IGNORED

Skateboarding

Gloves

• 9 months later...

I ride a bike and I've fallen a handful of times. It's only caused a serious injury (couldn't walk right for a few weeks - could still ride) once, but I still think I'd rather fall off a skateboard. Running into a wall or car is probably a different story. 

I tried skating briefly about 8-10 years ago. I don't know if it's just a different group of muscles or what, but I found riding on anything but a basketball court (surface like a tennis court) very strenuous. I'm relatively active, I bike everywhere, always take the stairs at work, no problem walking a 20 minute mile... Trying to skate on the street was super tiring on my calf and I could never get any momentum at all 🤨 I wish I could make this a convenient mode of transport for me. And tricks would be awesome!

SKATE OR DIE!

image.png.83cfa274456df7f6a9793f00519cc027.png

Shit, how'd I miss this thread? 

Anyways... I can't skateboard. We had a little banana board when I was a kid and couldn't balance on it well so I "didn't like it". So I always had a bike/rollerblades. Never really got into skateboarding, other than on the NES🤣

But I can 100% relate to getting back into an old activity/sport and feeling "old". It's fucking ROUGH!!!

I go out and play some basketball. Aka Shoot around. And it's not easy to get up and down the court, Jesus. If I had to play an ACTUAL full court game of basketball I think I'd die. It's insane. 

Skating, same thing.

So yeah.... be careful out there. Hope you got some equipment on. We need you around, Glovesy!!!

Edited by AirVillain

• 4 months later...