IGNORED

Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 94/94

• The title was changed to Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 89/94
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally had a good run and had enough extra lives to get through the final stage on Aero Blasters. Tried the second loop and its mostly the same except they made the weakest enemies in each stage invincible which is kind of funny and super hard to deal with. Also the bullets were faster. Thankfully it is the same ending even if you do a second loop so I don't think it is required to call this beaten. Pretty tough game, but not too frustrating outside of just a couple spots. 

That's it for shmups on the system now too!

Aero Blasters - Ending.PNG

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Just lost all my balls 4 hours into Alien Crush.....

Holy shit. That's insane. You have my sympathy. That goal of 1 billion points sounds absolutely unreasonable. Is that really necessary? I can't even find anything even remotely close to that goal on Youtube.

1 hour ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Holy shit. That's insane. You have my sympathy. That goal of 1 billion points sounds absolutely unreasonable. Is that really necessary? I can't even find anything even remotely close to that goal on Youtube.

Apparently that is indeed what's required for the ending:

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Alien_Crush

I've linked the video below. 10 hours of gameplay!! Yikes.

• Wow! 1

2 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

It was good learning experience to not ever goof around or Stray from the safe path. Gotta stay focused and attentive the whole time. I'm back around 130,000,000 point in less time work 9 balls stocked up (the max). Just gotta grind now and not make the same mistakes 

Thankfully was able to recover myself. Currently have it paused at 250,000,000 with 9 balls. Gonna have to leave my system on overnight and do what I can again tomorrow. Super worried about the system freezing or some kind of power outage. 

Even with all the NES game I've beaten this is a new kind of tension. When I was down to 2 balls left I was so stressed. I've restarted long RPGs or Strategy games after putting a dozen hour into them, but when it's a game like this with no safety net (saves/passwords/warps) it's a whole new kind of stress.

• Like 1

Every time I'm ready to take a break and pause I have to use a ton of mental effort to fight my urge to turn the machine off when I shut my TV off. I don't want burn in on my CRT so I keep turning it off when I'm paused, but I've always shut them off together so I have to fight that muscle memory. I also have a new fear that I'll hit run and select together by accident and reset the machine. 

No low ball scares this time. Roughly 520,000,000 point now.

Just grinding today for as much as I can before getting the kids and work. No scares today and kept my extra balls at 6 at my lowest. Paused again at 800,000,000. Not sure I'll have time to finish today. Might have to keep it paused over night once more and try to finish tomorrow. 

Edited by Crabmaster2000
  • Like 1

Got it done!! Alien Crush is beaten and was a very unique experience. What a ridiculous goal to beat a game that has like no tools to help you get to that goal. Just checked my videos for my total play time over the last 4 days. Just over 27 hours of gameplay to finish Alien Crush. Pretty proud of my old TG16 console for chugging along for 4 days straight without any issues at all. Was a pretty mentally grueling thing to do. Very glad I'll never have to do that again. 

Alien Crush - Ending.PNG

Alien Crush - Score.PNG

• Like 1
  • Wow! 7

Wow! How does Alien Crush compare to Devil's Crush? Is it easier to get extra balls? I recently beat Dragon's Fury on Genesis which is a port of Devil's Crush. I used the password feature to save scum my way to the max score and beat the boss. There's no way I could have done that without save scumming. My best score without scumming was only 91.9 mil, a long way from a billion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LHCGreg said:

Wow! How does Alien Crush compare to Devil's Crush? Is it easier to get extra balls? I recently beat Dragon's Fury on Genesis which is a port of Devil's Crush. I used the password feature to save scum my way to the max score and beat the boss. There's no way I could have done that without save scumming. My best score without scumming was only 91.9 mil, a long way from a billion.

Alien Crush gives much less in points and has no saves or passwords like Devil's Crush. Getting extra balls in Alien Crush is a long procedure of loading up the Aliens eyes before entering its mouth (or the shell thing at the top if you can light all his eyes too). Table also isn't quite as complex. And the music loops after like 20 seconds which kind of sucks when you have to put 27 hours in. Think I had about 15 hours into Devil's Crush, but like you I could save scum so it wasn't hard. 

Edited by Crabmaster2000