IGNORED

I've decided to sell off all my Zelda games as I feel like I've outgrown them compared to JRPGs

Estil

Pretty much since the beginning of my gaming career in 1990, I've been into Zelda...though for the first half of that decade I only had the first one and could only sometimes rent the second one.  I did soon after get Link to the Past (once I finally got my own SNES for Christmas 1994) and in college (early 2000s) is when I did the N64, GBC, and then Wind Waker Zeldas.  So far I've done all of them except Breath of the Wild...yet why have I still let that one collect dust the past few years?

Well since 2013 I've finally gotten around to doing RPGs as before I had this silly phobia of sorts about turn based combat, but since then I've slowly but steadily getting caught up with them.  Honestly JRPGs completely blow Zelda games away...I remember in HS when one of my classmates showed me a game that he sad was "better than Zelda [Link to the Past]!"  Now I thought he was crazy at the time, but though I didn't fully understand it at the time, I loved the charm and appeal the game he showed me had and the cute chick you get to meet right from the start🥰  That game my HS chum thought so much of...was Chrono Trigger.

But now I totally get what he meant...even if it did take me TWENTY frickin' years!  JRPGs have such complex stories, much better variety of weapons/upgrades/sidequests, and of course with some you even get to have cute kawaii chicks in your party🥰  And I almost forgot, JRPGs on PS3/PS4 let you earn trophies!  Try getting that from any ol' Zelda game! 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that while Zelda has served me well for the first couple of decades or so of my gaming career, I feel like they are quite inadequate compared to much more interesting and much more complex JRPGs (even Jeff Rovin of those How to Win at Nintendo Games said that Final Fantasy is perfect for those who mastered the Zelda games!).  You could even say I've kinda outgrown Zelda games. 😞  So that being said, I am offering them up for sale as you can see in the video I made showing them off...I even got most of the strategy guides included and yes all the GC Zeldas are black label! 🙂  Take a look and let me know if you got any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Edited by Estil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

You should probably think carefully about whether you really want to let go of games that have clearly meant a lot to you over such a long period of time. As long as you're not running out of shelf space, and you don't need the money, there's really no harm in keeping games around even if you don't fancy playing them right now.

You never know when the urge to replay these games might strike you, whether it be a year or 5 or even ten years from now. Of course, it is obviously your choice to do with your games as you wish, but I would urge caution. I have heard stories from PLENTY of people with regrets about games they have sold over the years!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Estil said:

Pretty much since the beginning of my gaming career in 1990, I've been into Zelda...though for the first half of that decade I only had the first one and could only sometimes rent the second one.  I did soon after get Link to the Past (once I finally got my own SNES for Christmas 1994) and in college (early 2000s) is when I did the N64, GBC, and then Wind Waker Zeldas.  So far I've done all of them except Breath of the Wild...yet why have I still let that one collect dust the past few years?

Well since 2013 I've finally gotten around to doing RPGs as before I had this silly phobia of sorts about turn based combat, but since then I've slowly but steadily getting caught up with them.  Honestly JRPGs completely blow Zelda games away...I remember in HS when one of my classmates showed me a game that he sad was "better than Zelda [Link to the Past]!"  Now I thought he was crazy at the time, but though I didn't fully understand it at the time, I loved the charm and appeal the game he showed me had and the cute chick you get to meet right from the start🥰  That game my HS chum thought so much of...was Chrono Trigger.

But now I totally get what he meant...even if it did take me TWENTY frickin' years!  JRPGs have such complex stories, much better variety of weapons/upgrades/sidequests, and of course with some you even get to have cute kawaii chicks in your party🥰  Try getting that from any ol' Zelda game! 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that while Zelda has served me well for the first couple of decades or so of my gaming career, I feel like they are quite inadequate compared to much more interesting and much more complex JRPGs (even Jeff Rovin of those How to Win at Nintendo Games said that Final Fantasy is perfect for those who mastered the Zelda games!).  You could even say I've kinda outgrown Zelda games. 😞  So that being said, I am offering them up for sale as you can see in the video I made showing them off...I even got most of the strategy guides included and yes all the GC Zeldas are black label! 🙂  Take a look and let me know if you got any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

You bastard 😂  Ya got me 

Edited by NZCollector
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Snagged Minnish Cap. Thanks @Estil!  Dont spend it all in one place.

Anytime, I used to love showing my wife that I found/won her heart in these games...so I guess playing Zelda now kinda keeps reminding me that I can't do that anymore... 😞 

• Sad 1

I couldn't agree more, and Zelda is THA WORST!

In fact, I think I'm planning on giving up video games entirely.  Seriously, why should I hang out so much in the digital world, when there's so much LIFE to LIVE!

Your sentiments in that video you posted are spot on, but also for video games in general.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RH said:

I couldn't agree more, and Zelda is THA WORST!

In fact, I think I'm planning on giving up video games entirely.  Seriously, why should I hang out so much in the digital world, when there's so much LIFE to LIVE!

Your sentiments in that video you posted are spot on, but also for video games in general.

Well we all do have only One Life To Live!

• 11 months later...