IGNORED

Bob Saget, RIP

LifeGame

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Estil said:

Seriously?  What exactly happened?  I mean this just kinda came out of left field...I mean it's not like he was really old or (apparently?) had major health issues or something. 😞

He was actively on tour and as of yesterday was sharing online about how young it made him feel. Definitely feels left fieldish. 

He was found in his hotel room, and so far they've only said no foul play and no signs of drugs. That's all I've seen reported thus far. 

So Bob posted these last posts on Instagram and Twitter about what, 14 hours or so before his passing?  This is just...remember my wife died at about 64 1/2 years of age and among her leftover belongings was one of those Simon's Cat calendars that has 365 pages the days of that year...with the one on top being June 8, 2021.  It's just...I don't know how to describe the feelings and thoughts of her peeling the June 7th page to reveal June 8...not having any clue that it would be her last day on Earth. 😞 

I mean I can't describe how that kind of thing feels...imagining that they had no idea they'd "check out" the next day 😞   Honestly I'm a bit scared of what it'll be like when it's my time to go (I think I did always feel that way to some extent).  I mean look at Bob, he posted that message apparently just as fit as a fiddle and then next day he just...dies for no apparent reason. 😞 

• Agree 2

ItzDannyTanner was my alternate xbox gamertag for a while, like a proper douche

That said, I liked Bob Saget quite a bit. He kinda did aggressive dark comedy before it was “in” IMO and I liked the contrast.

RIP

But I do wanna see the Tox report. A hotel in florida, on tour? Seems fishy to me.  

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/10/2022 at 11:34 AM, Pendragonx said:

so sad... I always loved him on America's Funniest Home Videos back in the day ..

Yes!  It was indeed just how I remembered it!  The first ever AFHV did indeed show a pool getting ripped open!  No Mandela effect this time! 😄 

• Haha 1

Bob SageT was good friends with Norm Macdonald and had a really touching tribute for Norm right after he died last year.  Listening to Bob talk about Norm, you could really tell they cared for each other. 

Listening to Bill Burr get choked up the other day talking about Bob made me realize how much people loved the guy.  Two of my favorite comics were really tight with him. 

Even Pete Davidson, who I don't really care for, had some really great things to say about Bob Saget.  He will be missed.   RIP

• Like 1

It always struck me as conflicting how he could be the father figure of Americas funniest and Full House and at the same time be a comedian with a particular fondness for filthy jokes littered with vulgar language.

I guess he had to make up for all the time he spent restraining himself during Full House and get it all out of his system 

15 hours ago, phart010 said:

It always struck me as conflicting how he could be the father figure of Americas funniest and Full House and at the same time be a comedian with a particular fondness for filthy jokes littered with vulgar language.

Ah, see you're confusing Bob Saget the person with Danny Tanner the character he played.