IGNORED

Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 153/303

Splain

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 79/303
11 minutes ago, Splain said:

Yeah, mostly thanks to you slammin' em out. Did Bassmasters 2000 take a long time?

7 tournament w/3 days per tournament, and I weighed in early most of the days. I don't know for sure, but it was 6-8 hours. 

I've always bagged on the N64 fishing games, but that was actually pretty good. I am now curious how Bass Hunter is. That will probably be on deck in the next couple weeks.

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Nugfish said:

Wrestlemania 2000 was the only wrestling game I was ever able to get into. I applaud you getting those WCW games done!

Never played that one, but I used to play the shit outta the wcw games.  Loved beating the snot outta my buddies, until we all learned the joystick gets you outta pins instantly.  Then it just became marathons until it didn't work anymore 🤣.  Also, tag team does suck, I have tried it like 5 times.......I will explain why when I beat it hehe.

Events Helper · Posted

Ok.  Revenge is done.  now on to world tour.  @OptOut we did it buddy😘.  we r the champions!  ok so I did contouts kuz I couldn't spend 25 mins. a match on the tag.  oof.  but anyways any more evidence or are we good @Splain?  I got all 5 titles and seen the credits 5 times.  so my comment earlier about trying tag team multiple times is becuz for some reason I couldn't get back in the ring fast enough lol.  but it's done.  

15821004122091630576277.jpg

1582100433967359235444.jpg

15821004671561535219928.jpg

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted

Tarzan complete boys

15821201380821579161096.jpg

15821201818081909731743.jpg

Plan on trying to finish buck bumble this weekend and prolly blast corps 🤞hopefully.  Then on to sarges heroes 1 & 2.  Then I got aerofighter assault, might try it, but looks like it could be bad 🤣.  If i get a chance as well i bought duke nukem zero hour.  Just my lineup unless anyone wants to do any.........but i am about 1/3 or more into buck bumble so I would like to try and finish it if i can.  Also, imma try and get a buddy or someone to play gauntlet with me, not as fun by yourself.

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 2

So curiosity is getting the best of me...The N64 gets dumped on pretty heavily which makes me wonder what those who post in this thread enjoy about it? 

I was born in 1990 so there is definitely a nostalgia factor for me because this was the first console I remember getting new. Besides how quickly the thumbsticks loosen up, I really like the controller. I think almost all of the first-party published titles are excellent (including sports titles) and I was never a JRPG person so the lack of those titles never bothered me. People say the graphics haven't aged well which is certainly true in some cases, but it still has a unique charm to it: the N64 Mario is my favorite version of all generations.

Are we all in a similar age bracket? Perhaps that is the prerequisite?

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Nugfish said:

So curiosity is getting the best of me...The N64 gets dumped on pretty heavily which makes me wonder what those who post in this thread enjoy about it? 

I was born in 1990 so there is definitely a nostalgia factor for me because this was the first console I remember getting new. Besides how quickly the thumbsticks loosen up, I really like the controller. I think almost all of the first-party published titles are excellent (including sports titles) and I was never a JRPG person so the lack of those titles never bothered me. People say the graphics haven't aged well which is certainly true in some cases, but it still has a unique charm to it: the N64 Mario is my favorite version of all generations.

Are we all in a similar age bracket? Perhaps that is the prerequisite?

I'm an 88 baby, so pretty close. Nostalgia plays a big part I'm sure, but overall I'd say that n64 was a sweet spot in 3d gaming of function meeting simplicity. Because 3d gaming on console was so new at the time you get a good mix of games either playing it super safe, or really going nuts trying to stand out. 

Overall I think you'll find that sequels on the system stand out quite well. Tony hawk 2, extreme g 2, Majora's Mask especially. They took what made the first games great and honed em. 

I find the N64 fun in a relaxing kinda way. There's not much "hardcore" about the system, and I think that was largely Nintendo trying to lead the fun charge. Mostly quirky games. 

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 83/303
Editorials Team · Posted

Even N64 haters usually concede that the high end of the N64 library (Mario, Zelda, Banjo, Paper Mario etc) is completely off the charts, then everyone disagrees about how quickly it tapers off. There's definitely something endearing about the extremely blocky early-3D polygon graphics, but I don't fault anyone for not liking it. I grew up with it.

Events Helper · Posted

I must be the old man here, I was 13 when it came out.  I loved the multiplayer, which to me is the main staple of the n64.  Going back and playing, it is pretty obvious that was its bread and butter.  I do love a lot of the single player games tho.  I havent played too many tbh, just what small library i had as a kid.  I am not dogging the 64 at all.  I remember countless hours of goldeneye, mario kart, wrasslin, and harvest moon.  All in all, it is a nostalgiac system for me, but I consider the era before it the golden age of gaming because that is the era I really grew up in 🙂.

I was 14 when it came out although I was also a PS1 guy.  I'm proud to say that I was never an N64 hater.  I don't even recall having arguments about PS1 vs N64.  Some of us just had different consoles.  I remember the N64 being the preferred console for multi-player, but for me that wasn't enough to justify it.  The PS1 just had the games I wanted to play.  I also remember not knowing a single person with a Saturn.  I was certainly aware of its existence, but never knew anyone who owned it while it was an active system.  The vast majority of my N64 gaming hours were in college playing Mario Kart 64.  However, this was during the next generation while PS2 and GC were active.  

I'm probably the baby of the thread. I was born in 95, just turned 25. I was 1 when the N64 came out, but I have older siblings and had to rely on handmedowns a lot growing up, so N64, PS1, and the original Game Boy is where my nostalgia lies, morso than the GameCube and PS2 like most people my age. 

I think another major landmark of the N64 is how many franchises either started on, or had significant developments on the console. Mario Kart, Super Mario, Pokemon and Zelda all moved to 3D for the first time... Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Party, Super Smash Bros., Turok, all started on Nintendo 64. That's without mentioning Rare, the plethora of amazing racers and puzzle games, and the sheer value of 4-Player Multiplayer.

I find most of the people who dog on the N64 hard also love both the SNES and PS1, which tells me the reason they don't like it is quite simply because they love JRPGs. Your reliance on a library having that genre will make or break your love for the 64. 

Also, just FYI, I took a break the past couple weeks to work on my YouTube channel and spend time with family (and cheat like a jerk and kill many, many innocent civilians in GTA V). I haven't given up on Pokemon Stadium 2! I'm going back to it starting tomorrow. Hopefully it should be done in less than two weeks, by next weekend.

4 hours ago, KokiriChild said:

I'm probably the baby of the thread. I was born in 95, just turned 25. I was 1 when the N64 came out, but I have older siblings and had to rely on handmedowns a lot growing up, so N64, PS1, and the original Game Boy is where my nostalgia lies, morso than the GameCube and PS2 like most people my age. 

I am the youngest sibling as well so my brother would get the new system in his room and I'd get the old one in my room. Because of that. I had a SNES in my room until my brother got a PS2 so I totally get where your coming from. 

4 hours ago, KokiriChild said:

The wife and I have friends over from time to time and there is always a positive reaction when they see all my Nintendo stuff. We recently invited a couple from church over that were 24/25 (one of which is a self-proclaimed gamer) so I took him down to see my game room.

He passes up my shrine of boxed NES stuff and my complete N64 collection to boxes of OG XBOX stuff in the corner that I don't even have displayed because he had a few of the games on Steam or GOG. 🤔 

When talking about everything I pointed to the NES stuff and he shrugs and says "I dont know about any of that stuff. You have any PS2 games?". I was blown away that he had 0 interest, but at that moment I realized how much of this hobby hinges solely on nostalgia. 

• Like 1