IGNORED

Crime & Punishment -- USA Edition

23 hours ago, PII said:

I'm not claiming the whole story is bunk but the picture of that guy is pasted in over the background.  The image of him is flat and clearly not a 3 dimensional person who is physically present in the room.  Look at the edges of the person, particularly along the shirt.  His image is too sharply delineated from the background.  Once you know what it looks like it will always jump right out at you.  Furthermore that room is gloriously well lit.  With very nearly nothing like a shadow to be found there is light shining down over almost every visible inch including a massive glare on the table and yet, the guy is poorly lit by comparison.  Conclusion: He isn't actually in that room (If it didn't have that guy pasted in it would look like a very professional shot for a real estate magazine or something.)  If I had to take an educated guess, I'd say that whoever produced the photo wanted people to see this guy in a really nice looking home with an absolutely KILLER view.  Was that part of the remodel too?  Kinda makes the original publisher a lier doesn't it?

Actually none of the story is "bunk" it's all correct. Here's a local paper espousing the same thing --

Colorado pastor facing fraud charges after targeting congregation in alleged $3.2 million cryptocurrency scheme

https://denvergazette.com/news/crime/colorado-pastor-facing-fraud-charges-after-targeting-congregation-in-alleged-3-2-million-cryptocurrency-scheme/article_23a8f4d4-b899-11ee-8b9c-f353f03609f1.html

As for the picture you're referring too, I imagine it's from some online meeting (service perhaps) that he was running. It's easy to add fake backgrounds to online meetings and the result makes any still image look photoshopped similar to the picture in the original article I linked.

49 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Actually none of the story is "bunk" it's all correct. Here's a local paper espousing the same thing --

Colorado pastor facing fraud charges after targeting congregation in alleged $3.2 million cryptocurrency scheme

https://denvergazette.com/news/crime/colorado-pastor-facing-fraud-charges-after-targeting-congregation-in-alleged-3-2-million-cryptocurrency-scheme/article_23a8f4d4-b899-11ee-8b9c-f353f03609f1.html

As for the picture you're referring too, I imagine it's from some online meeting (service perhaps) that he was running. It's easy to add fake backgrounds to online meetings and the result makes any still image look photoshopped similar to the picture in the original article I linked.

I never said it was bunk, lol.

If you're suggesting that he may have photoshopped his own image over a background (or added a fake background behind his own image, [what's the difference, really?]) for his own ends, his own benefit, that would mean that the original publisher somehow got ahold of it and decided to use it even though it's not accurate.  And my final point would still stand.  And why would he select an image of himself looking like he just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, so to speak?

Screenshot-from-2024-02-15-12-34-39.png

Most of the suspects were initially charged and released in the Times Square attack. The police union said Wednesday's developments prove that bail reform laws are failing to hold them accountable. The Manhattan district attorney called the attack "despicable." 

Well, I'm sure the people of NYC can rest easy now that the DA called the attack "despicable". Yup, those suspects they keep releasing to the streets thanks to bail reform are truly doing people a service -- and by people, I mean the criminals. Hell, even Mayor Adams, who is what most would call "woke" is tired and wants changes to NY's bail.

Irate woman tossed out of NYC pet store for kicking puppy kennel ‘slaps the s–t out’ of tourist: ‘Welcome to New York’

https://nypost.com/2024/02/20/us-news/nyc-woman-slaps-tourist-after-kicking-puppy-kennel-in-pet-store-video/

A deranged woman ferociously slapped a tourist inside a New York City pet store over the weekend after she was told to leave for kicking puppy kennels, according to shocking footage and cops.

Video captured by store manager Emilio Ortiz shows the disputative woman walking toward the exit before briefly turning to the tourist and smacking her on the side of the face. She then appeared to spit in the direction of the victim, the video shows. 

“As she’s walking out, she slaps the s–t out of this lady,” Ortiz told The Post Tuesday. “Like, she slaps her really freaking hard.”

“Her friend was there, too, and her friend called her husband, who’s a cop in Texas, and I was kind of like tongue-in-cheek saying to her even if they arrest this lady, they’re probably going to let her go tomorrow. This is the way New York has been operating right now,” Ortiz said in reference to the Empire State’s lax bail laws. “And they were kind of like, ‘Oh hell no. In Texas we don’t let people get away with that.’ And I was like, ‘Well, welcome to New York.’”

I used to love to visit NYC -- always felt safe. Lots of police, low crime. Now, I'd rather not risk it. In fact, I feel like somehow I would end up being arrested for defending myself -- that happens far too often, and hey, it's NYC. As the store manager noted "welcome to NYC where you're in and out of jail in 24 hours or less, or your money back" 🤨

NJ Cop Slams His Own Police Chief Onto Car Hood After He Showed Up 'Drunk' at a Crash Scene

The chief and sergeant ended up on the hood of a patrol car during the altercation, with someone heard saying, "You grabbed me." Sgt. Major is also heard on video saying, "He's drunk again ... Chief, get out of here or you are going to get locked up." The chief then is heard telling Sgt. Major he's relieving him of his duties, saying, "You're suspended." Sgt. Major was later allowed to resume his full job responsibilities. After the Monmouth County Prosecutor Office's investigation, Guida was placed on paid administrative leave. His position as chief pays a salary of $202,500, according to state pension records.

• 3 weeks later...

Suspect in NYC subway attack that left woman's feet severed was arrested in violent 2017 home invasion

https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-nyc-subway-attack-left-womans-feet-severed/story?id=107978186

So apparently this Christian Valdez, the man who tried to kill a woman on the subway was arrested in 2017 for --

Valdez is the same man who was arrested in September 2017 for breaking into an apartment in the city's Bronx borough, stabbing a woman who lived there and attempting to throw her 3-year-old daughter off a fire escape, police confirmed to ABC News.

Normal Person: How can someone who threatened to murder an innocent 3-year old be on the streets?!

NYC: he'll get better, yeah, that's it.

Valdez was convicted in 2020 of second-degree attempted assault stemming from the Bronx attack and sentenced to eight years in prison, according to court records reviewed by ABC News. Valdez was released from the Sing Sing Correctional Facility in Ossining, New York, on Jan. 9, 2023, according to records. He was on parole at the time of Saturday's attack.

The police everywhere love to say "murders are down" but no one is feeling safer, and how could you, when there's a revolving door for violent offenders --

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/04/nyregion/new-york-crime-bernhard-goetz.html

Seventy percent of those living in New York City indicated that they were concerned about becoming the victim of a crime, and 17 percent said they had bought a firearm for self-defense during the past 12 months

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Tabonga said:

That's Cali for you!

The police department noted:

Why the covered faces?
On January 1st, a new law went into effect that restricts the how and when law enforcement agencies in California share suspect photos & mugshots. The new law, Assembly Bill 994 & Penal Code 13665, now prohibits law enforcement from sharing suspect photos for nonviolent crimes, unless specified circumstances exist. Additionally, the new law requires agencies to remove suspect mugshots from social media after 14 days, unless special circumstances exist.
The Murrieta Police Department prides itself in its transparency with the community, but also honors everyone's rights & protections as afforded by law; even suspects. In order to share what is happening in Murrieta, we chose to cover the faces of suspects to protect their identity while still aligning with the new law.

Kudos to the MPD for doing what they can while adhering to California's protect the criminals laws.

This is just pathetic.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13250905/Woman-jaw-wired-shut-stranger-punches.html

This walking piece of feces gets off with a misdemeanor despite the severe harm that was done.  Not to mention his lengthy history of this stuff.  Who the fuck decided to cut him loose and do you think it just might happen again?

• Angry 1

18 hours ago, Tabonga said:

This is just pathetic.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13250905/Woman-jaw-wired-shut-stranger-punches.html

This walking piece of feces gets off with a misdemeanor despite the severe harm that was done.  Not to mention his lengthy history of this stuff.  Who the fuck decided to cut him loose and do you think it just might happen again?

Effin NYC, what do you expect? I've said this numerous times, years and years ago, NYC was a safe place. You felt if anyone tried anything violent police would not tolerate it. Now, thanks to some people (politicians) the police are neutered and people are fending for themselves. At this rate, you gotta wonder when people are just going to say "enough is enough" and start shooting/killing violent criminals that just get released over and over and over...

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Effin NYC, what do you expect? I've said this numerous times, years and years ago, NYC was a safe place. You felt if anyone tried anything violent police would not tolerate it. Now, thanks to some people (politicians) the police are neutered and people are fending for themselves. At this rate, you gotta wonder when people are just going to say "enough is enough" and start shooting/killing violent criminals that just get released over and over and over...

Then there was this duplicitous bit of hand wringing legerdemain on the part of this group of  NYC councilwomen.  Amanda Farias has also objected to the citizenry defending themselves/others and then has the effrontery to ask where the men are (likely afraid of being arrested for helping),

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nyc-council-women-caucus-called-012128645.html

Edited by Tabonga

• 2 weeks later...

Indian Americans condemn Riddhi Patel as ‘Hinduphobe’ post violent Bakersfield City Council threats

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/us-news/indian-americans-condemn-riddhi-patel-as-hinduphobe-post-violent-bakersfield-city-council-threats-101713015517185.html

Numberless Indian Americans and other internet users banded together to denounce anti-Israel protestor Riddhi Patel after her brutal threats to “murder” Bakersfield City Council officials. The City Council gathering was slated for Wednesday, April 10, when the American woman of Indian origin twisted her anti-Israel rhetoric into a controversially violent warning for the council members and Mayor Karen Goh.

Batshite crazy.

Most of us think we're decently "reasonable", and "non-violent" -- and then there's Riddhi Patel who, and you can find a video of her saying all this, she hoped "oppressed minorities" would guillotine city government members, declaring that even Jesus Christ would kill them, and threatening to go to their houses and murder them.

“You guys want to criminalize us with metal detectors,” Patel said. “We’ll see you at your house, we’ll murder you.”

“I remind you that these holidays that we practice, that other people in the global south practice, believe in violent revolution against their oppressors, and I hope one day somebody brings a guillotine and kills all of you (expletive).”

Yup, she's now in jail on $2 million bail. What a waste of space this excrement of a human .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

Another example of why catch and release works so well!

https://news.yahoo.com/stranger-punches-girl-nyc-grand-201700427.html

Wow...

“It doesn’t make any sense that this guy — who recently was released after being charged with randomly punching someone else and breaking that victim’s nose — should be back in a public space where he can attack others, especially children,” MTA communications director Tim Minton said. “The people responsible for the criminal justice system need to learn from this episode before more innocent people become victims.”

Well, it's NYC what can you expect with judges like Laurie Peterson --

https://nypost.com/2020/06/14/springing-a-cop-attacking-looter-one-judges-new-low/

Peterson last week freed Kevin Bullock without bail, though prosecutors cited solid evidence, including surveillance video, against him.

Oh, that's from 2020!! I can only imagine during her tenure how many criminals have been handed a congratulatory note and get-out-of-jail free cards. Sad.

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Wow...

“It doesn’t make any sense that this guy — who recently was released after being charged with randomly punching someone else and breaking that victim’s nose — should be back in a public space where he can attack others, especially children,” MTA communications director Tim Minton said. “The people responsible for the criminal justice system need to learn from this episode before more innocent people become victims.”

Well, it's NYC what can you expect with judges like Laurie Peterson --

https://nypost.com/2020/06/14/springing-a-cop-attacking-looter-one-judges-new-low/

Peterson last week freed Kevin Bullock without bail, though prosecutors cited solid evidence, including surveillance video, against him.

Oh, that's from 2020!! I can only imagine during her tenure how many criminals have been handed a congratulatory note and get-out-of-jail free cards. Sad.

According to other reports this POS has 2 bench warrants out - for guess what? - ASSAULT.

po