IGNORED

Video Game Sage Mixology Championship

Jeevan

Social Team · Posted

ACtC-3fThNN7s5IIOXDQ74z4E1BAgrkxuDOZpdKz

Spoiler

ACtC-3fNhXqFLxfx0xwUpW_tNPwhrFJO_DqXkmyE

screw that web sites controls.  There is no way the controls would be that bad on the original game.  I'm pretty sure I'd kill this score if I had the cart to play on my atari 2600.....Maybe I'll use my Retro Pie instead of the website.

Too lazy to download and install on RetroPie.....maybe next year I'll give this a better  playthrough.  Also if you are down the the table you can jump back to pour a drink with the action button.

Edited by FireHazard51
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

ACtC-3fThNN7s5IIOXDQ74z4E1BAgrkxuDOZpdKz

Reveal hidden contents

ACtC-3fNhXqFLxfx0xwUpW_tNPwhrFJO_DqXkmyE

screw that web sites controls.  There is no way the controls would be that bad on the original game.  I'm pretty sure I'd kill this score if I had the cart to play on my atari 2600.....Maybe I'll use my Retro Pie instead of the website.

Too lazy to download and install on RetroPie.....maybe next year I'll give this a better  playthrough.  Also if you are down the the table you can jump back to pour a drink with the action button.

Using a keyboard is tougher than the Atari joystick, but the button controls were touchy on the original game too. Most of the lives I lose are due to throwing an extra glass because of the delay between me pressing the button and the action.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Using a keyboard is tougher than the Atari joystick, but the button controls were touchy on the original game too. Most of the lives I lose are due to throwing an extra glass because of the delay between me pressing the button and the action.

The delay is part of the game, I think. I read a little bit about arcade tapper strategy online, and it talks about how on the arcade game, your pour control isn't a button but a beer tap, and so you are working with something that has a built-in delay. I think they just put that into the Atari game as best they could, given the limitations.

The thing that screws me the most is I swear I move up/down to the next lane, only to be stuck throwing a glass to an empty lane. Last run was ruined that way; I lost three lives to basic input fails 😡

Anyway, I want to remember to say thanks for the contest, not only for the awesome artwork on the first post, but also for introducing me to Atari tapper. I had no idea this game was so good, or that Atari ports this complete existed in '83. I'm used to Atari games having no music, and maybe an approximation at best of the original gameplay. This port is way better than other ones I've tried, even ones made after it! The dev did an incredible job.

@acromite53

I hope everything is ok with your system! Don't let the game get too under your skin 🙂

3 hours ago, koifish said:

Anyway, I want to remember to say thanks for the contest, not only for the awesome artwork on the first post, but also for introducing me to Atari tapper. I had no idea this game was so good, or that Atari ports this complete existed in '83. I'm used to Atari games having no music, and maybe an approximation at best of the original gameplay. This port is way better than other ones I've tried, even ones made after it! The dev did an incredible job.

See, that's what I love about these contests. Really getting to know and learn about a game. I've had this game for years but I'd never put in the time to really learn about all of its mechanics. Tapper is a lot deeper than you'd think. I definitely have much more appreciation for the game now. It's becoming one of my favorites. 

Also it really is impressive for a 2600 game. It's got detailed characters with personality (love the sci-fi bar with aliens!), and multiple songs in it. Frogger is the only other 2600 game I can think of with a lot of song variety.

• Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
On 3/18/2021 at 11:58 AM, koifish said:

@Jeevan

Would there be any problem with displaying my name on a second phone in the future? I have an old spare I use from time to time and I could type out my name on it no problem.

Yes, if u display a phone with your name typed on it and the other phone in the pic that is all i need, no screenshots basically.  ❤️ 

Also, i could have sworn i had updated this thing last night, but apparently i must have clicked away or something.  It is up to date with everyone's scores on it lol  

Sorry bout that but you all have the scores listed and good luck to first place, its a heated battle between @Bearcat-Doug and @acromite53.  All top 3 could change at any time tho. so keep practicing and get them scores in!!!!