IGNORED

One game you wish you could replay for the first time once again.

For me it´s Valkyrie Profile, no doubt about it. Played it about 7 or 8 times now, would love to enjoy it for the first time again.

SMT Nocturne would be a close second, the atmosphere on that game, oh man, so great. There´s the remaster coming, but it´s fresh on my mind, will probably wait a while till I play it again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leonemesis said:

For me it´s Valkyrie Profile, no doubt about it. Played it about 7 or 8 times now, would love to enjoy it for the first time again.

SMT Nocturne would be a close second, the atmosphere on that game, oh man, so great. There´s the remaster coming, but it´s fresh on my mind, will probably wait a while till I play it again.

I'll be honest, I've never played your choice. I YouTubed it to check it out. Seems cool and I'll look into it.

On 10/19/2020 at 11:52 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

Why DW 2 or 4 but not 3?  I actually just came here to post DW 3.  I can't imagine I'll ever be so shocked again in a video game... first, I thought it was all over when I walked merrily back to the King after beating Baramos, then finding out the Dark World was actually Alefgard, and THEN, as if all that wasn't cool enough, finding out at the end of the game that I've been playing the roll of the legendary hero Erdrick from the first game the whole time!!!  It blew my little 14 year old mind in a way that's just not repeatable.  I've never seen a trilogy end so well or tie together so seemlessly before or since.  So, yeah, for me I wish I could re-do DW III again for the first time...

That is a really good answer.  I just thought I'd put my two cents in: When I started playing DWIV I was initially dismayed by the battle system, but I eventually grew to like it and it became my fav. DW game.  Not by much, but it did, at least back in the day.  Actually it's always been kind of a toss-up between III and IV for me.

As far as DWII goes, I'd never played a true RPG before that had more than one character in the party.  Getting to play three characters for the 1st time again would be pretty incredible.

@littlemacstrainer

I've often cited Castlevania III as my favorite NES game, but whenever I decide to play it, it always kind of feels like the 1st time again.  There's something about the atmosphere of that game that I dig more than maybe any other game, something about the moss and mold and decay that seems to be growing on everything, coupled with the music and gameplay that just makes it always feel great to settle into a new game.  I recently discovered the codes that enable the player to play Sypha down the alucard route and vice versa as well.  It's just always feels like a fresh run for me.

I'm gonna go with Crono Trigger.  I think it's probably the #1 game that still needs a true sequel, hopefully in a similar general style to it's original era.  I've played it many times and I always enjoy reliving it, but I also always need to put it away for a nice long spell after a play-through, so that I have a chance to forget it a little bit...

• Like 2

Hmmmmm....no Sega love here? My choice would be Starflight for the Sega Genesis. A very cool Sci-Fi space exploration RPG. I remember getting this a beating it back in 94.  Back then there weren't a lot of reviews. I made my choice based on the front and back cover art/explanation.  The manual was a small book in itself. What's this? A star map? Looks nice but do I need it? Trust me you needed this map to help you with the game. It was a huge time sink for me. Just flying around and discovering a new solar system. What planet was I going to land on? Oh wait that planet is loaded with valuable minerals but is highly volcanic? My Science officer recommends I don't land there. Yea well I'm the captain and I'm risking it. A few times I'd get caught in an eruption and it was a struggle to get my landing craft back to my ship to take off. I'd die several times and get rescued and have to dig myself out of debt. Traveling all over the galaxy finding the artifacts you needed was challenging. I felt very satisfied when I finally beat this game. I know I don't have the patience to beat it ever again but every once in a while I'll fire it up and go on a mining exploration, maybe fight some aliens who are being jerks. I'm surprised this one doesn't get mentioned at all.

• Like 1

I'm going to say StarFox 64. (But I'd wish to relive the actual first moments, not just playing it for the 1st time today)

I didn't have a N64, I was a PS1 kid. But my cousin had it, and I got to play it over there.

Just doing the training mission with unlimited enemies in "All Range Mode" blew my mind. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 7:10 PM, PII said:

That is a really good answer.  I just thought I'd put my two cents in: When I started playing DWIV I was initially dismayed by the battle system, but I eventually grew to like it and it became my fav. DW game.  Not by much, but it did, at least back in the day.  Actually it's always been kind of a toss-up between III and IV for me.

As far as DWII goes, I'd never played a true RPG before that had more than one character in the party.  Getting to play three characters for the 1st time again would be pretty incredible.

@littlemacstrainer

I've often cited Castlevania III as my favorite NES game, but whenever I decide to play it, it always kind of feels like the 1st time again.  There's something about the atmosphere of that game that I dig more than maybe any other game, something about the moss and mold and decay that seems to be growing on everything, coupled with the music and gameplay that just makes it always feel great to settle into a new game.  I recently discovered the codes that enable the player to play Sypha down the alucard route and vice versa as well.  It's just always feels like a fresh run for me.

I'm gonna go with Crono Trigger.  I think it's probably the #1 game that still needs a true sequel, hopefully in a similar general style to it's original era.  I've played it many times and I always enjoy reliving it, but I also always need to put it away for a nice long spell after a play-through, so that I have a chance to forget it a little bit...

Excellent response to the Castlevaina III aspect. 👏 

Chrono Trigger is a hallmark of a video game. When it comes to the snes specifically speaking, Chrono Trigger is right along with The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past as the consoles best games for me. Great choice. 👍

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

As of this moment, I would choose "Super Mario World". My mom had an SNES on layaway for me at Wall-Mart when I was about 7 or 8 years old. It was the Super Mario World bundle. I had heard about the Super Nintendo from fellow classmates and had seen commercials, but had never experienced it for myself. I had an NES at the time, and it was pretty much my whole world. Every time we would go to Wall-Mart, my mom would put a little bit more money toward the console until finally we were able to take it home. It felt like a lifetime worth of waiting back then. It's all coming back to me now! I can even smell the innards of the box, as I opened it on that fateful night. It was like a dream. I can even still see the layaway sticker stuck to the outside of the box, even though I haven't seen it in 25 years. I hooked the system up to my parents main TV in the living room. I can't even explain in words how wonderful the euphoric release was for me as a child. Yes there are better games than that, but If I had to relieve an experience, it would be that one.

• Like 1

This question really depends on the age Id get to play it. Always wanted to play kung fu as a kid and never did. But I guess that's a different premise

I remember the first time I played excitebike and I was blown away. First game I got along with my nes. Id already played mario 1 a lot on other people's consoles, so I was WAY more into excitebike. Tecmo cup soccer comes to mind too. I expected a traditional soccer game and the rpg style with huge chacters just blew me away. 

For SNES, Street Fighter 2. Tons of hype and I got to see it a lot before actaully playing it. I expected the world and it delivered. A link to the past is way up as a lot of people have said. 

And for @Jeevan, n64 option is waverace. Another one that was hyped, looked out of this world at the time, and totally delivered. And still does. Harvest moon 64 also. Didnt play snes version til much later. Expected nothing from a farming game and was blown away. My brother and I spent summer nights staying up til 6 am passing the controller ever half hour. 

Edited by NESfiend

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

This question really depends on the age Id get to play it. Always wanted to play kung fu as a kid and never did. But I guess that's a different premise

I remember the first time I played excitebike and I was blown away. First game I got along with my nes. Id already played mario 1 a lot on other people's consoles, so I was WAY more into excitebike. Tecmo cup soccer comes to mind too. I expected a traditional soccer game and the rpg style with huge chacters just blew me away. 

For SNES, Street Fighter 2. Tons of hype and I got to see it a lot before actaully playing it. I expected the world and it delivered. A link to the past is way up as a lot of people have said. 

And for @Jeevan, n64 option is waverace. Another one that was hyped, looked out of this world at the time, and totally delivered. And still does. Harvest moon 64 also. Didnt play snes version til much later. Expected nothing from a farming game and was blown away. My brother and I spent summer nights staying up til 6 am passing the controller ever half hour. 

I have actually never played that that i can recall.  I will look it up tho.  Could be the next game I buy for N64 😉  

• Like 1