IGNORED

Game Debate #28: Pac-Man

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal thoughts on playing it

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.
  2. 2. Next week's poll

• Kid Icarus
    • Ecco the Dolphin
    • Blast Corps
    • Shenmue
    • Kingdom Hearts
    • Bioshock
    • Dead Cells

Graphics Team · Posted
16 hours ago, Webhead123 said:

9/10 - It's one of the very earliest video game memories that I have and has a charm and design that is the epitome of vintage video gaming. It's gameplay is timeless. I was never terribly good at it but, even to this day, I still boot up a game of it at times when I'm looking for something satisfying that takes only seconds to get into and can fill as little or as much time as you're willing to give it.

One of the all-time greats.

This is perfect, Webhead.

The only other point I would add is how accessible PacMan is. It's one of the few games that nearly anyone can pick up and enjoy because it's so straightforward and fun.

-CasualCart

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

No.  Disregard "legacy", "impact", or "historical significance" when doing these.  Rate based on your own personal thoughts on playing it.

This is the entire reason for my relatively low rating.
I don't think anyone could argue against Pac-Man's cultural impact - I do have a ton of respect for the game. It was just flawed in its initial appearance.

(though it's kinda crazy to think that the 1 year older Heiyanko Alien has probably been much more influential to this style of game, despite being basically completely unknown outside of Japan)

• Like 1

The poll is closed already? Alright well, I'd give it an 8. It's still a great game, still fun to this game. It's probably the oldest game I still enjoy. It's not my favorite but I do find myself going back to it every so often even after all these years.

Next week's poll is vote Bioshock but, polls closed already.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
7 hours ago, AstralSoul said:

The poll is closed already? Alright well, I'd give it an 8. It's still a great game, still fun to this game. It's probably the oldest game I still enjoy. It's not my favorite but I do find myself going back to it every so often even after all these years.

Next week's poll is vote Bioshock but, polls closed already.

No, I (or someone else) must have accidentally done that.  Open now.

• Like 1

9/10.  Still phenomenal today.  Of course, Ms. Pac would be a 10/10, and possibly Jr. Pac as well.  I love having to memorize and mastering patterns in vintage arcade games.  But, as many of you know, I am an arcade nut.  

I have a Pac-Man's Arcade Party cocktail cab in my basement arcade and gets A LOT of play.

Edited by Sumer
  • Like 1

This is the first poll I've seen here with not a single vote for the "Never Played it" options.  Like others, I enjoy Ms. Pac way more (and the new Pac-man Championship Edition especially so), but neither of those games would exist without the original, so I've got to give it some props for that.  It's either #1 or #2 for most famous video game on earth with SMB, so that's gotta count for something...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...