wife is like a fiend for these things right now. She has three of the boos and two of the pumpkins. She hadn’t got the witch. 

she is willing to trade.

Should have said something earlier; I gave my witch one to my niece.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

My wife is like a fiend for these things right now. She has three of the boos and two of the pumpkins. She hadn’t got the witch. 

she is willing to trade.

My kids have four witches and zero boos, so if you're still up for trading, let me know.  Our area got the witch and the pumpkin, but no ghost (boo).

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I know she probably wouldn't bother now, but mine got upset she never got the boo bucket, did get the other two though.  They sold out around here a lot, often, makes you wonder if people bought to sell or whatever.

Did boo this go around glow like in the past?

It doesn’t glow! What gives Ronald?!

• Sad 1