IGNORED

Just ordered Pocky and Rocky 2 - overpaid?

So I bought this for $440 shipped and won't be paying tax. It's the most I've spent on a game. The top label is shit, but I really want to play this one. 

Was this a bad buy?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocky-Rocky-2-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1995-snes-authentic-/124665619990?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

Well now I REALLY regret selling my cart. Damn it. xD

Well I found a cart at a pawn shop in the early 2000's for twelve dollars, and since I'm not going full set for SNES, I sold it on eBay open auction and it went for $25... and I gotta say: I was pretty damn proud of myself at the time for so quickly doubling my money!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

There's more than likely going to be an official reprint of Pocky and Rocky 2 in the near future since Limited Run Games is currently partnering with Natsume to re-publish their retro catalog. If you don't mind the Nintendo seal of approval not being on the cart maybe look into re-selling that P&R 2 you bought and get that instead. You'll save a few bucks and have a legitimate version of the game for your SNES.

6 minutes ago, mrbogus said:

There's more than likely going to be an official reprint of Pocky and Rocky 2 in the near future since Limited Run Games is currently partnering with Natsume to re-publish their retro catalog. If you don't mind the Nintendo seal of approval not being on the cart maybe look into re-selling that P&R 2 you bought and get that instead. You'll save a few bucks and have a legitimate version of the game for your SNES.

That's not how it works.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, phart010 said:

It works for some but not for all

I'm just saying that if I buy the Metal Storm Reprint it doesn't feel the same as owning the real game for me.

If I was going down that road, I would be just as content with an everdrive or a repro

I don't have anything against how other people choose to collect that is just not the path I am on. Same as me collecting cart only nes, snes, and sega isn't for every cib collector.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Californication said:

I'm just saying that if I buy the Metal Storm Reprint it doesn't feel the same as owning the real game for me.

If I was going down that road, I would be just as content with an everdrive or a repro

I don't have anything against how other people choose to collect that is just not the path I am on. Same as me collecting cart only nes, snes, and sega isn't for every cib collector.

You’re right, it doesn’t feel the same. But if you’ve already accepted that your not gonna dish out more than $200 for a heavy hitter, then that’s as close of a feeling to the same as you’ll ever experience. 

I can respect original licensed only collecting. If I had the money, that’s the way I’d do it. But I’m weak 🥴

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Californication said:

So I bought this for $440 shipped and won't be paying tax. It's the most I've spent on a game. The top label is shit, but I really want to play this one. 

Was this a bad buy?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocky-Rocky-2-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1995-snes-authentic-/124665619990?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Good buy! In 5 years everything will be dried up and 5x in value. Having said that, by then Bitcoin will be $1,000,000, houses  will all be $1,000,000+ and the dollar will be hyper inflated to Zimbabwean levels (the Fed will tell us its all fine) so it’s all relative and won’t matter. Either way, this stuff doesn’t ever seem to get any cheaper. As long as you’re happy, it’s worth it!

• Like 1

Funny, in the 1990s I really wanted to be video game composer.  I made a demo tape of songs and sent it out to a bunch of companies.  The only company nice enough of to give me the time of day was Natsume, who gave me a call and explained "All of the develpment work was done in Japan" but sent me a few SNES games as encouragement.  The games being Pocky & Rocky, Pocky & Rocky 2, and Run Saber (maybe Atlus shared offices). 

Still have both P&R's (tho I didn't save the boxes/manuals) - not sure what happened to Run Saber.

• Like 4
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 3