IGNORED

Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 94/94

14 hours ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Did you beat it prior to this challenge then? I didn't see you on the list as having completed it. 

Do you happen to have a link to video of either your playthrough or this Japanese fellows? I'd love to have some help through some of the trickier stages for when I get stuck. So far I haven't needed anything, but it sounds like it may bet rough from your description. I did a quick search and there didn't seem to be much info for Timeball online. 

I did it in May 2020 so before the challenge started. The Japanese guy played on some obscure Japanese video website, all his videos had like 5 views. I made a video but only of the final level: 

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2023 at 6:32 PM, Andykin Skysk8r said:

The hardest levels in the game are from around where you are until level 89. So basically it seems the devs put a solid effort into levels 1-30ish, then started to run out of time so then worked on levels 90-100, and for all the levels in between you can tell they didnt have time to make sure there was a reasonable increase in difficulty and probably just made them all as fast as possible and just had guys working in shifts to eventually complete the levels to prove they were actually possible to complete. As far as I can tell I'm one of two people on the internet who have beaten this game and the Japanese guy who also did it changed the settings to make the ball move slower. 

Don't forget about @Rishary who posted in this thread last year. He's beaten the whole library and has videos up for each of them. 

Timeball really clicked with me after level 40. Woke up early and slammed through up to Level 74 this morning without much trouble. Should be able to finish it either today or tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Finished up Timeball. I like these kind of puzzle game so I ended up putting more time into each session than I probably should have because I was just having fun with it. Wasn't too tough compared to something like Loopz on the NES which was a nightmare at times. Definitely more fun than Boxy Boy too. 

Timeball - Ending.PNG

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

• The title was changed to Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 73/94

Gonna put Final Lap Twin on the back burner for a bit while I play these game I borrowed from a stranger on facebook so that I can get them back to him asap. Beat Impossamole this morning. It's got sloppy controls and bad hit boxes which made it not a lot of fun to play. Great soundtrack though so that kept me going. All of the enemies just have regular names (Dave, Sid, Susie, Howie, Pete, etc) which was amusing during the enemy roll after the credits. 

Impossamole - Ending.PNG

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 74/94

Finished Hit the Ice this morning. This was a much more enjoyable sports game, despite it being a bit harder than the rest. You have to win 4 consecutive games which each take about 20 minutes a piece. The first 2 are pretty easy, but the last 2 were a lot tougher. The final game went into an overtime period in which we were still tied at the end so it went to a shootout mode. Very stressful, but was able to sneak out a win. 

Also did the Shot Race mode. It doesn't have an ending other than Game Over, but I felt it should be done as well. I did the 3 and 12 shot versions of it which are the shortest and longest ones and they both had the same Game Over ending. 

Hit the Ice - Ending.PNG

Hit the Ice - Shot Race Ending.PNG

• Like 2

Final Lap Twin is done. 3 Modes so 3 endings. I beat the Quest Mode, the F3000 GP and the F1 GP modes as well. Each of the 3 modes offers a different ending so I'd consider them all necessary. You could maybe make an argument that F3000 GP isn't necessary since it's ending tells you to play the F1 GP Mode though. 

Really fun game. Great racing mechanics so any of the 3 modes are fun, the music in the straight racing modes is great and it's always 3 laps so it doesn't take too long. Quest Mode was just as great at World Court Tennis. It's just really fun to upgrade your vehicle and earn new parts and challenge racers for the money to do so. 

Final Lap Twin - F1 End.PNG

Final Lap Twin - F3000 End.PNG

Final Lap Twin - Quest End.PNG

• Like 3

Ballistix is done. What a weird game. It seems that the game loops after Stage 28 in the 1 Player mode and I won a game against the CPU in vs. CPU mode as well. Can't find any video the game looping more than once to see if anything happens on further loops though so unless someone can confirm something different happens for multiple loops I'm happy to say this one is done. Seems like it was meant more as a 2 player Air Hockey kind of game. 

Ballistix - End.PNG

Ballistix - vs CPU End.PNG

• Like 2

More Spreadsheet info:

Andre Panza Kick Boxing - Defeat Andre Panza (no different ending for Defending your Title)

Ballistix - Beat Stage 28 (Game loops at Stage 29 which is just Stage 1 again), and Defeat the CPU in vs. CPU Mode

Cadash - Defeat Baarogue

Drop Off -  Defeat the Devil to save Izumi

Final Lap Twin - Quest Mode - Defeat World Champion Driver Alan Pross, 1P F3000 GP Mode - Be the Points Leader after all 8 races, 1P F1 GP Mode - Be the Points Leader after all 16 races

Hit the Ice - Win Championship Mode and at least 1 of the Shot Race Modes

Impossamole -  Defeat the Evil Emperor

Timeball -  Clear Level 100

Edited by Crabmaster2000
  • Thanks 1

Cyber Core is done. Fun little shmup that is all bug themed. Good power up system, good music. The last level was very challenging, but the rest of the game was fairly easy for a shmup. Usually when your hitbox is enormous like in this game it just sucks to play, but that wasn't the case here. Your movement speed and the rate of enemy projectiles and ability to scroll the screen a bit for more space all seemed to work with the big ship you pilot. 

Cyber Core - End.PNG

• Like 1

Super Volleyball is done. The controls for this game are very unusual and complicated. I don't know how I'd have played this one without the manual. The manual is also hilarious when it talk about all the teams. It basically says: USA are the best team by far. USSR and Brazil are good, but not as good as USA. Japan and China only have 2 good players and the rest of the team sucks. Why did we even include France? They aren't good at Volleyball

Super Volleyball - End.PNG

• Like 3

Finished up Falcon. The weapons loadout system was actually pretty cool. You've just got a huge cache of stuff at the start of the game, but nothing gets replenished. So if you start off using up all your good gear you wont have any for the later and more challenging missions. Most of the game was super short and easy, especially with the save system. But the stages where you have to bomb ground structures are brutal. They put a bunch of anti-air guns and turrets around the targets, plus with aircraft following you makes the framerate of the game chug along super slow. Because the framerate is so bad it doesn't always register your button presses when you want it to so I had a lot of failures where I flew over my target without launching my missiles or the plane wouldn't pull up when it was heading for the ground. The last mission in particular is the worst for this and it took dozens of tries on a stage that should have been done in like 5 attempts at most. 

Falcon - End.PNG

• Like 2

Started Victory Run yesterday and finished it off this morning. Initially felt extremely difficult until I figured out the key was to just slow it down. Driving slower is much preferable to spinning out or hitting a rock and I was able to gain time on most tracks. Thankfully the final track is also the easiest too!

Victory Run - End.PNG

Victory Run - Highscore.PNG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Andykin Skysk8r said:

Falcon is the flight sim nobody likes right? If you have the patients for it you should be able to handle Gunboat, the other military sim nobody likes lol

I got used to Flight Sims when I played through the NES library. Falcon wasn't great, but at least it was short. 

I'm working my way through the career on Champions Forever Boxing right now. Maybe I'll give Gunboat a try when that's done.

Finished Champions Forever Boxing today. The CPU hits SO hard in this game and you kind of have to cheese the AI to win. Thankfully they aren't very smart and you can hid out on the side of the ring safely if you need to recover your stamina. Found a tactic that worked pretty well to have any opponent TKO's by the 6th round at the latest. I screwed up on the final match and it actually went right to round 12 though so that was a bit more tense than I was expecting. 

It's a very weird boxing game with how the stats and meters work. You choose to refill your life/stamina between rounds or make one of your stats stronger..... you get stronger the more rounds you fight. That is ridiculous. Also when either fighter gets knocked out you both get your health nearly completely refilled. Makes it super frustrating when you both are at low health for a KO and then your both at full health after despite the count. 

Champions Forever Boxing - End.PNG

• Like 1