IGNORED

The new breed of collectors thread

8 hours ago, GPX said:

I’ll say it again, no one is really bashing against the collectors of repros, it’s more about the concerns of the 1:1 repros/clones. 

This isn’t about the debate on “should people be able to collect what they want to collect?” Because I think we mostly all agree that the answer is “YES”. 

More to the point, buyers who spend 3-5 figures, you can call them idiots, masochists or whatever, but at least they know what they’re setting themselves up for when spending that kind of amount. As long as the item is described, they only have themselves to blame henceforth.

On the other hand, 1:1 repros when being sold by dodgy sellers, there is a HUGE risk for future buyers down the track to be fooled, particularly the inexperienced collectors. I’m already seeing a lot of dodgy listings with really good repro boxes, in the guise of “like new condition” without bothering to mention it’s a repro. By being more accepting of 1:1 repros, you are effectively saying “I welcome dodgy sellers to do more dodgy stuff”. 

^ 100% THIS.

First off, WE are members of VGS. If anybody here wants to put anything before that reality, feel free to move to a video game collector forum that encourages it. Our opinions matter, but are not an excuse to be an elitist or anything that demeans those you disagree with in any possible way. If you cannot ask for clarification is an option, just note that any respect you lose is nobody else's fault. That is all I can say when it comes to both the BS attitudes and BS excuses.

Moving on...

As with what GPX has stated, those who have to deal with these type of risks are 100% fine when the collector in question does not use others as an excuse. More than the 'promise' they would not try to screw over the next owner if they can get a real copy in the end. And that is from a guy who has been dealing with this for a long time.

In the end, those who being childish for any reason need to grow the fuck up. And apologize to those who did not attack you, regardless of which side you are on.

That is all I will say because you guys have it easy. 😩

Edited by FenrirZero

1 hour ago, FenrirZero said:

^ 100% THIS.

First off, WE are members of VGS. If anybody here wants to put anything before that reality, feel free to move to a video game collector forum that encourages it. Our opinions matter, but are not an excuse to be an elitist or anything that demeans  those you disagree with in any possible way.

Those who are too lazy to just ask for a clarification need to apologize to everybody. Because again, you have the right to collect what makes you happy. You don't have a right to be an asshole to those who say something you may have taken out of context. Nor have the right to make excuses for any reason, or result.

All I can say is that the shit I have read, and was forced to experience, include things that have killed the joy of collecting video games. With those who have done it not caring because others allow it. And that is a problem because it takes away any normalcy I work hard at gaining in the end. And done for most of my life.

Moving on...

As with what GPX has stated, those who have to deal with these type of risks are 100% fine when the collector in question does not use others as an excuse. More than the 'promise' they would not try to screw over the next owner if they can get a real copy in the end. And that is from a guy who has been dealing with this for a long time.

In the end, I feel that two people here owe me an apology. With one owing it to others as well. And those who antagonized them should apologize. Because this is VGS, not a poorly run babysitter service.

That is all I will say because you guys have it easy. 😩

I know I'm likely to end up on the "blacklist" for what I'm about to say next, so I'll apologize in advance for it; with that said, I think there's a lot to be said and if you want, I can also reach out to you after I've finished my life guidance book, in a few months time. 🙂

As some here know, my brother is also on the spectrum and whilst being a brilliant guy, he does terribly poorly socially at times - therefore he's also on disability, trying to pass a job interview is a nightmare for him, and even if he did miraculously pass, he likely would run into other problems on the job, unless it were some sort of place that catered towards providing a job to people with such disabilities.

Talking about trying to achieve a sense of "normalcy" and what not: my brother tried it back in high school, failed at it anyways, and felt miserable. Just try to be yourself in the world that you live in.

In terms of games, collect what you want, within your limitations, and just try not to get caught up in the rest.

More importantly though, start dedicating your time (if you haven't already) to improving your lot. I'm NT, but I've got my own share of problems, ranging from being half illiterate to health issues, but only I can work to make myself overcome that.

Demanding apologies from people and playing the victim card isn't going to help your situation though, to be honest. If you want, send me a DM, we can set up a time for a video chat and I'll gladly help you to discuss your strengths and weaknesses, and any possible ways to help you get off disability, move on from the past problems, and get your business (or something else) up and running.

• Angry 1
  • Agree 1

@fcgamer once again, try to learn more about me. Because you using your brother as an excuse to not do that literally has you mocking his existence for your own condescending (and ignorant) gains. Because first off, if you fucking knew me like you claim to... Guess what? You would realize that saying all of that is just a bullshit attempt at using your own brother as an excuse to degrade me.

And second? Take note on why VGS WAS a forum I wanted to be a part of before you decided to take a massive shit on my existance. And act like anything you say is more relevant that the fucking truth.

The reality you are oh so willing to ignore is that I have been bullied since I was 10 years old. Maybe sooner but those who did had the courage to become my friends. Since 1986, I was picked on for being different. At school, on the way to my house, you name it. It also got worse after my Dad died in 1988, which is also the year I finally got my NES. But it did not protect me from the changes that I would be dealing with to this very day.

In Junior High School, a person purposely damaged a used AD&D book (Unearthed Arcana) I bought during one of my walks with my grandmother. The VP scolded me for having it on campus, as opposed to punishing the person who chose to damage it. In High School, I had three year books stolen in two years. Along with my property being vandalized in many ways. And having a stone thrown at my face. And a fire extinguisher used as a "joke".

The last one resulted in the person being yelled at, not suspended or expelled. Despite the fact a neighboring class was also affected by his actions. He harassed me up until the day I graduated.

Online I was vilified at a site called Web RPG for liking Dragon Ball Z, despite the fact that I was a new fan. Those who attacked me wanted things their way, with one of them ignoring the fact I was there for him when others attacked him. Nobody fucking cared that the hype annoyed me as well, nor cared that I'd like to see it be toned down. Those who wanted "tradition" included a sentient Borg, a talking wolf, and a person known to RP as god-level characters.

Beyond that, R. Talsorian's former moderator, Paul, would always tell me to "grow some skin" whenever I complained. He also banned me for starting a flame war that had me mainly be the target, which he begrudgingly reversed after others called his bullshit. If he did not do that, or allowed others to vilify me just because I did not agree with their views, I would more likely be busy re-reading Cyberpunk 2020 for both Red and 2077.

My times at Daizenshuu EX (defunct) ended with me being called "retarded" while the head of the forum acted like it was OK. All because I wrote two DBZ-related articles for Beckett, which they also had mocked, along with the fact I had reasons to support Funimation. The level of toxicity during my brief tenure there still has me experience a feeling of uneasiness whenever I try to be a fan of the franchise. With everything tied to it, overall, making even the smallest of provocations result in me feeling anxiety towards anything I worked hard to like, and collect.

This includes my years-long tenure as a forum moderator at Anime: Hopes & Dreams. My means of being a literal nice guy had a member accuse me of being a pedophile. All because I refused to let her take the place for granted. Just like how you took both me and my disability for granted. And she did it in a hate topic dedicated to me, on a friend's own private forum. With that conclusion being why I edited out my request for an apology.

This is just a percentage of the bullshit I endured before I was diagnosed with ASD in 2005.

After that I finally had a chance to start a real collection, with no second guesses or issues, on December, 2011. By December, 2011 I quit being both a member of Funimation's fanbase and a Transformers collector. The former was in thanks to somebody that convinced others that my breakup with my engaged-to-be-engaged girlfriend was a lie, and that I had a "grudge" with his friend who got banned because her behavior towards me was that bad. It was so bad that I had to call them directly while it was happening. And she did it because she wanted her other friend to be a victim, despite those who knew Funimation's past would say he was attacking Bandai Entertainment for the same reason those at Daizenshuu EX attacked Funimation.

I should point out that she used my disability as an excuse to break up with me. And called me condescending as well as say that both she and her family hated me for what I said. She did not care that I tried to know more about her father, nor got the chance he sounded like he had my own Dad's health risks.

When it came to Transformers, I quit the first time because the site's founder exonerated the harassment a key member was doing. Despite the reality his own mods asked for it to stop in the past. On my fucking birthday. His friends would always be friendly to me when he was not around, an 100% supportive of him when he was. I was depressed for the majority of 2013. The second time was at another Transformers website, with me being attacked for having a disability... Liking imports more than what they liked... And more.

One of them was like you, he became defensive when it came to a family member that had issues with their disability. But no remorse for their own hypocrisy. Bullshit like this went on prior to me joining Nintendo Age, then later joining VGS. With what was my last incident happening last year at a Star Wars forum. By a person who acted like everything he hated should be hated, along with the hatred of those who did not collect his way.

And family?

I was pretty much both emotionally and psychologically abused to the point I still have not recovered since 1989. Two members of my family put that person first with no regards for what did happen. One of them ended up robbing me in many ways before they were barred for assaulting me and being pretty much you when confronted. The other is a self-proclaimed victim with issues that make them somebody I have to avoid.

Going back to 2013, I should point out that I wanted to start a business in Japan. Because my experiences there occasionally rebooted parts of my brain that had been damaged by the abuse. The future assaulter refused to help because it had to be about their appeasement. The main family member refused to help because they claimed that nobody had to understand me. And I worked on that goal up to the point I burnt myself out.

On November 23, 2014, I became engaged. Nobody in my family, or associated with it, cared. Those who would have were dead, or too busy with their own successes to realize that I could use their support. The same key family member used the same excuse when I needed help gaining money for both the wedding and honeymoon. And later that year used their own narration to make me go back to Osaka when both she and I did not want that.

I spent that month watching my engagement die, while trying to not blame her for it. My emotional, psychological, and physical health declined. And all I got was a 3DS with one game that I later traded for Animal Crossings. Which was my least expensive attempt at an escapism.

On February, 2016, I planned to change my name in hopes of rebooting my life. Everything I asked for never came. Stuff that would have helped normalize my ASD never came, attempts at resolving the past never came, and things the eventual assaulter did was excused... Only to be used to vilify me. Along with the mockery of my health diagnosis, the avoidance of me saying how depressed I am, my talks of suicide, and my fears of having dissociation.

Shall I go on with that? Because it did not help when last week a woman made it worse for me when she said that my disability, and also my history of having anxiety attacks, is an excuse for the alleged abuse I was doing. Just like that d-bag from 2012 told my "friends" (that went silent) that I used my disability as a crutch. With you now being #3 on that list.

But you are partially right. Just not the demanding part, since adults only do that to those who act like overgrown children.

I mean the part where those who know how to be adults do not need to be reminded that apologies are something you offer when a mistake is made. Because it comes with human compassion. Something I guess you oppose, especially when the alleged "asshole" you are attacking is the same guy who sided with you during your fight with @spacepup. But who cares, right? Your "reality" is more important to you than harm it does to me. On the same year I literally left the Dragon Quest fandom after I felt demoralized. And did that instead of quitting VGS for any Dragon Quest fan forums out there.

So yeah... Thank you for the literal "Fuck you." as well. I'll try to forget that you used your own disabled brother as an excuse to attack me. No promises because when I write something this long, I often lose my will to be part of something that makes me feel like anything but the masochist I tend to be treated as. And consider your right to not give a human being-level fuck for any damage you chose to do as my X'mas gift to you.

Everybody else? It is up to them on how they treat you. So happy holidays from somebody who used to respect you, dood. 🍺

• Sad 1

Everybody else... And this includes you, @Tanooki... Realize this about me.

I 100% love seeing VGA graded NES games. And to some extent, Wata graded games. But I do not have the money to buy these games for collecting or grading purposes. Nor had the money to build any portions of the collections you guys silently motivated me to build. For the most part it was cheaper than U.S. releases, and more fun because I pictured Tanooki talking to me about my displays. And others asking me to help find a Japan exclusive game.

But beyond that, I have been ROM dumping for years. I have been looking at the idea of buying English patched repos for years, as well. Stuff that has me support those who have a reason to own them. And I also did it because unlike my past experiences elsewhere, you guys supported my need to import even if it was not my #1 choice. To this day, I am thankful for that. Even if I am 100% disappointed with Tanooki's behavior in this topic.

In the end, what FC did is something I dealt with longer than I had known about my disability. Hence why I am using my past dealings as not just a masochist, but also a human being that has made mistakes that he regrets to this day, a reason to seem as being nothing more than a short-tempered asshole.

Which is why I am going to drop out of this topic, put it on block, and hope that you guys also move on however you choose. I 100% do not want pity or sympathy, as I have said to others in the past finding both solutions and resolutions is all I truly need. Because my non-neurotypical brain has me be more analytical than emotional. And I am 100% fine with that.

So in the end... I am going to ask all of you to follow what @GPX has stated while I decide what is my best course of action as a member here.

And I sincerely ask of this for the fact that I want to believe we are both friends and equals in this forum, regardless of differences we have and experience. In my case, I am the one whose previous PC prevented him from testing out a video game that was made for those on the Autism spectrum. Suggested by a cousin that may have worked on video games that some of you own. But I digress...

Thank you. And expect me to annoy update you all with my latest non-video game related stuff. 🍺

@FenrirZero:

I am honestly a bit disappointed with your rant post above, the baseless accusations, and the anger.

At the end of the day, no one (even NTs) can relate entirely with others. At best, we can try to empathize with others, based on our own experiences and knowledge, and at worst, we just can't relate to someone at all. 

You mentioned earlier that I was disrespecting my brother's existence or whatever, but no, I wasn't - I'm merely trying to empathize with you, on a level some NTs might be unable to do. On a different note, we both know very well that people on the spectrum are all very different from each other, and to be honest, it's something that should be embraced.

It sounds like you have experienced a lot of bad experiences during life, many sound similar to things my brother went through, and I'm sorry to hear it, I'm sure that everyone on VGS agrees that no human being should ever have to deal with any of that stuff. 😢

What I do strongly disagree with though is not trying to move forward and let those horrors in the past. I've never been engaged, but I was almost engaged once, and the cheating, lies, mental games all took a toll on me, physically and emotionally, it was something I hadn't been able to truly let go of and come to terms with until last week, almost five years ago to the day.

i could easily sit down and make a grocery list of terrible things that happened in my life, but I won't, it doesn't change anything and it's just hindering my future.

To be fair, no one on here knows anyone else truly, aside from those we know in person. So we can only form our knowledge of someone based on what they post, no matter how correct or incorrect that conception may be.

I'm not trying to be condescending to anyone, so if you feel that way about me, then I sincerely apologize. With that said, I also have (finally) reached the point in my life where I don't care what other people think of me - I try to hash out my small corner of life in the way I see fit, and I hope others do the same for themselves.

For me, at the moment, that means sitting outside a 7-11 drinking a beer, across from the park, while watching the cars and scooters go by, thinking about my future and how I can advance my goals to improve my own life.

Sitting outside of a 7-11 in a pair of dirty shorts and a sweaty t-shirt, old rucksack on my back, the remnants of black nail polish dotting my twisted fingers.

But I honestly wouldn't change anything in life, otherwise I wouldn't be here at this very moment, doing what I'm doing now 😉

Take care everyone.

So I’d rather not have my thread get locked. I don’t know what you guys are going on about, so can you kindly take it outside. I started this thread to point out the ever increasing acceptance of 1:1 repros among new collectors in hobby and discussing that specifically. The insults/apologies or lack there-of and long personal diatribes are not contributing to this. So @FenrirZero @fcgamer @Tanookiand whoever else may be entangled here (i didnt read through alot of the last few posts) please bring whatever is going on elsewhere.

Thank you

3 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

So I’d rather not have my thread get locked. I don’t know what you guys are going on about, so can you kindly take it outside. I started this thread to point out the ever increasing acceptance of 1:1 repros among new collectors in hobby and discussing that specifically. The insults/apologies or lack there-of and long personal diatribes are not contributing to this. So @FenrirZero @fcgamer @Tanookiand whoever else may be entangled here (i didnt read through alot of the last few posts) please bring whatever is going on elsewhere.

Thank you

The above post didn't contribute much to the thread either bud, and something else that I've learnt over the years is people don't like being told what to do 😉

Edit: @LeatherRebel5150 & @Foochie776:

Boys, eyeroll all you want, but neither of you brought the thread back on topic like I did. That's something you're just gonna have to accept. 😛

Edited by fcgamer
  • Eyeroll 2

Now then, bringing the thread back around to the OP's initial topic, I've personally learnt just to deal with this new breed of collector. 

I don't think all of the 1:1 repros are really good for the collectors of original games, but similarly, how often have popular albums been reprinted, old comics, etc? Even souvenir shops in America sell replica American Civil War-era coinage from the CSA.

I think such items probably do serve a purpose, it's just not a purpose that I personally find useful. 

Live and let live though, no need getting upset or trying to understand it, likely a different demographic of buyers.

• Like 1

@fcgamer? You pretty much used your brother as an excuse to address any grievances you have when it comes to the handling of my disability. After I pointed out that the previous statement you brought up was me being sarcastic, and the later was me saying that those who are being antagonists need to apologize. For the exact reasons @LeatherRebel5150 brought up. So again, your response is duly ignored as you care more about your "truth" than the damage you have caused between us. Thus I have you on block until somebody here convinces me otherwise.

And @LeatherRebel5150? What you said is why I have apologized, blocked the topic, an so on. I blame the antagonists that are bothering @Tanooki, but also do not use that as an a means to excusing his behavior. That is why I asked for both sides to apologize and move on. Both before and after I edited out an apology for me. That's a contradiction. But even then, I have it highlighted that I have left the topic. And am currently putting myself on 'self suspension' for the risk of me seeing any replies that involve/include me.

• Disagree 1

@FenrirZero: Okay sure, whatever.

You can interpret what I wrote in any way you find fit, that's the beauty of living in a free country.

If you want to talk and discuss how you can move forward with your business, feel free to PM me and maybe something insightful will come from it, I mean it's been how many years since you first conceived the idea? Not trying to put you down at all, but after that duration of time you surely should be well on your way to getting it started. And if there's some roadblocks you are trying to overcome, maybe we can find ways around them 🙂

@LeatherRebel5150 : My apologies that the thread was brought back towards the other topic I really tried to steer it back on track. 😞

So getting back to the original topic once again, there are a few folks over here in Taiwan selling AliExpress modern repros. I even had a local guy I know offer to sell me a modern repro TMNT tournament fighters 72 pin cart! I just told him it was too new, he understood what I meant and that was that.

@LeatherRebel5150 Look I'm playing catch up here at this point.  Whatever imploded or how it did I haven't even read yet in the last 12-18hours since I was last on here.  I said my piece earlier, and if someone else wanted to drag it out further with more comments I clearly wasn't taking the bait as I'm sure you saw so you have no worries from me in relation to that (person.)

I'm reading it now playing catch up but seeing your directed note in my notifcations I'm dropping that first with this comment I may edit after the fact once I get through this whole potential should be tldr moment.

Now that i read it I'm kind of disgusted at the whole mess, and the repeated sad attempts to drag me back into the argument which I will not do.  There's no need to feed pity seeking trolling to qualify an answer or response.  I'm sorry this wasn't dropped well over a day and a half ago at this rate as there was no reason for it to keep going and that really is that.

Back on subject too, recently I got this nice little chinese warezy as all get out mini NES/FC handheld with 129 games on it, shockingly it's quite good for something you can't add/change at all. Good game selection, nice clear screen, good audio and visual response and quality as well.  Kind of surprised some little sub $20 thing like that can function so well.  Amusingly it plays mighty final fight stage 1 for menu music, it's not included.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

@fcgamer once again, try to learn more about me. Because you using your brother as an excuse to not do that literally has you mocking his existence for your own condescending (and ignorant) gains. Because first off, if you fucking knew me like you claim to... Guess what? You would realize that saying all of that is just a bullshit attempt at using your own brother as an excuse to degrade me.

And second? Take note on why VGS WAS a forum I wanted to be a part of before you decided to take a massive shit on my existance. And act like anything you say is more relevant that the fucking truth.

The reality you are oh so willing to ignore is that I have been bullied since I was 10 years old. Maybe sooner but those who did had the courage to become my friends. Since 1986, I was picked on for being different. At school, on the way to my house, you name it. It also got worse after my Dad died in 1988, which is also the year I finally got my NES. But it did not protect me from the changes that I would be dealing with to this very day.

In Junior High School, a person purposely damaged a used AD&D book (Unearthed Arcana) I bought during one of my walks with my grandmother. The VP scolded me for having it on campus, as opposed to punishing the person who chose to damage it. In High School, I had three year books stolen in two years. Along with my property being vandalized in many ways. And having a stone thrown at my face. And a fire extinguisher used as a "joke".

The last one resulted in the person being yelled at, not suspended or expelled. Despite the fact a neighboring class was also affected by his actions. He harassed me up until the day I graduated.

Online I was vilified at a site called Web RPG for liking Dragon Ball Z, despite the fact that I was a new fan. Those who attacked me wanted things their way, with one of them ignoring the fact I was there for him when others attacked him. Nobody fucking cared that the hype annoyed me as well, nor cared that I'd like to see it be toned down. Those who wanted "tradition" included a sentient Borg, a talking wolf, and a person known to RP as god-level characters.

Beyond that, R. Talsorian's former moderator, Paul, would always tell me to "grow some skin" whenever I complained. He also banned me for starting a flame war that had me mainly be the target, which he begrudgingly reversed after others called his bullshit. If he did not do that, or allowed others to vilify me just because I did not agree with their views, I would more likely be busy re-reading Cyberpunk 2020 for both Red and 2077.

My times at Daizenshuu EX (defunct) ended with me being called "retarded" while the head of the forum acted like it was OK. All because I wrote two DBZ-related articles for Beckett, which they also had mocked, along with the fact I had reasons to support Funimation. The level of toxicity during my brief tenure there still has me experience a feeling of uneasiness whenever I try to be a fan of the franchise. With everything tied to it, overall, making even the smallest of provocations result in me feeling anxiety towards anything I worked hard to like, and collect.

This includes my years-long tenure as a forum moderator at Anime: Hopes & Dreams. My means of being a literal nice guy had a member accuse me of being a pedophile. All because I refused to let her take the place for granted. Just like how you took both me and my disability for granted. And she did it in a hate topic dedicated to me, on a friend's own private forum. With that conclusion being why I edited out my request for an apology.

This is just a percentage of the bullshit I endured before I was diagnosed with ASD in 2005.

After that I finally had a chance to start a real collection, with no second guesses or issues, on December, 2011. By December, 2011 I quit being both a member of Funimation's fanbase and a Transformers collector. The former was in thanks to somebody that convinced others that my breakup with my engaged-to-be-engaged girlfriend was a lie, and that I had a "grudge" with his friend who got banned because her behavior towards me was that bad. It was so bad that I had to call them directly while it was happening. And she did it because she wanted her other friend to be a victim, despite those who knew Funimation's past would say he was attacking Bandai Entertainment for the same reason those at Daizenshuu EX attacked Funimation.

I should point out that she used my disability as an excuse to break up with me. And called me condescending as well as say that both she and her family hated me for what I said. She did not care that I tried to know more about her father, nor got the chance he sounded like he had my own Dad's health risks.

When it came to Transformers, I quit the first time because the site's founder exonerated the harassment a key member was doing. Despite the reality his own mods asked for it to stop in the past. On my fucking birthday. His friends would always be friendly to me when he was not around, an 100% supportive of him when he was. I was depressed for the majority of 2013. The second time was at another Transformers website, with me being attacked for having a disability... Liking imports more than what they liked... And more.

One of them was like you, he became defensive when it came to a family member that had issues with their disability. But no remorse for their own hypocrisy. Bullshit like this went on prior to me joining Nintendo Age, then later joining VGS. With what was my last incident happening last year at a Star Wars forum. By a person who acted like everything he hated should be hated, along with the hatred of those who did not collect his way.

And family?

I was pretty much both emotionally and psychologically abused to the point I still have not recovered since 1989. Two members of my family put that person first with no regards for what did happen. One of them ended up robbing me in many ways before they were barred for assaulting me and being pretty much you when confronted. The other is a self-proclaimed victim with issues that make them somebody I have to avoid.

Going back to 2013, I should point out that I wanted to start a business in Japan. Because my experiences there occasionally rebooted parts of my brain that had been damaged by the abuse. The future assaulter refused to help because it had to be about their appeasement. The main family member refused to help because they claimed that nobody had to understand me. And I worked on that goal up to the point I burnt myself out.

On November 23, 2014, I became engaged. Nobody in my family, or associated with it, cared. Those who would have were dead, or too busy with their own successes to realize that I could use their support. The same key family member used the same excuse when I needed help gaining money for both the wedding and honeymoon. And later that year used their own narration to make me go back to Osaka when both she and I did not want that.

I spent that month watching my engagement die, while trying to not blame her for it. My emotional, psychological, and physical health declined. And all I got was a 3DS with one game that I later traded for Animal Crossings. Which was my least expensive attempt at an escapism.

On February, 2016, I planned to change my name in hopes of rebooting my life. Everything I asked for never came. Stuff that would have helped normalize my ASD never came, attempts at resolving the past never came, and things the eventual assaulter did was excused... Only to be used to vilify me. Along with the mockery of my health diagnosis, the avoidance of me saying how depressed I am, my talks of suicide, and my fears of having dissociation.

Shall I go on with that? Because it did not help when last week a woman made it worse for me when she said that my disability, and also my history of having anxiety attacks, is an excuse for the alleged abuse I was doing. Just like that d-bag from 2012 told my "friends" (that went silent) that I used my disability as a crutch. With you now being #3 on that list.

But you are partially right. Just not the demanding part, since adults only do that to those who act like overgrown children.

I mean the part where those who know how to be adults do not need to be reminded that apologies are something you offer when a mistake is made. Because it comes with human compassion. Something I guess you oppose, especially when the alleged "asshole" you are attacking is the same guy who sided with you during your fight with @spacepup. But who cares, right? Your "reality" is more important to you than harm it does to me. On the same year I literally left the Dragon Quest fandom after I felt demoralized. And did that instead of quitting VGS for any Dragon Quest fan forums out there.

So yeah... Thank you for the literal "Fuck you." as well. I'll try to forget that you used your own disabled brother as an excuse to attack me. No promises because when I write something this long, I often lose my will to be part of something that makes me feel like anything but the masochist I tend to be treated as. And consider your right to not give a human being-level fuck for any damage you chose to do as my X'mas gift to you.

Everybody else? It is up to them on how they treat you. So happy holidays from somebody who used to respect you, dood. 🍺

I’m starting to understand your condition better with the response you’ve typed up. 

I generally admire your stance on collecting as a hobby. With that being said, I do have some life tips for you because I feel you deserve a genuine response to your lengthy post.

1. This is a gaming forum, not a mental health forum. You tend to get people who love to talk to escape from reality rather than to focus deep on reality and emotional pain. 

2. I’ve noticed you can be somewhat over-sensitive/hyper-reactionary to other posters. Some of which may have merit, but some is overblown. I suspect this is your ASD and perhaps PTSD from past social abuses? Unfortunately though, when you’re an anonymous poster, words can easily be misinterpreted, misunderstanding and conflicts will happen from time to time. If you can accept this more, you’d cope better in this forum and any other forum, for that matter.

3. Some people will have rigid beliefs and attitudes no matter what the hard facts to the contrary. This is fact. Once you can accept this, whoever that has attitudes against yours and won’t change, then move on. Don’t waste too much time debating on the same topic with someone who has polar opposite views to you.

4. Life is short. Do what makes you happy, don’t waste time on demanding others to make you less unhappy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@GPXAlmost changed my post reaction from "agree" to "angry". 

I now know why I agreed with your post, it's because your post is basically the exact same content as what I had posted earlier, only to get chewed out for whilst you got a "thanks" reaction. Wtf?

Furthermore, we're off topic once again, despite the affable Tanooki and myself both trying to steer it back on topic. Here I go again, for attempt three or four.

In today's modern world, I think these modern reproductions do have a place, even if it's not our thing. It would be even better though if the original companies started doing them.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

@GPXAlmost changed my post reaction from "agree" to "angry". 

I now know why I agreed with your post, it's because your post is basically the exact same content as what I had posted earlier, only to get chewed out for whilst you got a "thanks" reaction. Wtf?

Furthermore, we're off topic once again, despite the affable Tanooki and myself both trying to steer it back on topic. Here I go again, for attempt three or four.

In today's modern world, I think these modern reproductions do have a place, even if it's not our thing. It would be even better though if the original companies started doing them.

I don’t think I’ve ever given an angry emoji on here. I don’t see much point, and I just move on to the next topic I’m keen on discussing. And ironically, I think angry emojis often incite others to stir even more, rather than everyone calming down like civil beings. At the end of the day, we’re talking about games. These are treasured relics, but most topics relating to them are essentially non-essential. 🙂

Back on topic, non-identical repros are ok with me. Whereas identical 1:1 repro lovers can eat their own balls.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

6 hours ago, fcgamer said:

My thinking is it's a matter of word choice.  His post seems more diplomatic whereas yours might be more hostile?  I dunno, I'm too lazy to go back and reread it.  But suffice to say, sometimes it's not about what is said, but rather how it's said.  And in a format like a web forum, where there is limited ability to express context that would be readily apparent when vocalized, word choice becomes paramount.  Hell, in this regard, I can point to you personally - there were a few times in the Chiller thread where I was saying more or less the same thing that Dr. Morbis was saying (not tagging him so he doesn't feel obligated to join the shit show 😛 ), yet you reacted positively to my post and negatively to his.  The wording in his posts seemed like an attack, whereas mine are deliberately diplomatic, thus the different reactions.  I would assume this is a similar scenario, just with shoes on different feet.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

My thinking is it's a matter of word choice.  His post seems more diplomatic whereas yours might be more hostile?  I dunno, I'm too lazy to go back and reread it.  But suffice to say, sometimes it's not about what is said, but rather how it's said.  And in a format like a web forum, where there is limited ability to express context that would be readily apparent when vocalized, word choice becomes paramount.  Hell, in this regard, I can point to you personally - there were a few times in the Chiller thread where I was saying more or less the same thing that Dr. Morbis was saying (not tagging him so he doesn't feel obligated to join the shit show 😛 ), yet you reacted positively to my post and negatively to his.  The wording in his posts seemed like an attack, whereas mine are deliberately diplomatic, thus the different reactions.  I would assume this is a similar scenario, just with shoes on different feet.

This could be the case, though I don't think my words were particularly caustic.

In the Chiller thread, of course anything the good doctor said is already flagged as it went out of the gate, before I even saw the words; perhaps that is what happened here too.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked