IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 189/303

Splain

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Splain said:

Alright well maybe we'll try again next year!

Should we take EU games off the list to bring it down to 296?

Do the Claim Sheet again? It's hard to tell if it accomplished what we wanted it to, which was to avoid doubling efforts. But it may have also prevented people from playing games, that then made it to the end of the year, unplayed. Shrug!

I was sad to not see Aidyn Chronicles beaten this year. 😞

Events Team · Posted

My hand breaking kind of sapped the momentum I had going for Starcraft, I definitely would've beaten it if not for that, that just really hampered my motivation to continue even after I healed up.

I'm hoping we do try again next year, because I'm planning on really dedicating a lot of time to this if we do. I only joined in on this midway through this year anyway, next year I'd be participating from the start which I think would help a lot.

• Like 1

I've been dealing with moving the past few months, so I haven't had much time. I should be able to come out swinging next year though.

I did start Hey You Pikachu but didn't get very far. I figured I would just start it over in 2023 since it didn't look like we were making it this year.

I am really hoping to complete this one of these years!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Splain said:

Alright well maybe we'll try again next year!

Should we take EU games off the list to bring it down to 296?

Do the Claim Sheet again? It's hard to tell if it accomplished what we wanted it to, which was to avoid doubling efforts. But it may have also prevented people from playing games, that then made it to the end of the year, unplayed. Shrug!

This might just be me, but I think the N64 should be changed from a year reset to just trying to beat all the games like the GC list.

The last two years we weren’t even close to finishing it. I just don’t think this site has enough N64 fans yet for a yearly reset.

Just my 2cents.

Also, I personally liked the claim sheet because twice I was going to play a game but it was claimed so I moved to something else.

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Brickman said:

This might just be me, but I think the N64 should be changed from a year reset to just trying to beat all the games like the GC list.

The last two years we weren’t even close to finishing it. I just don’t think this site has enough N64 fans yet for a yearly reset.

Normally I'd agree, but I think with 2023 we've got a lot of momentum going. Both me and Jeevan are committed to beating a bunch of games this year (personally my goal is to beat a minimum of 30 or so, and then keep going from there) and now with @McBryce saying they should be able to come out swinging too, I think we've got a good chance of doing it 2023.

Just like this year, next year my goal is to stick to specifically long, annoying, and difficult games, the types of games nobody else wants to play because they're too... well, long, annoying, and/or difficult. And racing games because apparently I'm the only one who likes those, haha.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Normally I'd agree, but I think with 2023 we've got a lot of momentum going. Both me and Jeevan are committed to beating a bunch of games this year (personally my goal is to beat a minimum of 30 or so, and then keep going from there) and now with @McBryce saying they should be able to come out swinging too, I think we've got a good chance of doing it 2023.

Just like this year, next year my goal is to stick to specifically long, annoying, and difficult games, the types of games nobody else wants to play because they're too... well, long, annoying, and/or difficult. And racing games because apparently I'm the only one who likes those, haha.

Sounds good.

It’s games like ogre quest 64, StarCraft, Aidyn Chronicles, Jet Force Gemini and Space Station Silicone Valley that need to be knocked out early because they’re pretty long games. If we get those down by half year we should be golden 🙂

I personally love the racing games on N64 too, so if I have time I might knock one or two off 🙂

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Sounds good.

It’s games like ogre quest 64, StarCraft, Aidyn Chronicles, Jet Force Gemini and Space Station Silicone Valley that need to be knocked out early because they’re pretty long games. If we get those down by half year we should be golden 🙂

I personally love the racing games on N64 too, so if I have time I might knock one or two off 🙂

i've commited to @ZeldaFreak to work on Starcraft from the gate day 1.  But i plan on trying to beat a minimum of 74 n64 games to keep on track for 25% of the library a year for the rankings list.......Hopefully that can happen......

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
5 hours ago, MagusSmurf said:

I've got Banjo Tooie and Mischief Makers on my Backlog Challenge next year, so those are covered. You'll have to get someone else to beat Quest 64 this time though!

I have started it this year, but will probably put it on hold and restart next year as it is approx. a 12 hour game according to howlongtobeat.........lol

Edit:  I am only like maybe an hour or 2 in on it right now......not really that far.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

i've commited to @ZeldaFreak to work on Starcraft from the gate day 1.

Yeah, I brought up how I was for sure going to beat it 2023, and he said that he was gonna try knocking it out, and I was like "Are... you... SURE. You want to make this commitment, because it is a commitment." haha

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

Yeah, I brought up how I was for sure going to beat it 2023, and he said that he was gonna try knocking it out, and I was like "Are... you... SURE. You want to make this commitment, because it is a commitment." haha

And I said, yes, i have to beat it anyway for the rankings and i have beaten it all on pc before so why not.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

i just wish i could hook a mouse and keyboard up to the n64........ are there mouse and keyboard accessories i can purchase anyone?

There might be solutions to get mouse and keyboard working on emulators, but I dunno about actual hardware, haha. Only real lead I could find on doing something like that on real hardware is: https://hackaday.com/2021/10/01/mouse-and-keyboard-controls-on-the-n64/ but I dunno if that would actually work.

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

There might be solutions to get mouse and keyboard working on emulators, but I dunno about actual hardware, haha. Only real lead I could find on doing something like that on real hardware is: https://hackaday.com/2021/10/01/mouse-and-keyboard-controls-on-the-n64/ but I dunno if that would actually work.

yuck, emulators lol, i will try it with the controller *sigh*

3 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Eeeh I dunno about that, haha. Games like Starcraft were specifically made with a mouse and keyboard in mind.

Yeah 100% agree but I was expecting much worse I guess haha.

There is a keyboard for the N64 but it was only released in Japan and I think it only works for 64DD

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

There's definitely a "tipping point" of sorts when enough of the library has been completed, that makes other people jump on board so that they can be a part of completing it. Or if the library is NOT done enough by a certain point in the year, then nobody thinks it'll end up happening and the enthusiasm vanishes.

Let's just try it all again just like this year and see how we do. We'll do the Claim Sheet again but maybe I'll get more annoying about reminding people, or pulling games off it if they're not getting played.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Splain said:

There's definitely a "tipping point" of sorts when enough of the library has been completed, that makes other people jump on board so that they can be a part of completing it. Or if the library is NOT done enough by a certain point in the year, then nobody thinks it'll end up happening and the enthusiasm vanishes.

Let's just try it all again just like this year and see how we do. We'll do the Claim Sheet again but maybe I'll get more annoying about reminding people, or pulling games off it if they're not getting played.

Definitely agree with this. I lost motivation when it seemed like we wouldn’t make it. I blame ZF for injuring his hand 😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1