• Janis Joplin (BBATHC) - "Piece of my Heart"
  3. 3. Choose one

• ABBA - "Dancing Queen"
    • Jimi Hendrix - "Purple Haze"
  4. 4. Choose one

• Blue Oyster Cult - "Don't Fear the Reaper"
    • Elton John - "Tiny Dancer"

19 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

1 hurt to do, as overall JP>Beatles. But my favorite Beatles song is rated higher than a middle of the road(by their standards) JP song. I'm going to vote for the song and not the band here.

I'm not a big JP fan, but I'm also not a huge Beatles fan.  This song by JP is probably the best in my book, but this is also probably a top-3 Beatles song for me, so I had to go with Beatles.

But I've still not voted... I'm stuck on #3.  I get it, I get it... Dancing Queen vs. Jimi Hendrix!!! This should be a no brainer.  Well... I'm old.  Jimi is Jimi.  A legend in his own time.  An amazing guitarist, and Purple Haze is iconic.  But Dancing Queen is more fun.  I'm old and I tend to enjoy "fun" songs more than listen to a classic song because it's a classic.  That is to say, 9 times out of 10, I'm going to be more in the mood to listen to Abba than Jimi.

I hate admitting that.  It's the truth, but I don't want to vote that and have to admit it to myself.

• Haha 1

Dancing Queen vs. Purple Haze had me pause for a while too....  I love them both.  But after all, this is a "classic rock" poll right?  Had to go with Jimi.  Maybe ABBA would win had it been a weaker Hendrix tune, but classic rock doesn't get much more iconic than Purple Haze.

2 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Anyone who votes for Dancing Queen has been brainwashed by @Estil.

I actually kind of like ABBA and I really, really like their last album, Visitors. (Shut up, Estil, the pain of breaking up made for much better music), but Dancing Queen is like my least favorite song of theirs.

AND THE QUEEN THEY SANG IT FOR DIDN'T EVEN DANCE!!

This is another week where I like the bands, but the songs aren't my faves.

3 hours ago, Tulpa said:

I actually kind of like ABBA and I really, really like their last album, Visitors. (Shut up, Estil, the pain of breaking up made for much better music), but Dancing Queen is like my least favorite song of theirs.

AND THE QUEEN THEY SANG IT FOR DIDN'T EVEN DANCE!!

This is another week where I like the bands, but the songs aren't my faves.

What are you talking about?  She is so dancing, right there at 0:41 into the video!

Actually these are my favorites:

I love the cute gestures Frida does on this one 🙂 

And if you want a breakup song, this fits the bill MUCH better:

As for this one, I specially mean the first and last songs...the middle one is okay but doesn't really fit with the other two...talk about addicting! 😄 

And I'm sorry to have to disagree with you, Tulpa, but the Visitors album, just like when New Kids on the Block became NKOTB or worse, when MC Hammer tried to do gangsta rap *shudders* are all like New Coke.  Say do you know country could've had an ABBA equilvant of that genre?  Or maybe they would've if they had kept the same chicks instead of the revolving door they had 😞  

Edited by Estil

12 minutes ago, Estil said:

What are you talking about?  She is so dancing, right there at 0:41 into the video!

That's not Queen Silvia. 😡

13 minutes ago, Estil said:

And I'm sorry to have to disagree with you, Tulpa, but the Visitors album, just like when New Kids on the Block became NKOTB or worse, when MC Hammer tried to do gangsta rap *shudders* are all like New Coke.

New Coke was actually well received in blind taste tests. Moreso than old Coke or Pepsi. People just fell prey to their biases and kept supporting an inferior product. You know, like old ABBA. 😛

PS, New Kids on the Block always sucked, and Hammer had like one or two good songs at most, so no big loss there.

19 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

That's not Queen Silvia. 😡

New Coke was actually well received in blind taste tests. Moreso than old Coke or Pepsi. People just fell prey to their biases and kept supporting an inferior product. You know, like old ABBA. 😛

PS, New Kids on the Block always sucked, and Hammer had like one or two good songs at most, so no big loss there.

Oh he had more than that...

(I love the athlete cameos in these):

Hey this one has James Brown in it! 😄 

And his most famous song:

And from the all time classic TMNT movie!

Edited by Estil

Events Team · Posted
14 hours ago, Estil said:

just like when New Kids on the Block became NKOTB or worse, when MC Hammer tried to do gangsta rap *shudders* are all like New Coke. 

9 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Aside from 2 Legit and Can't Touch This, the rest suck horse nuts.

Aw hell no!  The Funky Headhunter is tight.  And Pumps and a Bump with that dope ass Teddy Riley beat is his best track next to U Can't Touch This.  You gotta pump the bump!

• Love 1