IGNORED

What was the game you thought you were great at and someone owned you on it?

Lago

Moderator · Posted

Mario Kart 64. I was so proud of my records on every course, always looking to find ways to shave off seconds. Then I brought my console to college and I’d come back from class and find one of my roommates had broken. Every. Single. One. And all while he was high as balls.

• Like 2

I used to think I was pretty good at smash. Not the best in the world, but I'd always beat my friends. Then when they put smash online, especially with smash 4, I realized just how not good I am lol. There are so many smash players out there who are light years ahead of me. 

But usually I'm the owner not the ownee. I would say I'm a Tetris 99 master, really good at Yu-Gi-Oh, Mario kart, and Mario strikers charged. I'm very good at most games I play, even board games, but those are the highlights.

• Like 1

I remember stumbling upon Speed Demo Archives very early on and just being absolutely blown away by the top Super Metroid run at the time. I thought I knew that game inside and out but would have never imagined the game could be played in such a way and at such a high level. It completely changed the way I approached and played all games from then on out.

Now a days it's pretty much every game. I think I am OK and jump online and get smacked.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...