IGNORED

Wow it has been a long time!

Hey guys -

I just went to NA and couldn’t remember my username, but then I realized that was probably a good thing after I did a quick Google search.

Those that have been around a while may remember me - old usernames were linktothepastgaming and retroscribe.

To jog your memory: I produced a few homebrew titles (Blow em Out, Beerslinger, Perfect Pair) and owned the short-lived retro game rental company.

So the reason I came back around was that I recently deleted my Facebook but wanted to save some old pics and I found some sick stuff that I once owned: Dreamcast kiosk, Neo Geo stuff galore, NBA Elite 11 VIP kit, and of course my Stadium Events.

I missed those days and a lot of the friends I made here so I thought now was a great time to say hello. I’m still active in the video game world, but I’m focused on my true love - Madden. Wrote a strategy guide during quarantine and I’m working on a history of Madden book.

Anyway, hope to hear from some of the old guys! 

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MUTguide said:

Hey guys -

I just went to NA and couldn’t remember my username, but then I realized that was probably a good thing after I did a quick Google search.

Those that have been around a while may remember me - old usernames were linktothepastgaming and retroscribe.

To jog your memory: I produced a few homebrew titles (Blow em Out, Beerslinger, Perfect Pair) and owned the short-lived retro game rental company.

So the reason I came back around was that I recently deleted my Facebook but wanted to save some old pics and I found some sick stuff that I once owned: Dreamcast kiosk, Neo Geo stuff galore, NBA Elite 11 VIP kit, and of course my Stadium Events.

I missed those days and a lot of the friends I made here so I thought now was a great time to say hello. I’m still active in the video game world, but I’m focused on my true love - Madden. Wrote a strategy guide during quarantine and I’m working on a history of Madden book.

Anyway, hope to hear from some of the old guys! 

Cheers,

Bill

Ah you deleted your FB?  Yeah I used to keep up with your posts, think I recommended you a laptop site in your search a few weeks back.  Still collecting shoes too? Lots of great items to collect from video games these days, never too late to get back in!

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

Ah you deleted your FB?  Yeah I used to keep up with your posts, think I recommended you a laptop site in your search a few weeks back.  Still collecting shoes too? Lots of great items to collect from video games these days, never too late to get back in!

Yeah man I just couldn’t deal with the constant barrage of politics. My final post was along the lines of “if I wanted to watch grown adults argue that they’re right about everything, I’d just go ref more hockey games and get paid to deal with it”

Shoes are kind of on the back burner, we are getting married in Sept and have lots of personal goals to hit before I start dropping $200/week on Jordans haha

How have you been dude?

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

Hi! What happened with the retro rental store? Not enough interest?

I don’t recall the exact details but we were using PayPal as the payment processor andI learned  they had language in their contract that would give me zero recourse if someone rented games and never returned them. There weren’t many other options back then for payment processing based on how the site was set up.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...