Jump to content
IGNORED

Gabbo from pixel game squad found a bunch of sealed nes games


Recommended Posts

Those would have been opened so damn quick.  Fuck gloves and that bullshit.  I literally would've taken that knife and opened the shit out of them.  Most of them are still needed for the sealed list...maybe all of them (I honestly haven't even looked in ages) 😛

  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Super Mario Bros. 3 = $25,000

Final Fantasy = $15,000

Tetris = $5000

Balloon Fight = $5000

It goes down from there assuming these grade 9.4 or more.

Balloon Fight would go a lot higher personally.  

Edited by jonebone
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Balloon Fight would go a lot higher personally.  

Balloon Fight has a split seam, so price-wise I would assume it's a bit of a wild card.  $5k might be right in the ballpark...though I don't know much about current rates aside from them being absolutely retarded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Balloon Fight has a split seam, so price-wise I would assume it's a bit of a wild card.  $5k might be right in the ballpark...though I don't know much about current rates aside from them being absolutely retarded.

Oh okay, I didn't watch the video and sealed games are obviously 100% condition dependent.  I was just assuming it was nice shape and a non hangtab based on the Rev.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s certainly a juicy find, and good luck to him!

I do have some doubts on why anyone would sell their sealed games to a “small shop in the middle of the desert”, as was stated in the video. It’ll be interesting to see if the story can be confirmed by the shop owners. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
7 hours ago, GPX said:

It’s certainly a juicy find, and good luck to him!

I do have some doubts on why anyone would sell their sealed games to a “small shop in the middle of the desert”, as was stated in the video. It’ll be interesting to see if the story can be confirmed by the shop owners. 

How do people find this stuff, especially when they are "famous".  We all know their general techniques and when given a chance, I think we all hunt old shops, dig through bins in thrift shops when we pass through middle-of-no-where towns, and do all the other typical approaches.  This is insane.

But, I do think this can be legit.  I know when I was in college (1999-2003) there was a mom-and-pop $.50 store.  Yes, fifty cents.  Everything was $.50 too, no tax applied, and the inventory was random.  It was obvious that it was new old stock they found somewhere.  Anyway, that had a box of stickers from the early-mid 80s of kids cartoons.  I picked out all of the OG TMNT ones.  So yeah, those items were going on 15-20 years old at that time, and they even had older, non-collectible new old stock of junk.

TL;DR A find like this isn't impossible.  I've been in places where it could happen, though I've never seen something this amazing myself.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Those would have been opened so damn quick.  Fuck gloves and that bullshit.  I literally would've taken that knife and opened the shit out of them.  Most of them are still needed for the sealed list...maybe all of them (I honestly haven't even looked in ages) 😛

Fuck yeah (yup being that way on purpose here.)

I'd take a page out of your book and want to relive some memories.  I'd crack open every one of those *ON CAMERA* no less HD resolution and throw it up on youtube. Video and game after video and game.  I'd enjoy soaking in all the people losing their shit how much money was thrown into the shredder taking swings at my so called selfishness, epic stupidity, lack of making a payoff of a house, wanting to find and end me, etc.... the usual entitlement stuff.

I'd enjoy that almost as much as being able to relive tearing the wrap off, getting a nice new game buzz hit off the smell of unsealed paper product while slowly going through and reading every damned scrap of manual, map, poster within and then unsleeving that baggy off the game and getting down to business like it's the 1980s again.

The only use for those gloves, to cover the crime scene involved in acting like THAT on camera...they're games dude, not a forensics kit.  Just seeing the price list up there, don't fucking care...that's Super Mario Bros 3, FInal Fantasy I, Tetris and Balloon Fight  🤤 oh yeah, fun times.  So much variety I could lose months or more in that box easy being a kid again on that.

 

 

EDIT: Didn't want to give the clown a view, but opened it off my youtube acct, wow... Klax, Ms Pacman I'd have been blown away on those too, and Mechanized Attack I never owned, that would have been a full on first time NES experience to never have again.  Makes my original post even more impactful to myself at least.  I will say if that's now blowing smoke, at least HE perhaps went back and gave them a solid financial contribution if that's true.  I can't think of much others of these video posters who would do that.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

On 11/18/2021 at 10:33 PM, Code Monkey said:

Super Mario Bros. 3 = $25,000

Final Fantasy = $15,000

Tetris = $5000

Balloon Fight = $5000

It goes down from there assuming these grade 9.4 or more.

 

wow those are high prices

 the h seams on balloon fight and mario 3 i cant see very well

Edited by CIBWholesale
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Fuck yeah (yup being that way on purpose here.)

I'd take a page out of your book and want to relive some memories.  I'd crack open every one of those *ON CAMERA* no less HD resolution and throw it up on youtube. Video and game after video and game.  I'd enjoy soaking in all the people losing their shit how much money was thrown into the shredder taking swings at my so called selfishness, epic stupidity, lack of making a payoff of a house, wanting to find and end me, etc.... the usual entitlement stuff.

I'd enjoy that almost as much as being able to relive tearing the wrap off, getting a nice new game buzz hit off the smell of unsealed paper product while slowly going through and reading every damned scrap of manual, map, poster within and then unsleeving that baggy off the game and getting down to business like it's the 1980s again.

The only use for those gloves, to cover the crime scene involved in acting like THAT on camera...they're games dude, not a forensics kit.  Just seeing the price list up there, don't fucking care...that's Super Mario Bros 3, FInal Fantasy I, Tetris and Balloon Fight  🤤 oh yeah, fun times.  So much variety I could lose months or more in that box easy being a kid again on that.

 

 

EDIT: Didn't want to give the clown a view, but opened it off my youtube acct, wow... Klax, Ms Pacman I'd have been blown away on those too, and Mechanized Attack I never owned, that would have been a full on first time NES experience to never have again.  Makes my original post even more impactful to myself at least.  I will say if that's now blowing smoke, at least HE perhaps went back and gave them a solid financial contribution if that's true.  I can't think of much others of these video posters who would do that.

Another way to have "fun" with the crowd is to start a kickstarter lerting them know this is your plan. Set a $1,000 goalnand if met, you won't open the Pictonaries. Add stretch goals for every other game.

That's right, you wqnt to have youe fun but you can be bought out of your personal insanity if that's what the public really wants.

(And for those that don't get it, this is 100% a joke.)

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RH said:

Another way to have "fun" with the crowd is to start a kickstarter lerting them know this is your plan. Set a $1,000 goalnand if met, you won't open the Pictonaries. Add stretch goals for every other game.

That's right, you wqnt to have youe fun but you can be bought out of your personal insanity if that's what the public really wants.

(And for those that don't get it, this is 100% a joke.)

Ok I'm a fan of this depraved kind of logic, love it.

How much do you think I could milk out of a Pokemon Red Version that's sealed. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
2 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Ok I'm a fan of this depraved kind of logic, love it.

How much do you think I could milk out of a Pokemon Red Version that's sealed. 😄

Untested waters, my friend. I'd say start at $1,000 and take future endeavours from there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RH said:

Another way to have "fun" with the crowd is to start a kickstarter lerting them know this is your plan. Set a $1,000 goalnand if met, you won't open the Pictonaries. Add stretch goals for every other game.

That's right, you wqnt to have youe fun but you can be bought out of your personal insanity if that's what the public really wants.

(And for those that don't get it, this is 100% a joke.)

Hah tempting, it actually kind of is.  Kickstarter to crack open a brand new Pokemon game to 'document the contents'

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2021 at 3:58 AM, RH said:

How do people find this stuff, especially when they are "famous".  We all know their general techniques and when given a chance, I think we all hunt old shops, dig through bins in thrift shops when we pass through middle-of-no-where towns, and do all the other typical approaches.  This is insane.

But, I do think this can be legit.  I know when I was in college (1999-2003) there was a mom-and-pop $.50 store.  Yes, fifty cents.  Everything was $.50 too, no tax applied, and the inventory was random.  It was obvious that it was new old stock they found somewhere.  Anyway, that had a box of stickers from the early-mid 80s of kids cartoons.  I picked out all of the OG TMNT ones.  So yeah, those items were going on 15-20 years old at that time, and they even had older, non-collectible new old stock of junk.

TL;DR A find like this isn't impossible.  I've been in places where it could happen, though I've never seen something this amazing myself.

I’m not saying it’s impossible, more inclined to think that it’s an extremely unlikely occurrence where just about everyone now knows old sealed games are exploding in price. A purchase in the setting that was described is rather unusual to say the least.

Anyway, I like to think laterally sometimes. Either way, it’s no doubt a really good find that any collectors would dream to have in 2021 and beyond!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2021 at 2:39 AM, the_wizard_666 said:

Those would have been opened so damn quick.  Fuck gloves and that bullshit.  I literally would've taken that knife and opened the shit out of them.  Most of them are still needed for the sealed list...maybe all of them (I honestly haven't even looked in ages) 😛

Final Fantasy, SMB 3, Balloon Fight, Ms. Pac-Man (Tengen), and Tetris are all needed. I would totally open those to if I got a great deal on them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, austin532 said:

Final Fantasy, SMB 3, Balloon Fight, Ms. Pac-Man (Tengen), and Tetris are all needed. I would totally open those to if I got a great deal on them.

I would open them even if I paid the asking price they'll command.  Of course, I can't afford the asking price, but I've set that precedent in the past 😛

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...