IGNORED

Franchises with the Lowest Percentage of Bad Entries

T-Pac

Administrator · Posted
57 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Rift Apart on PS5 is absolutely phenomenal 

Agree - I have been playing this and it is awesome!

I've beaten every single R&C game, including spinoffs like Secret Agent Clank, and I've enjoyed every single one of them.

The absolute worst Super Mario games are maybe SML or NSMB2 which are still pretty good games, so in terms of really big franchises I think that's it for me. Skyward Sword tanks Zelda too much (in addition to a also having a couple just-okay handheld ones).

Metal Gear Solid is a good answer. That way you can cut out Survive and some other spin offs. You can even kind of cheat and include MGS on GBC which is also an awesome game.

I don't think there's a bad Grand Theft Auto game either. Even Chinatown Wars on DS was really great. The only one I didn't finish was GTA5 but only because I'd played the same in the same franchise a dozen times beforehand. It would be hard to say GTA5 isn't at the top of the genre.

Edited by DefaultGen

7 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

The absolute worst Super Mario games are maybe SML or NSMB2 which are still pretty good games, so in terms of really big franchises I think that's it for me. Skyward Sword tanks Zelda too much (in addition to a also having a couple just-okay handheld ones).

Metal Gear Solid is a good answer. That way you can cut out Survive and some other spin offs. You can even kind of cheat and include MGS on GBC which is also an awesome game.

I don't think there's a bad Grand Theft Auto game either. Even Chinatown Wars on DS was really great. The only one I didn't finish was GTA5 but only because I'd played the same in the same franchise a dozen times beforehand. It would be hard to say GTA5 isn't at the top of the genre.

I thought about saying "Kojima Metal Gear" games since all of the "bad" ones did not have his involvement.

I thought about saying GTA as well since I believe even the original games on the PS1 were good.  I've never played the GB version and I can't imagine it's great, but even if that game is bad, the series as a whole is great.  

Another series that came to mind is the Dirt series.  There are 8 games in the series if you don't count the Colin McRae Rally series of games that preceded it (which would add another 5 if you want to count them).  Those have all been solid entries although there are a few I haven't played like Dirt Showdown.  

I also want to include Gran Turismo, but it's difficult to after how disappointing GT Sport was.  

• Like 2

Just now, TDIRunner said:

I also want to include Gran Turismo, but it's difficult to after how disappointing GT Sport was.  

I also thought of Gran Turismo but I was outrageously hyped for GT5, preordered the limited edition, followed all the pre-release stuff, and it just kind of okay. Since there are so many amazing sim racing options I haven't played a GT since 😥