IGNORED

Looks like a lot of this sellers NES stuff is fake except for the board and back cartridges

Haha I actually bidded on those earlier today. I didn’t realize they are fake, just assumed they’d be real since he said they are authentic in the listing. Good thing someone outbid me

Honestly didn’t study the pics too hard, but I’d be able to tell if I could hold them in my hands

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

I don't see the problem here?

WATA happily grades reproduction boxes, and these all look to be in mighty FINE mint or near mint condition! Top bidder just needs to get those badboys in on a speedrun order, flip em onto HA and he'll be QUIDS IN!!! 🤑💵💵💵

I gave you a “confused” emoji because ....I don’t know whether to laugh or cry, thinking this could actually happen.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Sumez said:

Is no one going to report them?

How do you tell that it's fake?

One trick it to look at the feedback. Another trick is to look at the listings as a whole and see what else they sell. As a rule of thumb, people who sell minty mint games don’t sell them coupled with a loose console.

Edited by GPX
  • Like 1

Social Team · Posted
4 hours ago, Sumez said:

Is no one going to report them?

How do you tell that it's fake?

I'd say one of the easier way is the tabs on the top of the box don't contain the date code stamp.  From my understanding all Nintendo official released boxes have this.  Same with the manuals though it's only viewable on the inside of the last page.  You should always be able to request these photos.  Also from my understanding these dates should match if they were original to the boxed game.  I could be wrong about that last detail.

Reporting doesn't work, ebay ignores it.

The best way to do it is to intentionally punish the seller financially combined with the now ability to leave a negative.

Buy it, prove it's a lie, get a refund and return on their dime losing time, two shipping charges, and then also the negative for anyone with half a brain to read as a clear warning in red.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ninja Warriors said:

I doubt the board in the pics are even included.

Why?  All he has to do is buy loose games and pair them up with fake paperwork to increase his earnings exponentially.

14 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

From my understanding all Nintendo official released boxes have this.

Not all, but most.  Very early releases do not have any codes, date or otherwise...

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Why?  All he has to do is buy loose games and pair them up with fake paperwork to increase his earnings exponentially.

Not all, but most.  Very early releases do not have any codes, date or otherwise...

Why?  Check out the front cartridge labels on the Contra Force and Mighty Final Fight.  Both are obvious fakes.  Board and back of carts are the only “real” parts I see in the photos.  Doubt they are included.

1 hour ago, Ninja Warriors said:

Why?  Check out the front cartridge labels on the Contra Force and Mighty Final Fight.  Both are obvious fakes.  Board and back of carts are the only “real” parts I see in the photos.  Doubt they are included.

Yeah, but I don't see your reasoning.  The guy buying these needs to be able to play the games he buys, or immediate refund, so are you saying he's going to swap out the real boards for hidden fakes after putting all that other fake stuff on display?  It doesn't make any sense to me.  I mean, I guess he could do that, but he's already rolling the dice hoping the buyer has no clue about fake cardboard and paperwork, why include the added possibility of the buyer having a bit to open his carts and compare the boards (which would look wildly different if not legit)?  Like, why put in an obvious "reveal" after getting past all that other trickery?  Maybe you're right, but it just doesn't seem like it would be a very intelligent course of action...

People just need to beware when buying bulk NES lots on Ebay which have rare games in it cause with the rise in value on rare games sellers are taking advantage of it. I've bought a few lots where the main heavy hitter NES cart was fake and returned the whole lot to them and they had to pay for all shipping cost.  

Ouch on those cartridges, but the boxes and front labels are glaringly counterfeit.

Report these guys. I reported a seller on Mercari the other day selling a repro of Snatcher for almost $300. I don't care about repro sales, but there was a clear attempt at making it seem like partially a deal/authentic to those who aren't as knowledgeable.

I can't believe the eBay seller still has an account.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBlackCat said:

Ouch on those cartridges, but the boxes and front labels are glaringly counterfeit.

Report these guys. I reported a seller on Mercari the other day selling a repro of Snatcher for almost $300. I don't care about repro sales, but there was a clear attempt at making it seem like partially a deal/authentic to those who aren't as knowledgeable.

I would, but a part of me thinks that if you are willing to spend this type of money without reviewing his feedback or doing the homework on obvious cart label and box fakes shame on you.

23 hours ago, TheGreatBlackCat said:

Report these guys. 

At this point it starts and ends with Ebay. People have reported this guy and Ebay has done nothing. We see all these China fakes on Ebay which clearly it states reproduction or works "Like New" yet Ebay hasn't removed the ads. Priority are set elsewhere. 

20 hours ago, Bonanza125 said:

At this point it starts and ends with Ebay. People have reported this guy and Ebay has done nothing. We see all these China fakes on Ebay which clearly it states reproduction or works "Like New" yet Ebay hasn't removed the ads. Priority are set elsewhere. 

Not only does eBay not care, they are actively complicit in these scams IMO. The fact that reporting them means eBay has a good idea they are fake and still doesn’t protect they buyers means they WANT these sales to occur so they can collect more fees.

Seems crazy, but the only way anything will change is if they are forced to do something. Either by losing business or through the Gov forcing them. Sadly I don’t see either occurring.

Edited by DeuceGamer