IGNORED

General Sealed & Graded Discussion

Gloves

1 minute ago, Dumars2001 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing non-USA released games also start going up in price. I am sure that they have went up already, but nothing compared to the NTSC boom, but I can see collectors going after a lot of the Japanese versions of Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc. It will be interesting to watch that market. Congrats on your awesome PAL N64 collection!

Thanks dude! I recently just bought the last game to complete my Japanese boxed N64 fullset too! 😄

Once the last game comes in from Japan, I'll do a big post here on VGS to celebrate! 🥳

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

21 hours ago, Dumars2001 said:

I feel your pain! It really seems like everything is going up in price. Just try to collect what makes you happy and what you can afford:). That is my approach these days. It is just unreal what has happened to just about every hobby.

Get ready for "The Show, aka Heritage Auction's Signature" to begin in a few hours!

Thanks. And officially speaking, I'll begin to be happy when I have a place to display the stuff I am currently collecting. Which is why I have been trying to kickstart the idea of me starting a small business in Japan since 2013. Which I am hoping to try again at the start of 2022, starting with me getting a business name copyrighted. Plus, I spent the last decade not budgeting because I thought things would play out it I did that. 😅

Then again... My bigger worry at this time is me trying to have what I got graded. Which might turn into a bigger shit show than what HA could create if my 2022 budget is the same as it was for the past decade. 🤔

• Like 1

Slightly off-topic, but I am selling off my CAS graded copy of Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2. Maybe my CAS graded copy of Dragon Quest VII (PS One Books).

At this point of time I need to make enough to at least get my business name trademarked before I revise my attempts to get that funded (or even have help getting to where I need it). Everything beyond that has me focusing on AFA since they are talking about "big changes" and the like.

Either way, if anybody here is interested... Feel free to PM me. If I decide to stay here, that is (long story). 😅

On 11/6/2021 at 3:54 AM, FenrirZero said:

Slightly off-topic, but I am selling off my CAS graded copy of Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2. Maybe my CAS graded copy of Dragon Quest VII (PS One Books).

At this point of time I need to make enough to at least get my business name trademarked before I revise my attempts to get that funded (or even have help getting to where I need it). Everything beyond that has me focusing on AFA since they are talking about "big changes" and the like.

Either way, if anybody here is interested... Feel free to PM me. If I decide to stay here, that is (long story). 😅

The Selling forum is probably what you're after, not this thread... 🙂 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, inasuma said:

The Selling forum is probably what you're after, not this thread... 🙂 

I know. 😅 I'm just trying to give a heads up before I attempt to do that. Which might be next month since I am taking a break so I can focus on my mental health and the development of my carded Star Wars collection. 😅

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kell said:

Anyone have experience with Wata and GBA grades?

Got my first batch back and their grading of the gba games seemed much more picky than what I’ve seen them do for systems.

Yep, this is normal. I really don’t get it. I have 15 gba games now that I’ve graded and I’ve sent in games I was absolutely sure would break into 9.8 territory, but the best I can do is 9.6. It’s really weird, because then I send in snes or n64 and get 9.6 and 9.8 no problem. Just so weird.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Dumars2001 said:

Wouldn't this be considered a really good deal? $1,000 a piece for a factory sealed Genesis Sonic 2 straight from the factory case!

4x SEGA GENESIS SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 GAME BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED! READ! | eBay

Yeah, that's actually a reasonable price IMO

A grand for a factory sealed Sonic 2 I would certainly consider an extravagant purchase, sure, but it's a lot more in line with the realm of rational collecting, absolutely. 

Not sure why the seller wouldn't just put them on to the market one by one on a no-reserve auction and see what he can get tbh... I would imagine WAY more than a thousand each. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, Dumars2001 said:

Wouldn't this be considered a really good deal? $1,000 a piece for a factory sealed Genesis Sonic 2 straight from the factory case!

4x SEGA GENESIS SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 GAME BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED! READ! | eBay

Last month, someone sold 4 qty for $1500. The same seller sold a 6pk in Aug for $6000.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

Last month, someone sold 4 qty for $1500. The same seller sold a 6pk in Aug for $6000.

2 hours ago, Dumars2001 said:

Ok, so this is one of those "warehouse" finds that is often talked about.

So, I imagine that Sonic 2's price will/should fall in price.

1 hour ago, tidaldreams said:

You would think, but who really knows. There's always one every week in the HA auctions 🤔

Common game is common? Who knew! It's not like it sold 6 million copies or anything... Oh wait! 😛 🤣

I'd still say a thousand bucks is a fine price for any good condition sealed game if you REALLY want it... I've never spent nearly that much on a game but I can see myself getting there one day. 

But then again I have no intention of ever selling any of my games, so if I ever did put a thousand into a single game, I'd have to know that I REALLY wanted it, I'd really have to feel THAT burning desire to own it, and so far the games I want that are over a grand haven't quite reached that standard of desire quite yet.

As I get richer, and my collection grows to the point that the low hanging fruit are all gone, that equation will probably change, but I'd imagine I'm still a fair few years away from that tipping point, personally.

• Agree 1