IGNORED

Daniel Radcliffe to Portray Weird Al - Film Trailer

Aguy

https://www.vulture.com/2022/01/daniel-radcliffe-weird-al-yankovic-biopic.html

Roku will be producing the project. Yankovic said in a statement. “And I am absolutely thrilled that Daniel Radcliffe will be portraying me in the film. I have no doubt whatsoever that this is the role future generations will remember him for.”

Edited by Aguy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Daniel Radcliffe to Portray Weird Al - Film Trailer

It would be fun to be able to see the whole life story bit other than spread out interview tidbits in old publications and all that, if it stays true, as it would be a nice short entertaining watch with some shocking bits and good laughs.  And since it's not netflix it won't get canceled and complained about almost immediately either. 😉

• 6 months later...

This is out now on streaming (Roku, USA), saw it last night.  I was a bit confused with Radcliffe portraying Weird Al when the trailer announced, but I think he did a great performance after all.  It's a fun watch.  If I'm right this film was originally a 2-min joke trailer made in 2010 or so, and now it's actually been made into a feature by the same production.  Pretty cool haha.

• Like 1

Just know 99% is made up, and even the other 1% isn't exactly accurate.

41 minutes ago, Splain said:

Is it any good? I understand it's a parody of rockstar biopics but it looks like it's got some shreds of truth in it too. Like Dr. Demento. Is it clear what's true and what's not?

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
On 11/10/2022 at 8:49 PM, Tanooki said:

Can you watch without a roku device?  Like web based or something?  I still enjoy his music and that early era stuff of his story would be fantastic around dr demento and stuff.

Per Wikipedia "On August 8, 2018, The Roku Channel became available on the web as a standalone website.[2] Originally only available in the United States,[3] it launched in the United Kingdom on April 7, 2020, with a different selection of movies and TV shows.[4]"

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/

• 1 year later...

Saw it on disc, very much reminds me of Walk Hard.  The over dramatic acting, all the coincidental events, and of course being 100% accurate, just like all biopics.  Got some chuckles out of me.