IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Gradius 2

BeaIank

37 minutes ago, Californication said:

How do I put this game on easy?

Yeah, I just started playing and ffs, I can see where they may have thought the US was too soft for this. Gradius is a bitch, but this seems tougher. Also seems like you need to upgrade speed a lot more? @Dr. Morbis do you upgrade the shit out that? Id ask @docile tapeworm, but he wont even share candy with his children. Dont worry about competitive edge. I have beat zero shooters and dont see that changing any time soon

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Yeah, I just started playing and ffs, I can see where they may have thought the US was too soft for this. Gradius is a bitch, but this seems tougher. Also seems like you need to upgrade speed a lot more? @Dr. Morbis do you upgrade the shit out that? Id ask @docile tapeworm, but he wont even share candy with his children. Dont worry about competitive edge. I have beat zero shooters and dont see that changing any time soon

I do three speeds right off the bat; you need to be able to move first and foremost.  Make sure you select the back-shooting power up right after that or you're a sitting duck for like 40% of the enemies who enter the screen...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tablew/chairs said:

The answer is with the famicom games I don’t have them so I couldn’t compete every week and I like to be all in,  mbd is also right thou I’ve got so few nes games left to finish I’ve really been focusing on those new completions 

I thought I actually had Gradius, but I got Quarth from @fcgamerat the beginning of the season. I was just noticing your name was absent from the top players and someone needs to take @docile tapewormdown a peg and help him find a new Rick Flair gif. 

23 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Cant wiggle your way out that easy. Its cool though. With your talent, plenty of time to make up enough points to cruise into tourney with a vengeance. 

I actually don't even know how many players make the tournament; is it eight?  More?  Less?  I've never participated before (outside of a single week in 2009), so I don't even know what ranking is the cutoff...

30 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I actually don't even know how many players make the tournament; is it eight?  More?  Less?  I've never participated before (outside of a single week in 2009), so I don't even know what ranking is the cutoff...

I only played last year, but it was more. I think it was 15. 5 eliminated 1st round and 2nd round and then the last 5 played final roubd. The cutoff seemed to be set to include everyone who played most weeks. 

On 8/24/2021 at 9:14 PM, docile tapeworm said:

@NESfiend "speed up"

Good advice! Im in there participatin. Shitty week for time plus me sucking at shooters - this isnt going anywhere realistically. Popping in f zero. Heard the first level music somewhere and been wanting to revisit. Good luck ya savages

• Like 1