IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Gradius 2

BeaIank

20 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I guess Ill reserve for score since skinny is so fired up. Its on the flash cart ready to go. I suck hard at shooters, but Ill try to channel my inner tapeworm and get over the 31k mark.

I seriously wasn't kidding about not being able to hit 31k on one life. This game is tough.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

The graphics are great for NES. I wonder why this didn't get a US release.

i read it was like castlevania 3 where the famicom can work with some special "memory mapper"... and they didnt want to spend the time amd resources to convert it becaus the og gradius disnt do very well states side.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sumez said:

Crisis Force is a great, but incredibly easy game 😮 I wonder what rules will be employed to keep scores in check 😄 

i won a crisis force high score contest on facebook a lil over a year ago...i wonder if i still have the pic of my score.

it wasnt the most difficult game ive ever played... but really fun.

edit: here it is 

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I can't believe the solar flares that always get me in Life Force are in the first level in this game. This game doesn't fuck around.

14 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That's the part that took me forever to get past. If the flares didn't hit me, the birds or fireballs would.

and your hooked...

Okay, @docile tapeworm, you trash talkin' piece of shit, I did this just for you!  Let me know if you beat my score and I'll give it another go.  You have six days (oh, but you have no time with job and family 😞 ).  Too bad...... 😛

EDIT: And I've gotta say, I forgot what an incredibly awesome game this is!  But the slowdown is a freakin' killer...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Okay, @docile tapeworm, you trash talkin' piece of shit, I did this just for you!  Let me know if you beat my score and I'll give it another go.  You have six days (oh, but you have no time with job and family 😞 ).  Too bad...... 😛

EDIT: And I've gotta say, I forgot what an incredibly awesome game this is!  But the slowdown is a freakin' killer...

to be the man....

854FDA17-7210-47BE-B840-59C63FFDF08C.gif

Edited by docile tapeworm

7 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

This should be interesting.

• Like 1