IGNORED

What’s better: Meatball marinara or Cheesesteak?

phart010

What’s better?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What’s better?

• Meatball marinara
    • Cheesesteak

It's not even a question, and the early vote bears me out. Let's see where things go from here.

Who has had a Philly club? When I lived there, there was a place near my job that made these. Cheesesteak with bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo on it. I was skeptical at first, but it was damn good. 

• Wow! 1

I don't think I can give an honest answer as it 100% depends on the mood. IMHO, the Meatball Marinara is easier to get right, but Phillies are hit or miss depending on the cut of meat that was used.  Regardless, when given the option I agree with Fox.  I was skeptical of dipping bread in salty beef-water and making it soggy, but a friend made me try one in college.  Changed my sandwich life forever.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NostalgicMachine said:

It GREATLY depends upon the source of each sandwich.

Let's say we're putting up two good sandwiches, the best you know of each type. 

Sounds like you respect the meatball more. Harder to do right (unlike what RH says). If it's hard to beat, does that mean it wins? Or is the cheesesteak better because it's more reliable?

Edited by Link

2 minutes ago, Link said:

Let's say we're putting up two good sandwiches, the best you know of each type. 

Sounds like you respect the meatball more. Harder to do right. If it's hard to beat, does that mean it wins? Or is the cheesesteak better because it's more reliable?

That's a fair assertion. I'll vote meatball on this one.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, NostalgicMachine said:

It GREATLY depends upon the source of each sandwich.

I love both. Good sauce is very hard to beat on meatball, and I feel that's harder to master than a decent cheese steak is.

Yeah it is, no idea why, it's quite simple to make an amazing marinara sauce...

Gonna go meatball. 

Finally after about 12 years, an American expat decided to start selling meatball subs at the pizza shop fifteen minutes from me. I just wish they were larger in size, lol.

I actually started doing (and perfected) the meatball sub due to craving one and being unable to find one here, aside from Shitway.

About Philly Cheesesteaks, I'm from PA, tried the originals, yeah they're good but nothing beats meatballs. Well actually chicken parmigian sub does, but that's a whole other story.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Watch videos of them squirting water all over the grill while the steak is cooking! 

I think that's oil. And steam from the onions. 

19 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Philly traditionalists look at that and be like mmmmmmmmmmm so good🤮

Well, I agree it doesn't look good. Not nearly enough meat, and it should be incorporated with the cheese. No idea what else is going on in there since it's all covered up, but the bun should be toasted a bit.

Philly cheese steak or GTFO.

And if it doesn't have whiz and onions I can't eat it. 

This is from my favorite place to get steaks: Spot Burger. Overall one of the best places to eat in Philly. Right down the street from the art museum.

Screenshot_20220122-204948.png.43fb1b238eafb86d4def5f2e71c3a10d.png

All the beef is butchered in house. The owner quit his job as a big wig financial executive and started a food truck which turned into a restaurant. Seriously, amazing steaks and burgers. They're constantly getting mentioned in local magazines as an overlooked establishment. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 1