IGNORED

Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 94/94

• The title was changed to Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 64/94

Double Dungeons is finished. It plays so crazy fast for a dungeon crawler! The final dungeon is MASSIVE, but because the speed of the game it really didn't take all that much longer than the few dungeons that preceded it. I was bracing for something a lot longer. If you thoroughly explore each dungeon then by the time you make it to the boss you will absolutely clobber them. The 2nd to last boss died for me in 2 or 3 hits because I was so over-leveled and well equipped. It was a fun game. 

Double Dungeons - Ending.PNG

• Like 4

World Sports Competition is done. I like these kinds of game so I had a pretty good time with it. Very similar to Track & Field II on the NES where you get saves/passwords after every 3 events. Having a turbo function on the controller is a massive help compared to NES games like this though, much easier with that for sure. 

World Sports Competition - Ending.PNG

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 66/94
On 11/24/2023 at 7:30 PM, Crabmaster2000 said:

Anyone ever beat the 2nd loop of Pac Land? I was working on it tonight and got stuck on level 25. I can't even find any videos of someone beating it on YouTube. The stage is brutal. 

I beat it yesterday. For a game that has unlimited continues, extremely short stages, very generous checkpoints and a decent amount of lives they really cranked up the difficulty in levels 25-32 of that second loop to make up for all of that. Level 25 in particular is one of the cruelest stages I've ever played in my life. 

• Like 1

More Ending information:

Darkwing Duck: Defeat F.O.W.L.s Crime Machine (must complete the puzzle to gain access to final stage)

Double Dungeons: Defeat Vandess (must beat first 21 dungeons to obtain the code to access the 22nd and final dungeon)

Fantasy Zone: Defeat the Chief of the Enemy Forces

Pac Land: Beat Stage 32 on the 2nd Loop

Turrican: Defeat MORGUL and escape level 4-2

World Sports Competition: Finish the 12th day of Olympic Mode

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been messing around with TV Sports Basketball. It's a very frustrating game. There is no way to shorten the game length and it takes over an hour to finish each league game. There is absolutely no music at all for that hour other than the title screen which makes for a boring play. I also can't figure out a way to take advantage of the CPU like in most sports games so the games themselves are pretty tough and you can suddenly lose an hour into the game. Gonna be a slow slog.

• Sad 1

Had two games in a row that I blew a lead in the final couple minutes to lose by a single point. That sucked a lot. BUT I think I may have finally figured out a better method. Just won with a 40 point lead. Hopefully have some time tomorrow to try it again and see if it's something I can replicate or if it was a fluke.

Edited by Crabmaster2000
Speld bad

Got through the main league and am in the Championships now. Looks like I have to win a best of 3 against the number 2 seeded team, then the 3rd and 4th place teams do the same (I don't think I have to watch those games to completion, but we'll see). And then one more best of 3 for the finals to be done with this one. 

Luckily it seems like the challenge the computers put up is randomly attached to each team and doesn't actually reflect their placement in the standings. I got beat by the 7th place team pretty bad, but stomped the 2nd place team already in the league. 

• Like 1

Finally finished the League on TV Sports Basketball. What a slow game with no way to reduce the length of the quarters, and lots of pauses on the timer during play it took around an hour and ten minutes to play each of the 10 games in the league and then another 4 games for the championship rounds. There is NO music during the game so you just get to hear the dribbling of the ball and the rebound off the backboard when you miss for many many hours. They did have some fun with the character names though. My star player in the final game was Burnin Whang. 

TV Sports Basketball - Ending.PNG

• Like 3

This one is going to be easy! You can pick a team that has fast players and your running plays are nearly untouchable. I went with the Thunderbolts and the only team that can keep up are the Infernos. As long as they don't make the Championships it'll be a cake walk..... and I can ensure they don't make the Championships because you unlike TV Sports Basketball you have to simulate each game you're not playing in separately. So if I don't like the outcome of a match I can just put in my previous password and simulate matches again until I get the outcome I want. The Rhinos are a big strong team, but they are very slow so an easy win for the Thunderbolts. Just have to make sure I play the Rhinos in the finals and I'll be done in no time! 

• Like 1

Beat both League mode and Tournament mode in Takin' It To The Hoop to see if they had different endings, they do not so I feel like just one or the other should be fine to consider this one beaten. It was SO easy against the CPU, the games are just long and slow. I ended up just shooting for ridiculous 3 pointers and then stealing the ball back before the opponents got a chance to shoot to speed up the game since the timer wouldn't stop as much that way. Really unimpressed with the sports games on the TG16 so far. 

Takin it to the hoop - Ending.PNG

Takin it to the hoop - League standings.PNG

Takin it to the hoop - Tournament Stats.PNG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Started working on Timeball. Not sure how much the later levels ramp up in difficulty/time consumption, but I made it to level 30 out of 100 in about 2-3 hours, so not too bad so far. 

The hardest levels in the game are from around where you are until level 89. So basically it seems the devs put a solid effort into levels 1-30ish, then started to run out of time so then worked on levels 90-100, and for all the levels in between you can tell they didnt have time to make sure there was a reasonable increase in difficulty and probably just made them all as fast as possible and just had guys working in shifts to eventually complete the levels to prove they were actually possible to complete. As far as I can tell I'm one of two people on the internet who have beaten this game and the Japanese guy who also did it changed the settings to make the ball move slower. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Andykin Skysk8r said:

The hardest levels in the game are from around where you are until level 89. So basically it seems the devs put a solid effort into levels 1-30ish, then started to run out of time so then worked on levels 90-100, and for all the levels in between you can tell they didnt have time to make sure there was a reasonable increase in difficulty and probably just made them all as fast as possible and just had guys working in shifts to eventually complete the levels to prove they were actually possible to complete. As far as I can tell I'm one of two people on the internet who have beaten this game and the Japanese guy who also did it changed the settings to make the ball move slower. 

Did you beat it prior to this challenge then? I didn't see you on the list as having completed it. 

Do you happen to have a link to video of either your playthrough or this Japanese fellows? I'd love to have some help through some of the trickier stages for when I get stuck. So far I haven't needed anything, but it sounds like it may bet rough from your description. I did a quick search and there didn't seem to be much info for Timeball online. 

Edited by Crabmaster2000

More ending information for the Spreadsheet:

Ninja Spirit - Defeat The Evil One (stage 7)

Power Golf - Beat the CPU in a Match game

Somer Assault - Defeat The Creator

Takin' It To The Hoop - Win either Tournament or League Mode with any team (same ending in both)

TV Sports Basketball - Win the League Mode with any team

TV Sports Football - Win the League Mode with any team

World Class Baseball - Beat the Champs in Pennant Mode

Edited by Crabmaster2000
  • Thanks 1