IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Gradius 2

BeaIank

12 hours ago, Californication said:

I think we died at the same place; where the boss shoots above, then below, repeat. I got almost no points on the Moai level because I was just trying to get out of there.

Yeah, I got massive points on the Moai level since I had four options, fully powered.  I actually thought I wasn't going to die until the speed-up level since it's so easy once you're fully powered up and shielded..... but then I hit the one friggin' boss who's projectiles you can't shoot, and my shield was already red 😞  So yup, sounds like we died in the exact same spot!

But like I said, my score will guarantee me top 5, and that's 'bout all I'm looking for in the regular season... 😛

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

To be fair though, i only put about 5 half assed minutes into trying, but still, lol......

It's hard but definitely doable if you put enough time in. And this is coming for someone who also ranks shooters as their least favorite genre.

The main thing is the powerups. Every time you get one of those powerup icons (which usually come from defeating a wave of enemies or the orange enemy), the next powerup gets selected. Then when it gets to one you want, press A to cash out. I think someone here suggested "Speed up, Laser, Speed up, Force Field (the question mark)" and that seemed to work for me. After that I got to four "options" (clone ships that follow you and shoot when you do). Then you just have to memorize where the enemies spawn in the first 1.5 levels.

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

It's hard but definitely doable if you put enough time in. And this is coming for someone who also ranks shooters as their least favorite genre.

The main thing is the powerups. Every time you get one of those powerup icons (which usually come from defeating a wave of enemies or the orange enemy), the next powerup gets selected. Then when it gets to one you want, press A to cash out. I think someone here suggested "Speed up, Laser, Speed up, Force Field (the question mark)" and that seemed to work for me. After that I got to four "options" (clone ships that follow you and shoot when you do). Then you just have to memorize where the enemies spawn in the first 1.5 levels.

haha, thanks, i know about the powerups, i didnt do horrible in the first gradius i dont think......maybe i did, idk......but i just don't have it in me for this one.

6 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I'm glad that I'm not the only one!

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

Lol if fishing gets its own category, I know Im a weirdo for liking it. I think most would put racing ahead of fishing. Pro am 2 week is not that far off. Give that an honest shot. Youll be ricky Bobby fired up to go fast

RC Pro Am II is amazing. Everyone should try it.

• Agree 1