IGNORED

Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 94/94

Davis Cup Tennis is done. When you beat Championship Mode it gives you a quick trophy ceremony and then the same credits as beating Davis Cup mode, but then it starts you at the beginning of Davis Cup mode instead of the main title screen which is what happens when you beat Davis Cup mode.

Championship Mode was SO much easier than Davis Cup since you only play singles. In Davis Cup you also have to play doubles matches and your teammate is just the worst. You essentially have to play against 2 CPUs by yourself. 

Davis Cup Tennis - Credits.PNG

Davis Cup Tennis - Trophy.PNG

Edited by Crabmaster2000
  • Like 3

Jack Nicklaus Turbo Golf is done. They let you save after each hole so its super easy, but even then Jack kinda sucks a lot of the time. Half the holes he would just crank it out of bounds or right in front of a tree. The game is awful just like the NES one where it has to load in all the scenery so you have a lot of waiting around before you can actually play the game. And the putting is very bad. 

There's no actual ending so here's the final scorecard before it loops back to the title screen. 

Jack Nicklaus - Ending.PNG

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Played all three Bonk games back to back to back. I'm kind of lukewarm on the first one, but they definitely get better as you go through the series. Good ones to end on! So with Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure done that is the entirety of the TG16 library!!

Bonk 3 - Ending.PNG

Congrats man! Truly impressive watching you beast your way through this library of games!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Played all three Bonk games back to back to back. I'm kind of lukewarm on the first one, but they definitely get better as you go through the series. Good ones to end on! So with Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure done that is the entirety of the TG16 library!!

Congratulations! This is an incredible achievement! Lots of really tough games in the library, even though it's comparatively small. What were the toughest or most fun games for you?

As for the next console, just choose whatever you like. But if you need some inspiration, there are lots of other completion threads out there. Or maybe the Turbografx CD games?

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Congratulations! This is an incredible achievement! Lots of really tough games in the library, even though it's comparatively small. What were the toughest or most fun games for you?

As for the next console, just choose whatever you like. But if you need some inspiration, there are lots of other completion threads out there. Or maybe the Turbografx CD games?

Toughest were definitely R-Type and Alien Crush for VERY different reasons, lol. 

Lots of fun ones. A few favorites were:

Soldier Blade
Raiden
Tricky Kick
Victory Run
Splatterhouse
Galaga 90
Bloody Wolf
Neutopia II
Cadash

Turbo CD is definitely something I want to tackle this year. Also Sega Master System and Virtual Boy. Not sure which order I want to attack those just yet though.

• Like 3

Last spreadsheet update with the remaining goals to be updated:

Aero Blasters - Defeat the Mecha Load Master (Stage 6)

Alien Crush - Earn 999,999,900 points

Battle Royale - Beat Tournament Mode on Professional Difficulty (15 bouts and Championship Match)

Bonk's Adventure - Defeat Evil King Drool

Bonk's Revenge - Defeat Evil King Drool III

Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure - Defeat Evil King Drool III

Davis Cup Tennis - Win Davis Cup Mode

Dragon Spirit - Defeat Zowel (Stage 8 )

Dragon's Curse - Defeat the Vampire Dragon

Dungeon Explorer - Defeat Natas

Jack Nicklaus' Turbo Golf - Beat the CPU in a match

Psychosis - Defeat the Devil Ugar in the 2nd loop of the game

R-Type - Defeat BYDO (Stage 8 )

Space Harrier - Defeat Valda (Stage 18)

Time Cruise - Earn 99,999,999 points

Yo Bro - Beat Stage 30 (5th San Francisco Stage) and then can either win or lose during Robocop bonus stage

Edited by Crabmaster2000
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

I dont think Ive ever actually pulled the entire collection off the shelf for a photo so here's a glamour shot of the full collection now that's its been beaten.

Screenshot_20240307_062620_Messenger.jpg

It’s definitely nice you have them all pretty much CIB. A lot of my set is loose and I had to store them in like card collecting binder so you can’t seem them in all their glory!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

It’s definitely nice you have them all pretty much CIB. A lot of my set is loose and I had to store them in like card collecting binder so you can’t seem them in all their glory!

I tried really hard to make sure I at least got manuals with everything. Only missing 4 manuals

36 minutes ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

I tried really hard to make sure I at least got manuals with everything. Only missing 4 manuals

I have noticed since I’m playing TG16 more that the manual scans are not as readily available online like NES or SNES are. Some I can find and others I can’t 

18 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I have noticed since I’m playing TG16 more that the manual scans are not as readily available online like NES or SNES are. Some I can find and others I can’t 

Totally, there's a lot of manuals not scanned in online. My copy of Hit the Ice is sealed so I didn't want to open it and I couldn't find a scan of it anywhere when I went to play that one. 

On 3/3/2024 at 5:24 PM, Crabmaster2000 said:

Turbo CD is definitely something I want to tackle this year. Also Sega Master System and Virtual Boy. Not sure which order I want to attack those just yet though.

I thought about trying to beat the Sega Master System library in the past.  My problem is that there are games that I really, really do not enjoy.  Not even a little.  After 2 minutes with something like Great Football, I just have to stop.  There's also the Sports Pad games which are nearly unplayable.  I wonder how many people actually beat those without an emulator.  Best of luck if you attempt that.  I'd like to see it done.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red said:

I thought about trying to beat the Sega Master System library in the past.  My problem is that there are games that I really, really do not enjoy.  Not even a little.  After 2 minutes with something like Great Football, I just have to stop.  There's also the Sports Pad games which are nearly unplayable.  I wonder how many people actually beat those without an emulator.  Best of luck if you attempt that.  I'd like to see it done.

Don't tell me that right before I start....

• The title was changed to Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 94/94

Sending congratulations to everyone who participated. The TurboGrafx-16 library has reached completion now.

I want to express my gratitude to @Crabmaster2000, who helped greatly with the requirements and completed a whopping 60 games in total. You're a real enthusiast and it shows. Wishing you success in completing other video game libraries!

Shout out to the other participants: @Red, @scaryice, @cj_robot and @Dr. Morbis.

Long live the TurboGrafx-16.

• Like 1
  • Love 1