IGNORED

Just ordered Pocky and Rocky 2 - overpaid?

34 minutes ago, 11strings said:

Funny, in the 1990s I really wanted to be video game composer.  I made a demo tape of songs and sent it out to a bunch of companies.  The only company nice enough of to give me the time of day was Natsume, who gave me a call and explained "All of the develpment work was done in Japan" but sent me a few SNES games as encouragement.  The games being Pocky & Rocky, Pocky & Rocky 2, and Run Saber (maybe Atlus shared offices). 

Still have both P&R's (tho I didn't save the boxes/manuals) - not sure what happened to Run Saber.

I love this story. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nesmaster said:

You are right, I felt like I was paying a ton when I bought a very nice cart off NA for $250. No regrets these days. 🙂

I paid $90 for mine. At the time I was picking up all Natsume games for SNES

Both Pocky and Rocky games are a good time, the first title being superior IMO. But the best game they have on the platform is Wild Guns—that game is serious fun.

• Like 3

Ouch, that's a deal?  Solid game but wow...snesanity.  Also that curling on top the layers are spread, doesn't appear to be a real tear.  I've had good success laying those flat again being very careful due to how thin that outer black layer is just using the classic glue stick.  Best to ge tit in with a fine point, mashing it down and swipe could shred it.

On 4/5/2021 at 8:29 PM, Tanooki said:

Ouch, that's a deal?  Solid game but wow...snesanity.  Also that curling on top the layers are spread, doesn't appear to be a real tear.  I've had good success laying those flat again being very careful due to how thin that outer black layer is just using the classic glue stick.  Best to ge tit in with a fine point, mashing it down and swipe could shred it.

The game just arrived. You are 100% right. The top label is curled. It's kind of exciting, but the one time I did this on my Bucky O'Hare cart I used super glue and put it on too thick slightly staining the top label.

• Wow! 1

I have a harder time gauging these days what it means to overpay. Prices are all on fire at the moment and it seems sellers just throw their stuff on eBay at much higher prices than before, and with COVID-FOMO-stimmy-comic-mania going on they tend to get buyers regardless.

That’s my long winded way of saying it feels like things are going up, and if you secured something you’ve wanted for awhile and it saves you the time to search for it then I’m not sure how bad it is to pay a little more.

2 hours ago, Californication said:

The game just arrived. You are 100% right. The top label is curled. It's kind of exciting, but the one time I did this on my Bucky O'Hare cart I used super glue and put it on too thick slightly staining the top label.

You might give something like this a try:

https://www.amazon.com/Elmers-CraftBond-Extra-Strength-Stick/dp/B0019CYW8Y/ref=asc_df_B0019CYW8Y/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167124288385&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17692229300550476051&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028780&hvtargid=pla-307652988678&psc=1

I have used it on paper before - it doesn't soak into the paper and a really thin application works well - and unlike more liquid glues it doesn't wind up where you don't want it - Michael's or Hobby Lobby should have it or another brand of the same stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Californication said:

Super glue does that

elmers glue stick and a razor seriously 

just slice a teeny piece off and get it as far under the curl and lay flat as you retract away with the razor. Then keep that nice warm thumb on it for at least five minutes.  Problem solved. Dries clear. Wipe excess off after. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

I mean, you do have to factor in that if you'd just put $10k in an S&P index tracker in December 1999, you'd now have at least $30495 (I think more, because there are some dividend returns not included in just the index price).

But the gameplay on it really sucks, admittedly. 😄

Editorials Team · Posted
1 minute ago, attakid101 said:

Did you see that this same seller listed a Hagane with a starting bid of $1300 that failed to sell? I really think Hagane prices will eventually come back to earth. 

Dunno, looks like two sold last week for $1400 and $1600...

If you really wanted the game I think it's a fine deal as it is a legitimately uncommon, good game. You'd easily be able to resell it to get your money back,

I sold a CI copy of P&R2 and a CIB copy of P&R1 for a combined $500 (CAD) about 2 years ago locally. I think I paid $120 for P&R2 with a worn rental manual. I was and am still very happy with the sale even though the P&R2 cart is worth more than the entire sale now. I also gave up hope on ever finding a decent box for a reasonable price so it was easier to sell knowing I'd likely never have it complete. Similar to Hagane... sold a CIB copy about 3 years ago for what the cart is currently going for now but was still happy with the sale and still came way out on top from what I paid for it and it was above the going rate at the time.

There is a CIB Hagane on eBay Canada for 3K obo which is in acceptable shape... I bet if they open the listing up to the US it'd be long gone. If I was still in the market I'd definitely throw an offer out for 2.5K at this point but I just don't have enough motivation to potentially squeeze more out of it.

• Like 1