IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 189/303

Splain

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

aidyn chronicles?  @Splain is working on that i think.

Yes. I'm doing some other quicker games first, but it's on my 2022 backlog so I'm planning to get to it later in the year. I've actually started work on my portable N64, so I'm going to be able to play a lot more games on original carts when it's done.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 144/303
Events Team · Posted

Went ahead and started up Starcraft. Took me awhile to get used to the way an RTS works, having never really played one before, but after fidgeting around with the control scheme, I think I'm getting the hang of it. I think I should be able to beat this as long as it doesn't get absurdly difficult, it'll just be a bit of a slog.

Mega Man 64 completed.

Legends on the PlayStation is the recommended way to play this, but it's okay on the N64 outside of the very muffled voices during cutscenes.  Anyway, great game.  The graphics and pretty much everything else outside of the controls/combat ( I don't mind tank controls though tbh ) have held up incredibly well.  Dialogue for the NPCs gets updated after every event in the game.  Hopefully, Legends 1-2 get an HD rerelease at some point.

megaman64.png

• Like 8

Events Helper · Posted
10 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

89d6e67f4a11aed0d5fc939e09a6207b.png

Episode 1 of 6 completed.

All I have to say is

ugh

Gratz, u made it 1/6 of the way through the game 😆.  don't forget to share the cheat code u get at the end, or at least I thought that was a requirement at one point.....

How do u like the general rts out of curiosity......

Events Team · Posted
33 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Gratz, u made it 1/6 of the way through the game 😆.  don't forget to share the cheat code u get at the end, or at least I thought that was a requirement at one point.....

How do u like the general rts out of curiosity......

According to the OP you just need to beat all the campaigns, but if you do get a cheat code at the end of the game I'll share it. I didn't get one for completing the episode.

I'd like it a whole lot more if I could use an actual mouse. So far not really the biggest fan, especially when it decides to introduce new units or mechanics without bothering to explain how they work to me, so I just have to dick around until I figure it out. If I had to describe my experience in one word, it would be tedious. 90% of most missions is just waiting around doing nothing, waiting for upgrades and units to be built and defending against occasional minor attacks, and then I spend the last, like, 15 minutes of the usually 2+ hour long mission actually trying to accomplish my objective once I'm beefy enough and have a big enough army to not get my ass absolutely demolished by the enemies. And sometimes it still happens anyway even though I play very conservatively and try not to overplay my hand, and I have to build all my units back up.

Thank God for the battlecruisers honestly, I heavily relied on about half a dozen of them in the last couple missions. I just hope the other chapters have battlecruiser equivalents, otherwise I'm in for an even worse time than I'm already having.

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

According to the OP you just need to beat all the campaigns, but if you do get a cheat code at the end of the game I'll share it. I didn't get one for completing the episode.

I'd like it a whole lot more if I could use an actual mouse. So far not really the biggest fan, especially when it decides to introduce new units or mechanics without bothering to explain how they work to me, so I just have to dick around until I figure it out. If I had to describe my experience in one word, it would be tedious. 90% of most missions is just waiting around doing nothing, waiting for upgrades and units to be built and defending against occasional minor attacks, and then I spend the last, like, 15 minutes of the usually 2+ hour long mission actually trying to accomplish my objective once I'm beefy enough and have a big enough army to not get my ass absolutely demolished by the enemies. And sometimes it still happens anyway even though I play very conservatively and try not to overplay my hand, and I have to build all my units back up.

Thank God for the battlecruisers honestly, I heavily relied on about half a dozen of them in the last couple missions. I just hope the other chapters have battlecruiser equivalents, otherwise I'm in for an even worse time than I'm already having.

zergling rush lol

• Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

zergling rush lol

I thought that was bad, I had no idea what I was in for with the later missions. By that point I barely knew what the hell I was doing and I still got through the missions relatively easy, now I feel like I have a fairly reasonable grasp on what I'm doing and I'm getting my ass kicked.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Not sure what i will do tomorrow.  I tinkered with some baseball game ideas, but not sure i wanna travel down that path.  Thought about some nba games as well and then the old rampage games.  I'll think it over and figure out what i wanna try and play.

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

Battle for naboo is done

6CLKbnj.jpg

Ill give @Brickman a bit longer before i knock off rogue squadron.  Are you stuck on this or what brickman?  Seriously wanting to know because i can give ya some pointers if need be......

Time factor unfortunately 😞 this weekend is a long weekend so if I don’t make solid progress I’ll hand it over to you to knock off 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 1:41 AM, ZeldaFreak said:

I thought that was bad, I had no idea what I was in for with the later missions. By that point I barely knew what the hell I was doing and I still got through the missions relatively easy, now I feel like I have a fairly reasonable grasp on what I'm doing and I'm getting my ass kicked.

I highly recommend watching a few YouTube videos on the missions to see how they do it.

You really need to rush the enemy from the start otherwise you get stuck in a 2 hour mission.

A lot of chapter 1 missions can be done in 15-30mins even on the 64. If this is your first RTS it can be a bit to get your head around and is obviously way harder without a mouse and keyboard.

Events Helper · Posted
8 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Time factor unfortunately 😞 this weekend is a long weekend so if I don’t make solid progress I’ll hand it over to you to knock off 🙂

roger, i await your orders!  I will complete on wed/thurs next week if u don't.  In fact, if u wanna focus on f zero i can knock it off and you can just finish that racing game!

Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

In my experience any time I did that I would just get my ass kicked.

Any tips for the Zerg missions? Doing the first one right now.

zergling rush.......