IGNORED

Popular franchises you've never played

CMR

So, I was reading Gloves's PS2 Prince of Persia thread and I realized that's a series (the 3D POP games) that I've never played.  After thinking about it some more, I realized there were other popular series that I had never played either, and I thought it would make an interesting thread.

Popular series I've never played:

3D Prince of Persia

Spyro

Sly Cooper

Forza

I've never touched these games.  Despite their popularity when I was playing a ton of PS2.

Edited by CMR

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Sly Cooper

Ratchet and Clank

Pokemon

Animal Crossing

Tekken

Virtua Fighter

Pikmin

The Sims

Shenmue

All of these for me as well. Pokemon is the only exception, since I've technically played one before, but I only made it maybe 30 minutes in to the game when it decided to keep crashing at a certain point, preventing me from progressing any further without resetting the game, which I just didn't really feel like doing. So technically I have played a Pokemon game before, but not really.

Metroid

Castlevania

Street Fighter

Tekken

Metal Gear

GTA

Doom

Halo

Elder scrolls

Diablo

Fable

Uncharted

Resident evil

Kingdom hearts

God of war

Bioshock

Tomb raider

Mass effect

Assassin's Creed

Wow

StarCraft

Lol

The last of us

Persona

Animal crossing

Prince of persia

Crash Bandicoot

Shin megami tensei

Probably a lot more since I don't play Xbox, PlayStation or PC games. The only non Nintendo system I own is PSP.

Puyopuyo Pop

Dark Souls

Persona

Elder Scrolls

Wild Arms

Call of Duty

Animal Crossing

Uncharted 

Assassin's Creed

Hitman

Deus Ex

Ratchet & Clank

Bio Shock

Silent Hill

Suikoden

Shenmue

SNK Fighters.  All of them.

Metal Gear

Forza

Pikmin

Fire Emblem (I'm not counting the mobile one, though I did play it a bit for the first couple of months)

24 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

😱

Someone get this man a Metroidvania and Resident Evil 4, stat

Haha for some reason Metroid has just never really interested me. Neither has Kirby but I have at least tried a couple Kirby games before.

What if you try pikmin and Pokemon and I try Metroid and resident evil?

Edited by Makar

Editorials Team · Posted
35 minutes ago, Makar said:

Haha for some reason Metroid has just never really interested me. Neither has Kirby but I have at least tried a couple Kirby games before.

What if you try pikmin and Pokemon and I try Metroid and resident evil?

In the short term I have SNES commitments, but yes, I will get both off the bucket list.  I own Pikmin 2, and would like to purchase Red or Blue at some point

28 minutes ago, AverageOliver98 said:

Most First/Third Person Shooters

Ratchet and Clank

Halo

Animal Crossing

Madden and every other sports series from EA

Thank you. Add Ratchet and Clank, Animal Crossing and all the modern sports games to my list.

1 hour ago, RH said:

Puyopuyo Pop

Dark Souls

Persona

Elder Scrolls

Wild Arms

Call of Duty

Animal Crossing

Uncharted 

Assassin's Creed

Hitman

Deus Ex

Ratchet & Clank

Bio Shock

Silent Hill

Suikoden

Shenmue

SNK Fighters.  All of them.

Metal Gear

Forza

Pikmin

Fire Emblem (I'm not counting the mobile one, though I did play it a bit for the first couple of months)

Never played most of these either except for SNK fighters and Metal Gear.

15 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

In the short term I have SNES commitments, but yes, I will get both off the bucket list.  I own Pikmin 2, and would like to purchase Red or Blue at some point

Alright well I need to find me a Metroid and resident evil game then lol. Pikmin 2 might be better than the first one. They're both excellent but different too. If you have a friend to play with, the 2 player mode in pikmin 2 is actually really fun. FireRed and leafgreen are better than red and blue imo but if you want to start with the originals go for it. They're great too. They just have a lot of mechanics that were broken and fixed in later games. The move Wrap being one of them, and psychic types like Alakazam being extremely OP. No hold items either. They have changed a lot since first gen.

1 minute ago, KokiriChild said:

@RH

Do yourself a favor and play the Uncharted series. They are not large time-sinks at all and are phenomenal. 

I might one day. Didn't it first release on the PS3? Yeah, anything from that era I never owned or tried. Technically, there's probably many other fanchises that started then or afterwards and I never tried any of them. I just rattled off the big ones I could think of that I know people talk about.

1 hour ago, RH said:

I might one day. Didn't it first release on the PS3? Yeah, anything from that era I never owned or tried. Technically, there's probably many other fanchises that started then or afterwards and I never tried any of them. I just rattled off the big ones I could think of that I know people talk about.

Yeah, they are all PS3 and PS4. PS3 is an amazing system that is absolutley deserving of your time.