IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Zombie Nation

BeaIank

Oh no, I almost beat this game! I was at the final boss and dealt quite a bit of damage, but then I flew into those blue bouncy balls and lost a bunch of health. I managed to inflict some more damage, but a single shot of his then killed me! I was so close! I think I may have underestimated his health points, because in a high score video I saw that guy managed to just kill that boss point blank without the bouncy balls ever reaching him. But it seems like the bosses have more hit points on hard so I miscalculated and messed up my run.

At least I got 494.900 points out of this. Update on page 1. However, I don't think I would have reached those elusive 500k points anyway. Just a little bit was missing. Still, I'm mostly satisfied with the results and maybe I'll beat this next year on the NES challenge, if I can get to it in time.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

1 minute ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Oh no, I almost beat this game! I was at the final boss and dealt quite a bit of damage, but then I flew into those blue bouncy balls and lost a bunch of health. I managed to inflict some more damage, but a single shot of his then killed me! I was so close! I think I may have underestimated his health points, because in a high score video I saw that guy managed to just kill that boss point blank without the bouncy balls ever reaching him. But it seems like the bosses have more hit points on hard so I miscalculated and messed up my run.

At least I got 494.900 points out of this. Update on page 1. However, I don't think I would have reached those elusive 500k points anyway. Just a little bit was missing. Still, I'm mostly satisfied with the results and maybe I'll beat this next year on the NES challenge, if I can get to it in time.

The moral of this story is not to let an alien smack you in the face with his blue balls. 

• Haha 1

Score update to 265k. I think I could have got deep into this if I could have played throughout the week. Beat level 2 boss first try and took no damage. I was pretty pumped. Had never seen level 3 and choked fast in new territory. 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Tablew/chairs said:

This is a run i screwed up earlier this morning i had 383 the guy in the video has 384 so i don't think easy controls allow you to gain much more points(this is before the level three boss with the point raking spot that doug brought up this morning).  I've had a 500k score since friday if you know the game it's not that difficult to do basically I use the head as a battering ram in a few sections. 

IMG_6146.jpg

Oh excellent!  Congrats!  I didn't even see it.  I started using my head as a battering ram as well this morning but I had so much bad luck against Altus it kept annoying me from continuing.  I had a run today that when I got to level 4 I was already at 400k but I shit the bed somewhere, I forgot how.  Also at most I ended the first stage with 68k but I couldn't get it consistent.  

The one thing im happy with is so many people realized how awesome this game is!

PS even though the contest is over, I wanna break 500k just for me to feel good!  I think I might even start playing on easy for better control and see if I can break 520k!

Edited by guitarzombie

Events Team · Posted

Can't write a wrap up this week, but will take time to congrats @bertsampson for taking the win and earning the 2020 Shooter Charm!

Also, a quick shout for all the great scores posted this week : @Tablew/chairs @Gaia Gensouki @guitarzombie (also welcome around!)@Bearcat-Doug @docile tapeworm @Richardhead Well done sirs!

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted

@NESfiend dont wanna hijack the thread, but if you wish, please feel free to join in on game night, not sure what all you like to do but you can find the thread in the gauntlet, if it strikes your fancy, join!  @Nicies too.  anybody is welcome tho.  Just know you have expressed some interest in things to do, i.e. survivor and stuff.  Also, werewolf signup is active!!!!

Anyway, sorry @BeaIank and @guillavoie I won't hijack again!!!!!!  Or will I? 🤔

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
42 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

@NESfiend dont wanna hijack the thread, but if you wish, please feel free to join in on game night, not sure what all you like to do but you can find the thread in the gauntlet, if it strikes your fancy, join!  @Nicies too.  anybody is welcome tho.  Just know you have expressed some interest in things to do, i.e. survivor and stuff.  Also, werewolf signup is active!!!!

Anyway, sorry @BeaIank and @guillavoie I won't hijack again!!!!!!  Or will I? 🤔

Hey kid, get off my lawn!!!

• Sad 1