IGNORED

Would you rather lose your wallet or your phone?

Hammerfestus

Would you rather lose your wallet or your phone?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather lose your wallet or your phone?

Administrator · Posted
17 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

There was a young lady I used to work with that had one of those jelly iPhone cases that could be peeled back. In it she kept her DL and a credit card, and that (and her keys) was all she ever carried on her.

That's what my wife does - if she lost her phone it'd be a lot like losing her wallet too lol.

2 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I've actually been considering doing that as well.  As mentioned before, I'm down to 6 items in my wallet, plus some cash and I think I can get those 6 items down to 4.  I just hate the fact that it would make my phone slightly thicker.  

Yeah, just stick to the necessary cards. 🙂 How often do you really need cash in your daily life? I don't think I've held a single coin in my hand for the past few years, outside of the 100-yens I drop into my own arcade cab 😅

Edited by Sumez

9 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Yeah, just stick to the necessary cards. 🙂 How often do you really need cash in your daily life? I don't think I've held a single coin in my hand for the past few years, outside of the 100-yens I drop into my own arcade cab 😅

You're in Europe. They got their act together when it comes to cashless societies.

Americans have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the future.

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted
10 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

You're in Europe. They got their act together when it comes to cashless societies.

Americans have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the future.

I’ve traveled Europe extensively the last 14 years and found many more places that are cash only, vs. the US. Other places I’ve been to like Japan and Dubai on the other hand were nearly cashless. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tulpa said:

You don't NEED it, but I like to carry it anyway. Plus, my insurance company has greater liability coverage than my credit card or the rental companies have offered.

Liability coverage will spill over and be covered by your own auto policy if the liability is high enough. It isn't either-or.

The only insurance the rental place cares about is who is going to pay for THEIR car being out of service (which isn't covered by your standard auto policy -- they'll pay for repairs, but not the out-of-service time).

3 hours ago, Sumez said:

Yeah, the Germans love their cash and hate credit cards. You can't even use credit cards in an ATM there. It's weird.

Yes I found this so weird when I visited Germany in 2019.

Like Denmark, we’re almost a cashless society here too, and I thought most of Europe was too but I think it is just Denmark and Sweden that are basically cashless.

Wallet. Easy answer: I keep no cash in my wallet or very little of it. And I can cancel and replace credit cards and drivers license easily. I can buy things on my phone and phones are way more expensive to replace not to mention the amount of information carried on a phone.

• Like 1