IGNORED

Survey Regarding the Potential of a New Video Game Grader in the Market

3 minutes ago, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

Understand the need but you think getting the public game collecting crowd to trust you good luck with an insurance company trusting anybody new or that they haven't worked with (in bed with) for 100 years. 

Has there been a glitch? Because I didn’t write the stuff in your reply above. 😯

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

Understand the need but you think getting the public game collecting crowd to trust you good luck with an insurance company trusting anybody new or that they haven't worked with (in bed with) for 100 years. 

Well, for my book collection my insurance company is fine with a detailed catalog appraised by a local bookstore owner, so...

8 minutes ago, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

I might have quoted someone from the text of you quoting someone???  Interneting is hard. 

It’s ok, no biggie.

It might seem like we’re being oppositional to your concepts, but you are getting some serious responses that are valuable in the long run. Just don’t take things personally and you will do ok on here. 😉

Ok I got this, here's a whole offering that is unique, and able to make you $$$: budget grading.

People send you their loose nes carts. Buy a shrink-wrap machine and reproduction boxes, make those loose games whole and sealed.

Then grade those puppies, guarantee the buyer a gold grade 10 if they pay a higher fee. Market it as a great way to pick up lady friends, impress colleagues, and grow your epeen.

Next logical step, have an appraising service for these games. Take more money from this new market of collectors. I mean, why buy smelly oldies that smell like mold and arse, when you can get perfectly mint items for half the price?

Pair it with an auction house. I've heard that George McKass and Jessie de la Beech both have some nice options. 

That's money in the bank right there, slogan can be "Financial constraints, make a mint" . A new way of collecting brought to you by @VideoGameGradersLLC

Edited by fcgamer

3 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Ok I got this, here's a whole offering that is unique, and able to make you $$$: budget grading.

People send you their loose nes carts. By a shrink-wrap machine and reproduction boxes, make those loose games whole and sealed.

Then grade those puppies, guarantee the buyer a gold grade 10 if they pay a higher fee. Market it as a great way to pick up lady friends, impress colleagues, and grow your epeen.

Next logical step, have an appraising service for these games. Take more money from this new market of collectors. I mean, why buy smelly oldies that smell like mold and arse, when you can get perfectly mint items for half the price?

Pair it with an auction house. I've heard that George McKass and Jessie de la Beech both have some nice options. 

That's money in the back right there, slogan can be "Financial constraints, make a mint" . A new way of collecting brought to you by @VideoGameGradersLLC

What is money in the back?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

What is money in the back?

I don’t speak for him, but I have to assume it’s auction houses sharing money for high-grade games sold that they have a partnership with. Grade games higher = higher profits, Especially if the auction house is giving you 5% off the top. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Soooooo... Now what then?

I'm pretty sure we've thoroughly talked out pretty much every aspect or potential aspect of this new service.

What I want to see now, is material, physical examples of your product. I wanna see examples of games graded at various levels of the scale, 1 to 10. I wanna see label designs and completed examples. I wanna see the cases (although I understand these are not ready yet).

Talk is cheap and we've had our fill of that, I would say by now! Time to start ponying up the good stuff, I want results damn it! Maybe just start by showing us a few games you have, and what grades they would get according to your system (no need for label or case, right now). That's easy, right you got plenty of games lying around, show us how they grade!

You say you're an expert grader, you say you have the knowledge and the skills and the expertise required to grade games... By all means, sir, indulge us! 🤩

• Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 12:04 AM, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

What I can say and am happy to share and discuss further is that we have identified 10 specific areas of the box to examine, 8 on the manual and cartridge. With 80 for the box, 26 manual, 24 cart specific flaws we will be looking for and deducting points for imperfections. We start as the games started, perfect and work backwards for creases, wrinkles, dirt, holes, discoloration, etc... which we turn into scores and then to a grade. 

Sorry to not talk shit everybody, but I like this. The grading systems of CGA/VGA and Wata have always seemed worthless to me precisely because they don’t do this. There is no explanation for the grade given and it all seems shady to me. 

And yes btw, the severity of flaws absolutely can be documented to defined specifications. Here is an example (comic book related) 

• Like 1

Hey guys, I decided to start a grading service too, called Wang's Grading Service.

Just received the cases today, I only need $88,742.09 to fund this project. Please help me, I have tons of experience grading things.

IMG20210312112812.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Hey guys, I decided to start a grading service too, called Wang's Grading Service.

Just received the cases today, I only need $88,742.09 to fund this project. Please help me, I have tons of experience grading things.

IMG20210312112812.jpg

LOLOLOLOL!

The sad thing is, this is literally more substance than we've seen from the OP to this point...

What's your INDIGOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGG dude? Credit card on standby!!!! 🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OptOut said:

The sad thing is, this is literally more substance than we've seen from the OP to this point...

What would you like to see?
Spec case drawings with detailed measurements, materials options, tolerances, costs? Maybe I should just drop the STP file I’ve invested over $1200 (so far) to get made? Maybe the security features we’re working on?
I will drop some images of the label draft for you all to make fun of tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

What would you like to see?
Spec case drawings with detailed measurements, materials options, tolerances, costs? Maybe I should just drop the STP file I’ve invested over $1200 (so far) to get made? Maybe the security features we’re working on?
I will drop some images of the label draft for you all to make fun of tomorrow. 

Grade a damn game. Show us pics of the Game, Box and Manual, and tell us what you would grade them and why. No label. No case. Show us your grading chops.

• Like 1

Just now, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

Since you asked nicely I will do that. I’m sure you’ll all be fair and constructive with feedback. 

I almost feel like we're finally getting somewhere, lol! And you can always count on @OptOut to be fair and constructive! Some people appreciate a little fire under their ass to get em moving, lol! 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

Since you asked nicely I will do that. I’m sure you’ll all be fair and constructive with feedback. 

For a guy who seems to really hate sarcasm and mockery, you seem to do a lot of it.

I mean IDK what kind of feedback you were hoping to get from the community. You say "do you want a grading company who's fast and transparent?" and...that's it? You need to provide more than an idea for anyone to say yay or nay.

That's why you're getting so much mockery from everyone (IMHO), because how could anyone legitimately say they're on-board or they think your company sucks, when they know nothing about what the product looks like, who will be doing the grading, or any other details? We've seen next-to-nothing about the product but you want feedback on...the concept of having a third grading company?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Khromak said:

For a guy who seems to really hate sarcasm and mockery, you seem to do a lot of it.

just trying to fit in. 

I mean IDK what kind of feedback you were hoping to get

I asked people to fill out a simple survey. 

you want feedback on...the concept of having a third grading company?

Yes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We also have light weight durable cases for game machines. Here is a famiclone we just graded.

To grade our games we use our secret, patented small and soft to rock-hard method. 😉

Cases come in three different colours, green, purple, and pink. They are each a different scent, for example green smells like lemons and purple smells like lavender. This helps neutralize the machines if they don't pass the smell test.

The experts at Wang's are ready to start grading whenever you are 😄

IMG_20210312_123711.jpg

IMG20210312121705.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

just trying to fit in. 

Yes. 

Welp, bad news for ya bud. The answer from most people who care about grading games is going to be (you will have noticed this by now): "Depends entirely on the details"

The entire IDEA of grading video games relies heavily upon the clout of the people doing the grading, so the value of a new company hinges on that. This is why so many people are asking who you are and who you're working with to do the grading.

The quality/presentation of the cases, labels, etc. really matters.

The cost of grading and how it compares to competitors will determine whether someone would be willing to give it a try.

All these details are necessary, because, as presented by others in this thread, if it's "some random guy" offering games in a thin plastic veneer with a laser-printed label and it costs 85% of what WATA is charging, the answer is no. If there's someone with a reputation grading for 50% of WATA with a better looking product, people will be on board.

So maybe check back in when you have all those details ready and you'll get a better answer. TBH this is a complete guess but I'd say #1 is the most important thing. It doesn't matter if you have the sexiest piece of plastic and you charge $5 for grading sealed stadium events, if the person grading the games is the Wizard of Oz, people aren't going to take it seriously, which is...kind of the point of getting your games graded?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

In all seriousness dude, that survey is some weak sauce shit. I don't know exactly what information you are hoping to get out of it, but if you consider that legitimate market research, well, frankly that's quite embarrassing. The answer to pretty much every point on the whole thing is like, yes, yes, yes and yes, it's all BASIC shit for any grading company.

Also, I find it strange that you haven't propagated the link to your survey to any other potential customer bases... I copied the link to the survey into Google Search, and the only two results that come up are the two threads you made here on VGS.

Unless you are using different links to the same survey in different places, it seems strange that you haven't started pursuing customers in other places for feedback... I mean... you DID say you have a much bigger market in mind... So... where are they?

• Wow! 1