IGNORED

"I'm just here for the gasoline mate."

Tabonga

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Tabonga said:

I don't follow it closely since I only fill up about every three weeks.  But I have noticed it rising over the last couple of weeks as I drive around. Heh - I remember in high school it was around $.15.

Yeah but high school for you, you could well be referring to a horse and carriage!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4.25 yesterday just around a 1/4mi from here in either direction.  It was 4 a couple days before that.

A little perspective.

When Biden started in January around here the average in town was around 2.35/gal.  A year later it went up to 3.10/gal on average due to the energy policies closing down that crude independence we had, and then we were at 3.30 2 weeks ago, and now it's 4.25.

Rather disgusting when you think about it.  Almost a $2/gal price increase on the whole, but Putin bs aside, it still was up a dollar already but fairly consistent there too to be fair.

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

I don't drive so it's not generally top of mind. Did a quick search online and it's $1.85/L, which is apparently around $0.25 increase over the last week. It's apparently so expensive that people are switching to public transit.

Glad someone here speaks normally. This is around what it is here too.

16 hours ago, Tanooki said:

il_570xN.3269712020_czw9.jpg

Ha! Might be time to retire that 20mi per gallon f150 for a PHEV.  Because you did that.

If the end result of this is less parking lots full over oversized trucks just to get a loaf of bread I'm all for it.

$4.55 here in central Illinois.  Still way less than I paid in Canada and every where else in the western world.

$5 though and the town burns!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

I'm using a decade old civic, if it gets to fumes I put 11gallons in so I mean I was like doing 22-25 a tank, now I'm over 40 and that is infuriating.  Thankfully the old pig edge melted down over a year ago that would be hell, the new outback on that is 50% larger tank than mine but it sips fuel compared thankfully.

Problem is large parts of the US, some specific metro areas aside due to well done buses but usually rail, you don't need a car.  But a lot of places, here too, you do, and it's a bitch an utter life sucking drain because of clown policies and that presintator putin pulling his bs for a 1-2 punch and it sucks.

Social Team · Posted

Higher gas prices means fracking will come back which means a massive oversupply in Natural Gas will happen.  The best part, new interest in electric vehicles and government tax incentives to go with a greener vehicle.  I'm all for electric cars but the price needs to come down so that middle income Americans can afford it.  I'm super excited to see new competition in the all electric vehicle market.  Fight as much as you want, it IS the future of personal private transportation.  Electric charging stations are about to be built like crazy from the Transportation Bill.  Reasons to not get an electric car will continue to drop.  But before anyone get's on my ass I know electric isn't for everyone.  It is for the majority of the public (at least in the near future) which is a good thing. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Higher gas prices means fracking will come back which means a massive oversupply in Natural Gas will happen.  The best part, new interest in electric vehicles and government tax incentives to go with a greener vehicle.  I'm all for electric cars but the price needs to come down so that middle income Americans can afford it.  I'm super excited to see new competition in the all electric vehicle market.  Fight as much as you want, it IS the future of personal private transportation.  Electric charging stations are about to be built like crazy from the Transportation Bill.  Reasons to not get an electric car will continue to drop.  But before anyone get's on my ass I know electric isn't for everyone.  It is for the majority of the public (at least in the near future) which is a good thing. 

Im not a major supporter of electric everything. But I will say if you want to make it more viable even more quickly, there needs to be developed a quick-change battery solution. Just like you can change out your grills propane tank. I should be able to pull up to a Spiffy Lube, they yank the pack out from under the car, slap a charged one up in there and away I go. The fact I cant drive non stop for however long I decide is a problem.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Im not a major supporter of electric everything. But I will say if you want to make it more viable even more quickly, there needs to be developed a quick-change battery solution. Just like you can change out your grills propane tank. I should be able to pull up to a Spiffy Lube, they yank the pack out from under the car, slap a charged one up in there and away I go. The fact I cant drive non stop for however long I decide is a problem.

0% chance. Batteries are extremely heavy, and dangerous. Tesla uses custom forklifts and battery lifts. There are months of classes required to safely disconnect and reconnect, not to mention jiffylube doesnt have the physical space or infrastructure for multiple 1000lb batteries.  Battery storage is heavily regulated due to explosion danger.

The most likely solution is much more charging centers, which I love because it keeps us electricians busy. 

Tesla already has quick charging stations popping up every 25-50 miles off main highways here in norcal.  One is 100% solar powered.