IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Gradius 2

BeaIank

10 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Dr. Morbis im at 40k right now. think i can get there by weeks end?

Shouldn't be a problem if you keep playing.  Once you've got four options it's pretty smooth sailing for a long while.  If I was hell bent on winning this week, I wouldn't stop until I had one-lifed the game, but as it is, I'll sit back and see if you can catch my score - I'm sitting pretty anyway for a top 5 finish as of right now, which is all I ever ask of the regular season games... 😉

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Shouldn't be a problem if you keep playing.  Once you've got four options it's pretty smooth sailing for a long while.  If I was hell bent on winning this week, I wouldn't stop until I had one-lifed the game, but as it is, I'll sit back and see if you can catch my score - I'm sitting pretty anyway for a top 5 finish as of right now, which is all I ever ask of the regular season games... 😉

ric flair wrestling GIF by WWE

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 1:26 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

Are you winning this one, kiddo? 😉

Reserved for SCORE!

SCORE EDIT #1 - Died on (what I think is) the final boss of the boss rush, 241,800:

GII - 1.JPG

Ahhh, too bad. This would be a great score for morbis. That guy should be proud. But your handle appears to be DR. morbis. Rules do say to put your username, not a short form nickname, in the picture. Im sure you will enjoy playing again though once you prepare a proper name display. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

whats curio mean? whats more interesting is you will lose to someone of such a low skill level 😁

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you beat my score, because I already know how tenacious you are (good thing to know if you ever make the tourney 😉 ).  The only thing really stopping me from wanting to play any more is the speed level.  I beat this game about ten or so years ago, and the toughest part was memorizing this one later level with super-fast scrolling; no way do I want to go through that many playthroughs again to train my brain to get through that level for one or two extra points in the standings...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

Ahhh, too bad. This would be a great score for morbis. That guy should be proud. But your handle appears to be DR. morbis. Rules do say to put your username, not a short form nickname, in the picture. Im sure you will enjoy playing again though once you prepare a proper name display. 

Haha, if you're going to call me out on that technicality, then I technically have zero points on the season.... 😛

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

And I've gotta say, I forgot what an incredibly awesome game this is!  But the slowdown is a freakin' killer...

11 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

It's an interesting curio: to think that it'll take you numerous days to get to the skill level that I was at right out of the gate... 😉😉😉😉

aaaah right out the gate as in ive played through this game before. got ya.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you beat my score, because I already know how tenacious you are (good thing to know if you ever make the tourney 😉 ).  The only thing really stopping me from wanting to play any more is the speed level.  I beat this game about ten or so years ago, and the toughest part was memorizing this one later level with super-fast scrolling; no way do I want to go through that many playthroughs again to train my brain to get through that level for one or two extra points in the standings...

commander santa crowned me "the grinder". he must have seen something in my gameplay style.

tourney is a different animal. players put up thier absolute best. no sliding through.