IGNORED

Covers/remakes of songs that completely blow the original main hit away

Estil

On 9/15/2022 at 4:46 PM, G-type said:

I like this version better though; it's more educational and historical...

Suppose this was done for 1998-2003 (if they had started in 2018 some sort of Wonder Years: The Next Generation), what clips would we see?  Perhaps in place of the moon landing the Mars Pathfinder?  Columbine in place of the Kent State Massacre?  Bush/Cheney waving to the crowd at the 2000 RNC?  Obviously 9/11 would have to fit somewhere in there...as for the last scene, instead of the '69 Miracle Mets we could have...hmmm. the '02 Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

AND ANOTHER ONE....

"Funny" backstory to this one.... Something I recall as a child that's somewhat burned into my memory. 

I liked this (I think We're Alone Now) song, and as with others, I would sing them out loud as I ran around and performed random shenanigans as a child. 🤗

This song specifically, I remember something that just hit me like a ton of bricks as I'm listening to this song and copying/pasting it here. 

I SPECIFICALLY REMEMBER running around the playground at my school and singing "I think we're alone now!" and throwing an NES cartridge across the pavement. Literally throwing it like a frisbee and skipping it across the pavement. 🤣😆

I don't recall doing it a TON of times, but for sure a couple. I remember even at the ripe 'ol age of 10 thinking "these things are tough!" so I decided to throw it across the pavement while singing Tiffany...? 

🤷‍♂️

Edited by AirVillain
  • Haha 1

I can't believe I didn't include this one; oh geez, they actually age-restricted this one so you can't see the preview. 😛  Anyway it's a "duet simulation" of Cocaine Blues by Johnny Cash & Hank Williams III 

Edited by Estil

• 11 months later...

As a whole, I really dislike cover bands. I've been stuck hearing mediocre music all afternoon as the restaurant down the street has been hosting some live music. These musicians have some talent, but it gets really tiring to hear the same handful of covers over, and over, and over. In my opinion, the performance would be so much more memorable if these musicians decided to slowly start introducing their own music into the set, and then do originals, working their way up to all original music with the occasional cover.

It's very rare that I see a cover band do it well. Most of the time it just sounds cheap and sucks, or sounds alright but is boring. Throw in a looper machine and oh man, just shoot me.

On 4/20/2024 at 6:49 AM, fcgamer said:

As a whole, I really dislike cover bands. In my opinion, the performance would be so much more memorable if these musicians decided to slowly start introducing their own music into the set, and then do originals, working their way up to all original music with the occasional cover.

i've been listening to Sublime a lot lately and this same thought has been popping up in my head. There's a Sublime tribute band called Badfish that has been putting on shows and touring since 2001. I'm amazed that, 20+ years now, they've never released an original song. 

UPDATE: i googled the band, just to make sure i wasn't missing anything, and apparently they released their first original song back in December! https://thepier.org/badfish-release-first-ever-original-music-with-high-with-you-featuring-little-stranger/ Check it out: 

• Wow! 1